Nexus Trusted Traveler Renewal

iancal

8 hours ago, hancogran said:

Well I guess they are starting to work on the Nexus renewal "backlog".  I've mentioned in this thread before that my husband's card expired January 2022 and I had applied for his renewal back on July 7, 2021.  Finally received an email this morning to check his TTP portal since there was a change in status and it shows his renewal is "approved".  The new expiry date is January 2027!!😊  I'm assuming they'll mail the new card but I'm thankful there's no interview involved since I've read horror stories about people having so much trouble getting interviews.   Hopefully my own renewal will be processed soon too and hope everybody else who is waiting gets some good news soon too. 

I got the same email today too.  Couldn’t wait to get home from work today to see what my present was 😛😛.  I applied July 1 and got approved today so I must be in the sweet spot of not having to wait forever.  Its lovely not to have to go for an interview.  I’ve had my card for 10 years so I don’t know if that makes a difference.  So much for the thought that if you change employers or have other changes you’ll be investigated and have to drive across the border for an interview 

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I got the same email today too.  Couldn’t wait to get home from work today to see what my present was 😛😛.  I applied July 1 and got approved today so I must be in the sweet spot of not having to wait forever.  Its lovely not to have to go for an interview.  I’ve had my card for 10 years so I don’t know if that makes a difference.  So much for the thought that if you change employers or have other changes you’ll be investigated and have to drive across the border for an interview 

Wow... you sure are one of the lucky ones if you only applied July 1.  (maybe go buy a lottery ticket now too).  We've also had our cards for 10 years and no address, employment or other changes, nor any border problems, etc.  Not sure how they determine what applications to process first but glad you got yours... and no interview. 🙂

54 minutes ago, turnin50 said:

I’d be interested to know when you get your card, my husband been waiting 2 weeks for his card to come in the mail.

I'll come back and post when DH receives his card but I'm expecting a bit of a wait for that now .  Hope your husband gets his soon. 🙂

Edited by hancogran

7 minutes ago, hancogran said:

Wow... you sure are one of the lucky ones if you only applied July 1.  (maybe go buy a lottery ticket now too).  We've also had our cards for 10 years and no address, employment or other changes, nor any border problems, etc.  Not sure how they determine what applications to process first but glad you got yours... and no interview. 🙂

I wonder.  I’m not a lucky person so this was surprising.  It seems incredibly stupid but maybe they are doing last in first processed which isn’t right.  I hope you hear soon. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, hancogran said:

I'll come back and post when DH receives his card but I'm expecting a bit of a wait for that now .  Hope your husband gets his soon. 🙂

Thanks I appreciate that, I’ll also post when he gets his.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Good. That makes three of us on this thread who got their renewal in about 7 weeks. Hopefully the start of a trend!

• Like 3

On 8/22/2022 at 6:52 PM, turnin50 said:

On 8/22/2022 at 6:52 PM, turnin50 said:

Well 13 months after applying for re-newal and over 2 weeks after approval my husband FINALLY got his new Nexus card today!

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2022 at 9:52 PM, turnin50 said:

I'm guessing it's irrelevant now  now since you've received your husband's renewal card but I said I'd post when we got my husband's card... it came today!  That's a total of 10 days from when we received the approval.  I expected it to be much longer (considering we waited almost 14 months for the approval).  Good luck to everyone who's still waiting. 

2 minutes ago, hancogran said:

I'm guessing it's irrelevant now  now since you've received your husband's renewal card but I said I'd post when we got my husband's card... it came today!  That's a total of 10 days from when we received the approval.  I expected it to be much longer (considering we waited almost 14 months for the approval).  Good luck to everyone who's still waiting. 

Thats ok I'm glad his came. I'm guessing your husband's was slightly quicker cuz it came from the east, ours had to come all the way to the west lol The approval wait time was almost the same.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 1:40 PM, turnin50 said:

Thats ok I'm glad his came. I'm guessing your husband's was slightly quicker cuz it came from the east, ours had to come all the way to the west lol The approval wait time was almost the same.

I got mine today!  Maybe it got a piggy back from yours.  I’m on the west side of the country too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I got mine today!  Maybe it got a piggy back from yours.  I’m on the west side of the country too.

Finally eh? Mine expires Oct 2024, you can bet I'll start the renewal process as soon as the website allows me, Oct of next year.

• Like 1

Thought I'd share my recent experience to this growing thread.

Nexus was set to expire Dec 2022.     I received my Program Expiry Email notification to renew on July 4th.   I completed the online application within a day or two of the email was given the 1 year automatic extension  and I received notification on August 30th that my renewal was approved, no interview required.  So just around 8 weeks processing.

