Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

4 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

Good question as this is what the Princess website states. Does a photocopy meet the digital record requirement? 

Guests can submit digital or paper records, or QR codes, showing the vaccine type, the date of each vaccine dose administered, the individual’s name and date of birth or other identifier.

Considering what is at stake I would definitely want paper records. Perhaps he can go to his county health dept. and get a copy of his vaccinations. 😉

Yes, I would too. It said original vaccine card in the beginning of the restart.

If digital or paper, I’d make sure

it’s from the official source.  They really checked our vax cards out at the port, looking for dates and checking names etc

I made a copy of our cards just to carry off the ship for places that require it, and leave the original in the safe. 

On 7/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, swdke said:

To update, I understand the PCR test is valid 72 hours prior as opposed to 3 days.  We board on a Saturday in Quebec City, but the ship doesn't sail till next day, Sunday afternoon.  So when exactly would we need to get the PCR test and still be valid? Thanks.

Princess Covid protocol says "When to Take Test Before Boarding" and "PCR within 72 hours" for voyages departing from Canada.

• Like 1

I ordered four of the Binax Home Test kits. I know that before we take the test we scan the QR code on the front of each box that we will be using.  My question is how do they identify each of us? Do we fill out a form or does the person who is monitoring the test identify us by passport or drivers license or what ? thanks

21 minutes ago, jc foster said:

I ordered four of the Binax Home Test kits. I know that before we take the test we scan the QR code on the front of each box that we will be using.  My question is how do they identify each of us? Do we fill out a form or does the person who is monitoring the test identify us by passport or drivers license or what ? thanks

You will need to show your driver's license or passport.

• Like 1

Hopefully, someone who did a b2b2b can kindly answer my question regarding the required COVID testing.

I am considering booking 3 cruises b2b2b on the Discovery (10/29-11/5, 11/5-11/10, and 11/10-11/14).  For the 10/29 cruise, I can get the COVID testing done before embarking on the ship at the L.A. port. But for the cruise starting on 11/5, will Princess offer free testing for me while I am still on the ship during the 10/29 cruise? Or I must get off the ship on 11/5 and find a testing site to do the test before getting back on the ship for the 11/5 cruise?  The same situation at the end of the 11/5 cruise to continue for the 11/10 cruise.   Thank you.

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:
Hopefully, someone who did a b2b2b can kindly answer my question regarding the required COVID testing.

I am considering booking 3 cruises b2b2b on the Discovery (10/29-11/5, 11/5-11/10, and 11/10-11/14).  For the 10/29 cruise, I can get the COVID testing done before embarking on the ship at the L.A. port. But for the cruise starting on 11/5, will Princess offer free testing for me while I am still on the ship during the 10/29 cruise? Or I must get off the ship on 11/5 and find a testing site to do the test before getting back on the ship for the 11/5 cruise?  The same situation at the end of the 11/5 cruise to continue for the 11/10 cruise.   Thank you.

Well I think many are hoping that they drop the testing for B2B2B cruisers. 🤞 However as it is right now you will be tested onboard by Princess 1 - 2 days before the end of the cruise. 

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

You should always check princess website because this changes frequently.

Last update was July 14th.  According to their rules you will NOT be tested unless you are on a b2b that is Trans Oceanic or Panama Canal  and itinerary is 10+ days.

Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back to back?

Yes, we will offer back-to-back bookings, subject to availability. Guests ages 5 and above on such sailings will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the second cruise if the that sailing includes a trans-ocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will not be able to sail on the next voyage, nor will their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

We will closely monitor guidance from government and health authorities and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

Well I think many are hoping that they drop the testing for B2B2B cruisers. 🤞 However as it is right now you will be tested onboard by Princess 1 - 2 days before the end of the cruise. 

Rules have changed. See my previous post.

3 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

👍 I truly hope this is true. 🤞

It has been the case on all the live threads that I have read.  However, it can change quickly if the Government requires testing.  So, you may not know that until you are onboard. Some European ports have had testing requirements, but this OP was not

going to Europe. 

Just be prepared for the unexpected!

24 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It has been the case on all the live threads that I have read.  However, it can change quickly if the Government requires testing.  So, you may not know that until you are onboard. Some European ports have had testing requirements, but this OP was not

going to Europe. 

