**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

39 minutes ago, Andersoncd said:

If you test positive for covid 11 days before cruise, but then negative within the 2 days prior, are you OK to cruise? Do they ask you if you ever had covid before, or check the cdc database?

Brand new protocols came out just today. You really need to check out the new protocols on the  Carnival website. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but after quickly, and I mean quickly skimming the new news, I'd say yes. But don't bank on my being correct. ymmv.

14 hours ago, Andersoncd said:

If you test positive for covid 11 days before cruise, but then negative within the 2 days prior, are you OK to cruise? Do they ask you if you ever had covid before, or check the cdc database?

I can't speak for everyone but our party of 4, they just asked for vaccination status and the negative Covid test.  They didn't ask if we ever had Covid.

If new protocols came out yesterday, I'd take a look at those if I were you.  I am guessing they still won't ask you if you've ever had Covid since the requirement is to have a Negative test within 2 days of sailing.

Edited by MerIin

To clarify what I'm reading, if fully vaccinated people book a 4-day cruise on certain ships through April, we'll be guaranteed to be able to register for $10 testing in the terminal that morning and don't have to worry about finding an appointment and getting tested while traveling? This may be the deciding factor as to which cruise we take.

• Like 1

I'm curious if there are long lines for those $10 tests at the terminal.  We are cruising in March and just received an email offering it at Port Canaveral for our cruise, however, I don't want to waste a few hours standing in line to be tested.

5 hours ago, dandeck said:

What happens if, on B2B cruises, one in your party tests positive for Covid?  

NOTE: so if traveling with your wife, makes sense you both would disembark.  Would your subsequent cruise(s) be refunded?  Anyone know how handled?

Thanks! 

On 2/14/2022 at 1:51 AM, Pellaz said:

Got my heads-up email about our upcoming cruise departing Thursday, but there was no mention of any $10 at-port COVID testing at PortMiami.  

Pellaz-

I believe this is only for the CONQUEST - at least that's what the email I got said.  Looks like you are on the SUNRISE.

On 2/14/2022 at 1:51 AM, Pellaz said:

7 hours ago, moonjelly said:

We received our free government issued "ihealth" covid 19 rapid antigen test, "FDA emergency use approved tests" in the mail. Does anyone know if these are an approved test for Carnival's purposes? Thank you for any insights.

No. They are not supervised.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:17 PM, AandBmom said:

We are from Canada, driving to Buffalo, then flying to LAX.

'

Can someone please advise what testing is like in the US? For example, is it easy to get appointments, how quick are results, etc.  I heard it is free? Is this the case?  Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. 

Being from the Netherlands, I'm interested in the answer to these questions as well 🙂

I haven’t read through this whole thread—it’s pretty long.  Just one quick question.  Has anyone successfully completed the proctored test aboard a Carnival ship using Carnival wifi?  If so, did you have value or premium package?  I’m looking to take my test required to fly home from Europe on the last day of the cruise.  Thanks for any help!

On 1/10/2022 at 8:43 AM, dantim said:

Just a quick question on the Abbot ID now Covid testing through emed, I create an account once I receive my test than once I am ready to take it log in and it will take me to the proctor to perform the test correct?  Also, if my husband is testing with me can I use the same email or do I need to set him up with his own account?

I believe each person needs an email. Then you can access it through your phone with the QR code to show at embarkation. Your test results are emailed to you within 20 mins of completion of test.

You can make reservations at Walgreens and CVS (in my area).  CVS takes reservations 14 days out. 

Personally, we bought the proctored home test and then plan to make a backup CVS reservation in case the home tests are faulty.  

We purchased the home proctored (Abbott BinaxNOW) from Optum store online...cost was $69.99 for (2) tests.

My plan is to take the home proctored test 2 days before cruise and schedule the CVS test 1 day before cruise just for "if need be".

• Like 1

Depends on your area and availability.....but we go to CVS.  Haven't had an issue scheduling an appointment and results are back usually by the time we get back home.  I think the at home tests are good for people in less populated areas or those areas where testing is difficult.  For us, we'd rather drive the 10 min up the road and save the money.