MGM: MLife/MGM Rewards Downgrade for Royal Caribbean

gkbiiii

On 2/11/2022 at 7:13 PM, vagolferbob said:

Anyone get a response and/or gold restored?

Got this reply today from an email requesting Tier match to MGM Gold I sent on Feb 3:

Thank you for contacting MGM Rewards Member Services. We have forwarded your request to the Partnership Department and you should see the Tier Match reflecting on your account within the next two weeks. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alana

MGM Rewards Member Services

(866)761-7111 (9am to 5pm PST)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Islandtime17 said:

I was at the Borgota today and received my gold card as being diamond, the mgm points are what the express comps were and are still what you use for the amphora. 

Were you able to get the $100 food credit?  Will be going to the Borgata this Tuesday for 2 nights (comped).  Hopefully the resort fees will be waived.  We will be going to the Rewards Desk first to get our Gold cards before we check in.

7 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

Were you able to get the $100 food credit?  Will be going to the Borgata this Tuesday for 2 nights (comped).  Hopefully the resort fees will be waived.  We will be going to the Rewards Desk first to get our Gold cards before we check in.

Unlike the Caesars program I believe the $100 food credit is based on $'s gambled, so unless you gamble enough to earn the Gold status without the tier match no $100 food credit.

On 2/13/2022 at 5:53 AM, 4everAfamily said:

No, not yet.

Got a response a few days ago, got my gold restored. I have a linked account with my husband, he shares the same RCI status as I do, his status did not bump to Gold, so I had him do a separate request and he is still waiting. Took about 2 weeks to get an email back confirming my gold has been restored.  I am going to Vegas end of March so I'll report back on waived resort fees. 

I can confirm that I got all resort fees waived at Borgata two days ago for a booking I made in December, so I think the resort fees are waived for stays from 2/1 onward.  I don't think it matters when you booked it, just when you stay.  I am Platinum, if that matters.

• Like 2

Just got back from the Borgata for a 2 night comp stay,  Resort fees were waived but not the taxes which were about $5 a night.  They took of the taxes from my rewards points (originally called express comps). We did get our Gold cards at the Rewards Desk before we checked into the hotel.  

Another note, rewards points and slot play do NOT expired.   This was confirmed at the Rewards Desk and at hotel check-in.

It was really nice to have the buffet at the amphora  lounge.  Great food and all the alcohol drinks you could want.  We went twice!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, neilp said:

hi. I was told the fee waiver would only apply for bookings made after the changes I.e 2/1/22.

Can anyone confirm this please?

We just stayed at the Borgota yesterday, reservation was made two months ago, only paid taxes, only resort fees are waived, so it was $5.20 instead of the $26

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vagolferbob said:

Resubmitted yesterday got response today. 

How long till you received a response?

Asked and answered 😄

A couple of weeks.

I just checked, 11 days to be exact. 😄

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 9:47 AM, aubreyc1988 said:

you can only match Mlife Gold to CET Diamond once

Still haven't gotten an email back from mlife member services email. Dunno how long I should wait before I just call 

Though that is not really a problem because you can match CET Diamond with Wyndham and get a perpetual status machine going as CET and Wyndham have different calendars.  You can actually pull the same arrangement with Hyatt so your RCI status can also give you perpetual Hyatt Status by matching your MGM Rewards Status.  

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2022 at 7:33 PM, mowogo said:

Though that is not really a problem because you can match CET Diamond with Wyndham and get a perpetual status machine going as CET and Wyndham have different calendars.  You can actually pull the same arrangement with Hyatt so your RCI status can also give you perpetual Hyatt Status by matching your MGM Rewards Status.  

Unfortunately CET ended perpetual matching with Wyndham this year… I was unable to match Wyndham Diamond to CET this month and got this as a reply from CET:

We appreciate your interest in promotions. Unfortunately, your status with Wyndham Rewards did not qualify for a Tier Match with Caesars Entertainment. To qualify members needed to earn their status through hotel stays or the Wyndham (Barclay) Business Credit Card. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything further.”

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, okiedrifters said:

Yes, I did it today. She said remember to do it every year….

That is a PAIN.  Since RCI status is lifetime, I wonder why you have to status match again every year?????