Just be prepared for the unexpected!

Thanks for that info. 👍 You are so correct that things change so we will be prepared. Any chance you cam mention which live feeds you have been following?  I would not mind keeping an eye on them myself if possible. 

17 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

Thanks for that info. 👍 You are so correct that things change so we will be prepared. Any chance you cam mention which live feeds you have been following?  I would not mind keeping an eye on them myself if possible. 

I’ve been watching roll calls for the Regal, The Enchanted and the Sky in Europe as we will be on those ships and interested in their itineraries.  July roll calls.

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’ve been watching roll calls for the Regal, The Enchanted and the Sky in Europe as we will be on those ships and interested in their itineraries.  July roll calls.

I would watch the ship and the itinerary you may be doing, to get a better idea how they are handling covid and b2b’s etc.

example:

Live from the Regal - July 2-23 - Med Cruise - R/T Barcelona

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you very much for the info. 👏

Opinion please and thank you.  Had Covid last week.  Feeling better but still positive today as expected.  Did not go to doctor when started and did at home test last week which showed positive then.  If I still test positive in three weeks, and I am sure hoping I won't, do I have any recourse since did not go to doctor for test so I imagine he will not write letter showing I did have it? This just gets complicated, huh?  Thanks for your thoughts.  Hoping all will be okay but just weighing options.

1 hour ago, Seacreature101 said:

Opinion please and thank you.  Had Covid last week.  Feeling better but still positive today as expected.  Did not go to doctor when started and did at home test last week which showed positive then.  If I still test positive in three weeks, and I am sure hoping I won't, do I have any recourse since did not go to doctor for test so I imagine he will not write letter showing I did have it? This just gets complicated, huh?  Thanks for your thoughts.  Hoping all will be okay but just weighing options.

Not particularly complicated.  Since you have no formal documentation that you tested positive for Covid it's pretty unlikely you'll ever get a Certificate of Recovery.  So, you're only practical option is to wait and see if you will test negative near cruise time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seacreature101 said:

I think I'd go somewhere like CVS to get an official test while still testing positive, and hope the CVS test says positive.  I believe they can then issue the letter of recovery later.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I think I'd go somewhere like CVS to get an official test while still testing positive, and hope the CVS test says positive.  I believe they can then issue the letter of recovery later.

This makes no sense! Wait a few days, do at home test again, get your negative and live your life! You don’t have to tattletale on yourself. You just have to test negative before boarding! This is just another example for how stupid all this testing is!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Userclown said:

This makes no sense! Wait a few days, do at home test again, get your negative and live your life! You don’t have to tattletale on yourself. You just have to test negative before boarding! This is just another example for how stupid all this testing is!

Why does it make no sense?  What if this person continues to test positive as had been known to happen with people who have recovered?  That official documentation would remove the need for a test before embarkation.

What if I had COVID-19 before my vacation and recently recovered? Will I be able to sail?

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within three months from the date of their cruise departure or cruisetour departure (whichever starts first) do not need to take a viral test before embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, have no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19.

• Like 1

I discussed my symptoms with my Dr. after a home test and he gave me letter confirming recovery. Speak to your Dr. Kaiser test system would not allow me to schedule a test after I said, I was positive.

5 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I was just going to suggest that.

3 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Why does it make no sense?  What if this person continues to test positive as had been known to happen with people who have recovered?  That official documentation would remove the need for a test before embarkation.

What if I had COVID-19 before my vacation and recently recovered? Will I be able to sail?

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within three months from the date of their cruise departure or cruisetour departure (whichever starts first) do not need to take a viral test before embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, have no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19.

With further screening too. 

9ED143A9-2F42-4B4F-964C-E6AB724BD690.png

4 hours ago, Userclown said:

My daughter tested positive on a home test 14 before sailing.  I encouraged her to go get an official test at CVS which she did.  So now she had proof of when she was sick. 6 days before sailing she tested negative.  Then 3 days before the cruise she tested positive again at Walgreens.  So instead of telling them she just tested positive she just showed the proof of the positive test 14 days prior.
You can test positive for many weeks after your first positive test even after you recovered.
At check in they just wanted to see the first positive test she had 14 days prior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1