Nexus Trusted Traveler Renewal

iancal

5 hours ago, PatandStu said:

I was aware of the “no appointments in Canada”. So I looked for anything upper New York State, but the closest I could find was an 8 hour drive to Vermont. Not doing that. I’ll take the 2 year extension & wait and see.

Keep checking. We hear that appointments do pop up from time to time, and you aren’t far from the Niagara Falls centre. 

3 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Keep checking. We hear that appointments do pop up from time to time, and you aren’t far from the Niagara Falls centre. 

We’re outside of Ottawa. Niagara Falls is not close. 
When we first got Nexus, we were able to get our interviews at Ottawa airport. 
My renewal status shows “conditional”, whereas DH has received no word yet. 
We cruise in February & if we are indeed good for a 2 year extension, we’ll be ok. 

27 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

We’re outside of Ottawa. Niagara Falls is not close. 
When we first got Nexus, we were able to get our interviews at Ottawa airport. 

Sorry, I thought you were the poster from Mississauga. 

9 hours ago, PatandStu said:

I was aware of the “no appointments in Canada”. So I looked for anything upper New York State, but the closest I could find was an 8 hour drive to Vermont. Not doing that. I’ll take the 2 year extension & wait and see.

Montrealer here, and I went through the process a few months ago. For me, the only two reasonable options were Champlain NY and Vermont. When I first started looking, nothing was available in Champlain, and I really didn't want to make the 5 hour return trip to Vermont. So I kept watch over the bookings and started to notice that occasionally, an opening would pop up in Champlain, clearly a cancellation had happened. Sometimes the newly opened slot was no good (way too far in the future), but finally, an opening popped up just a few weeks away and I grabbed it. So be patient and keep looking, a cancellation opening may very well pop up for you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

are there any on the Buffalo border?

I am in the Toronto area and the only locations US based are Detroit and Niagara Falls, but when you go to the site and attempt to book, these sites do not have any appointments available.

I think we have to be content to wait...

Mine doesn’t expire till June 2023, plus as I understand it, once you’ve applied for renewal, it’s automatically extended for 2 years. 
So, I’m good for my February cruise out of NOLA. 

I’ll keep logging in every few days & see if anything pops up for Champlain. 

1 hour ago, PatandStu said:

Mine doesn’t expire till June 2023, plus as I understand it, once you’ve applied for renewal, it’s automatically extended for 2 years. 
So, I’m good for my February cruise out of NOLA. 

I’ll keep logging in every few days & see if anything pops up for Champlain. 

Sounds like you're good to go, have a great trip. If you really are wanting to renew ASAP, based on my experience booking, cancelling then re-booking NEXUS interviews, I would suggest checking in more frequently than every few days. You won't be the only one doing that, and I noticed new appointments disappeared quite fast. In the end, I had to resort to checking the TTP website at least once day before the perfect opening popped up.

I renewed my Nexus at the beginning of August (due to expire June 2023), and when I checked today, it has been renewed to June 2028. (I seem to have missed the email about the change in status when I was away.) It took only 4 months for the renewal; my sister has been waiting for over a year for hers. Now to see how fast the new card arrives; it says as little as 8-10 business days and as long as 6-8 WEEKS.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 11:17 AM, lesters said:

Thought I'd share my recent experience to this growing thread.

Nexus was set to expire Dec 2022.     I received my Program Expiry Email notification to renew on July 4th.   I completed the online application within a day or two of the email was given the 1 year automatic extension  and I received notification on August 30th that my renewal was approved, no interview required.  So just around 8 weeks processing.

My husband's Nexus is expiring Feb 2023 just received his email notification to renew this week.  He completed his form last night and so we shall see if its the same time frame or not.

I had zero changes from my previous application - same job history, living in the same place.   Hubby has a new job to report.  Not sure if any of that impacts speed or interview requirements.

Oh and yes we have the CIBC Adventura credit card which provides a refund on the application fees which is a nice bonus to that card.