My husband's Nexus is expiring Feb 2023 just received his email notification to renew this week.  He completed his form last night and so we shall see if its the same time frame or not.

I had zero changes from my previous application - same job history, living in the same place.   Hubby has a new job to report.  Not sure if any of that impacts speed or interview requirements.

Oh and yes we have the CIBC Adventura credit card which provides a refund on the application fees which is a nice bonus to that card.

We are finally cruising for the first time since the shut down in just over 2 weeks.  Can Not Wait!!! 

1 hour ago, lesters said:

Thought I'd share my recent experience to this growing thread.

Nexus was set to expire Dec 2022.     I received my Program Expiry Email notification to renew on July 4th.   I completed the online application within a day or two of the email was given the 1 year automatic extension  and I received notification on August 30th that my renewal was approved, no interview required.  So just around 8 weeks processing.

My husband's Nexus is expiring Feb 2023 just received his email notification to renew this week.  He completed his form last night and so we shall see if its the same time frame or not.

I had zero changes from my previous application - same job history, living in the same place.   Hubby has a new job to report.  Not sure if any of that impacts speed or interview requirements.

Oh and yes we have the CIBC Adventura credit card which provides a refund on the application fees which is a nice bonus to that card.

We are finally cruising for the first time since the shut down in just over 2 weeks.  Can Not Wait!!! 

I had a job change.  It didn't seem to make any difference thankfully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I had a job change.  It didn't seem to make any difference thankfully.

My husband had retired since his last Nexus activity but I dunno if that had anything to do with the long wait, he did apply to renew right smack dab in the middle of Covid chaos so I'm thinking that played a part and I might add he got NO notification of his card expiring, nether of us had even looked at our Nexus cards since our last trip to the US Nov 2019. Wouldn't have even realized it expired if he hadn't dragged it out for picture ID for one of his pension applications. Glad they may be getting their ***** together finally.

• Like 2

I applied for Nexus cards last December for both myself and my common law partner.Within a couple months she got conditional approval and had to wait to get an interview. I am still waiting to get conditional approval. Is that normal? I know there is a backlog but why was hers done within 2 months and I am still waiting 9 months later.

1 hour ago, turnin50 said:

My husband had retired since his last Nexus activity but I dunno if that had anything to do with the long wait, he did apply to renew right smack dab in the middle of Covid chaos so I'm thinking that played a part and I might add he got NO notification of his card expiring, nether of us had even looked at our Nexus cards since our last trip to the US Nov 2019. Wouldn't have even realized it expired if he hadn't dragged it out for picture ID for one of his pension applications. Glad they may be getting their ***** together finally.

Oooops I'm sorry I didn't know I couldn't use that word, my bad. 🤐

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, turnin50 said:

We also have never ever received an email or any notification alerting us that it was time for our Nexus renewal. The Nexus card my husband received this week was his third renewal and like you,  it was right in the middle of the Covid chaos.  Now I'm waiting patiently for mine which I renewed in November 2021 since it expired in May 2022.  Let's see how long this takes.  I'm still trying to figure out their system regarding who gets priority processing.🤔

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hancogran said:

We also have never ever received an email or any notification alerting us that it was time for our Nexus renewal. The Nexus card my husband received this week was his third renewal and like you,  it was right in the middle of the Covid chaos.  Now I'm waiting patiently for mine which I renewed in November 2021 since it expired in May 2022.  Let's see how long this takes.  I'm still trying to figure out their system regarding who gets priority processing.🤔

Fingers crossed you get it soon 

• Thanks 1

About three weeks ago I applied to renew my Nexus that was expiring March 2023. Yesterday I was notified that it was approved and extended to 2028!  Guess my new card will come in the mail.  Unfortunately my husband who forgot to renew prior to expiring during pandemic is still waiting for his new application to be approved and then I guess he’s need an interview?  

12 hours ago, skatie said:

About three weeks ago I applied to renew my Nexus that was expiring March 2023. Yesterday I was notified that it was approved and extended to 2028!  Guess my new card will come in the mail.  Unfortunately my husband who forgot to renew prior to expiring during pandemic is still waiting for his new application to be approved and then I guess he’s need an interview?  

Wow, that’s record breaking fast!  Congratulations.  I wouldn’t assume he’ll need an interview.  I think it’s going to be a wait and see thing.  I think a few of us got in that sweet spot to get approved quickly which is great.  I do feel bad for those that didn’t have the same luck.

13 hours ago, skatie said:

My husband also let his expire before he started the renewal process, approval took 14 months no interview and his card came 2 weeks after approval, also doesn't expire till Mar 2028. I think they're finally getting thru the backlog.

• Like 1