Nexus Trusted Traveler Renewal

iancal

On 12/16/2022 at 1:39 PM, YVRteacher said:

Is anyone having difficulty activating their new card?  When I log on to the site to activate, I get to the authenticate screen and a QR code comes up but I can’t get it to work to take a photo for face recognition.  Help!!!!!

I activated my Nexus card online about a month ago but there was no QR code on the screen.   Maybe something new?

3 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Thank you for this.  My DL is expired and I have just updated the information.  Let's hope that this is the missing link to my renewal!

I recall from 12 years ago at my interview that they told me that I must keep all of my documents up to date 

I was “conditional-interview needed” in august. Dec 5, I received an email notifying me of a status change. I had been approved. 
My card arrived in the mail today. 
I’ll activate it tomorrow.  I’ll also go online to see if my interview, which I scheduled for late February, has been automatically cancelled. If it wasn’t, I’ll cancel it and hopefully free up a spot for someone else.
We sail in February! 

18 hours ago, gold1953 said:

checked my long pending renewal a couple of days ago. I went into my details and noticed that my drivers license had expired  during this waiting for an interview period. I updated it and now just 2 days later my status has updated and my card is on the way! Expires in 2026 now as I have been waiting since 2021.

So any one waiting should check their documents.

Thanks for the tip!  My DL had expired and never gave it a thought it might impact my renewal.

My card arrived yesterday & I was able to activate online using my login, password & 3 digit security number on the back of the new card.

And my interview scheduled for late February is no longer showing on my profile. 
I’m now good till 2027.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

DW was conditionally approved back in Jan. Status hasn't changed. Hopefully she'll be lucky and will get approved soon. Niagara Falls would be the closest location but even then it's a 2hr+ drive to get there. Fingers Crossed.

Mine took over 2 years!

We renewed our Nexus last year and this July, both of us were conditionally approved pending an interview.  We went to Punta Cana, DR, Dec 6-16 and last week we received emails from TTP/Nexus stating our status changed to fully approved. We can start using the benefits of Nexus once our new cards have been issued.

• Like 1

I was hoping to get a Nexus card, We have been traveling frequently enough to the US in the last year, and have more trips planned coming up that it made sense. But seeing as I'm in Newfoundland and they have a lack of appointments, I'm apprehensive about the simplicity of the process, between having to apply online, to trying to find a location to book (I assume you have a deadline to get an interview completed by), and getting a plane to that location and accommodation. I think it outstrips any of the benefits. I hoped that I might be able to coordinate with possibly a work trip to the mainland and get it done at the same time, but work trip are unpredictable right now, so I'll have to keep going through Pearson looking at an empty Nexus line, while standing with everyone else....ugh

We went to Punta Cana, DR Dec 6-16, flying out of Toronto and on our return my wife and I received an email from TTP/Nexus stating there was a message in our account.  We logged on and were informed our status for our Nexus renewal had been changed from interview pending to approved.  Our new cards arrived yesterday and today and both have been activated. 

34 minutes ago, leftyofnorth said:

We went to Punta Cana, DR Dec 6-16, flying out of Toronto and on our return my wife and I received an email from TTP/Nexus stating there was a message in our account.  We logged on and were informed our status for our Nexus renewal had been changed from interview pending to approved.  Our new cards arrived yesterday and today and both have been activated. 

received mine yesterday after waiting since July 2020