We are finally cruising for the first time since the shut down in just over 2 weeks.  Can Not Wait!!! 

Hubby got his notification of renewal last week.  So a 6 week turn around from application to notification of renewal - no interview required.

It took about 3 weeks for my new card to arrive in the mail. So not as long as some have reported but longer than expected based on the info provided on the website.

The closest spot to us is Champlain, about a 3 hour drive. I logged in today and there are lots of appointments January to March. Given that I’m not in a rush, I’ll wait till the weather is better and aim for the spring/summer long weekend and make a mini vacay out of the interview. 
The only appointments listed were January to March-I’m assuming they don’t release them far in advance. 

8 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Hopefully my card will appear next week as I was approved on Oct 11th. Now I have to renew my husbands in Nov as his card expires next March.

You can apply now for him. Renewals are available up to one year in advance.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Hopefully my card will appear next week as I was approved on Oct 11th. Now I have to renew my husbands in Nov as his card expires next March.

Same for me... I was approved on Oct. 10th  and patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for my card. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Just received my Nexus renewal card in the mail. It took 2 weeks. That was quick. 

Got mine in the mail today too.  😊 It was quick considering the backlog that I've heard they have right now.  Happy travels!

• Like 1

DH got his card in the mail yesterday, less than 2 weeks after approval.  I heard on the news that Canada is trying to convince US officials to help with the backlog. Mine expires in June and, as I understand, is good for an additional 2 years upon conditional approval. So, I’ll wait till warmer weather before tackling the 3 hour drive to Champlain for an interview. 
the only thing that changed in my application was the expiry date on my drivers licence. I wonder if that was the issue or if it’s just random, as was previously suggested. 

56 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

the only thing that changed in my application was the expiry date on my drivers licence. I wonder if that was the issue or if it’s just random, as was previously suggested. 

The only thing that changed on mine and my DW was that we retired...can't get an interview booked anywhere 😒

On 2/1/2022 at 11:28 PM, son3cruisers said:

Any predictions on when they might open for interviews for new applicants? I understand it's just a guess, but we are new to this program. We unfortunately were late to the game and only applied last Nov. Waiting on interviews to open up.  I knew when we applied the wait for an interview could take many months but now two years behind??? Yikes. 

If you are near a border check the US side for openings in appointments. Many are not taking appointments. If you are near Detroit, MI there are a few openings on Nov 3/22

On 10/16/2022 at 9:46 AM, CDNPolar said:

I am in the Toronto area and the only locations US based are Detroit and Niagara Falls, but when you go to the site and attempt to book, these sites do not have any appointments available.

I think we have to be content to wait...

Detroit, MI was showing some appointments tonight for Nov. 3 & 7th

10 hours ago, juraspark said:

Detroit, MI was showing some appointments tonight for Nov. 3 & 7th

Wow... thank you for that update.  Problem for me is that Detroit is a 4 hour drive plus crossing the border both ways.  It may have to be an overnight trip!  

Not important enough for me at this point.  Canada and the USA need to get the issues sorted with the Canadian sites.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Wow... thank you for that update.  Problem for me is that Detroit is a 4 hour drive plus crossing the border both ways.  It may have to be an overnight trip!  

Not important enough for me at this point.  Canada and the USA need to get the issues sorted with the Canadian sites.

My sister went there as she's the only one in her family that needed an interview and her 2 yr grace period was up. She had no issues crossing into the US but Canada gave her grief coming back as she's awaiting her passport as well. We turned it into a road trip and stopped in Windsor at a pizza place we love. Niagara Falls doesn't have any great pizza places!

Good luck with getting an interview relatively soon!

3 hours ago, Mickey101 said:

I just got an appointment in Landsdowne, Ontario 10 November for an interview!  This is for my initial application that was conditionally approved six months ago! 

That's fortunate as the Nexus cite is still showing all Canadian locations as closed. Perhaps they all are going to be opening soon!