"Group Live" Caribbean Princess 1/9/22 - 1/16/22

CineGraphic

With everything that's going on, such as shortages of tests, flights being cancelled and the like, I thought yet another "live" would be appropriate, and I welcome everyone else on this sailing to join us and post your thoughts and experiences.

Tomorrow night Pam & I are heading to the local "urgent care" for our tests.

We didn't even bother trying to make appointments with CVS since they screwed-up last time.

It's only a short hop for us from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale, and the cancellations for this route have been minimal according to FlightAware, so we're flying in the day of the cruise. I know many of you don't approve, but living dangerously these days seems to be the norm.

Will everything will go as planned? Of course not.

Will I yell at or berate anyone? Of course not.

Vacations are meant to be enjoyed. (I can be miserable at home)

I just want to enjoy the sun, fresh air, and sample all of the various rums on board. (three cheers for the drink package!)

There are 19 of us signed up for a group slot pull.

We'll see how much noise we can make with masks on.

(I hope I can wipe down the max-bet button between players without triggering it!)

The itinerary includes Princess Cays, St. Thomas and St. Kitts.

Having been to all three ports many times, we may just stay on the ship.

651848371_ScreenShot2022-01-06at8_31_15PM.thumb.png.bfe7540adf86ca5dc5771fd77070912e.png

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 4

• CineGraphic changed the title to "Group Live" Caribbean Princess 1/9/22 - 1/16/22
8 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

With everything that's going on, such as shortages of tests, flights being cancelled and the like, I thought yet another "live" would be appropriate, and I welcome everyone else on this sailing to join us and post your thoughts and experiences.

We didn't even bother trying to make appointments with CVS since they screwed-up last time.

It's only a short hop for us from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale, and the cancellations for this route have been minimal according to FlightAware, so we're flying in the day of the cruise. I know many of you don't approve, but living dangerously these days seems to be the norm.

I just want to enjoy the sun, fresh air, and sample all of the various rums on board. (three cheers for the drink package!)

(I hope I can wipe down the max-bet button between players without triggering it!)

651848371_ScreenShot2022-01-06at8_31_15PM.thumb.png.bfe7540adf86ca5dc5771fd77070912e.png

The Bahamas lifted the PCR test requirement!  For now anyway! Yeah!!

From the US Embassy in the Bahamas:

Event:   Updated Entry and Travel Protocols – On January 4, the Bahamian government announced changes to its mandatory entry requirements.

Due to the nature of the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, entry, travel and health requirements for The Bahamas are subject to modification at any time. 

The Bahamas has suspended the mandatory RT-PCR testing requirement for vaccinated travelers, which was expected to take effect on January 7, 2022. Vaccinated travelers, as well as children ages 2-11, may continue to present either a negative Rapid Antigen Test or negative RT-PCR Test.  

• Like 3

Tomorrow morning Tony Stark & I will bundle up to brave the line at our testing site. They don’t take reservations and your wait is mostly outside. Lucky me! It will be -2 at 8am.  This should tell everyone why I am hoping all the cosmic tumblers align so that I may board the CB and sail south into the warmth. I may thaw out by the time we reach St. Thomas.

Our tests are guaranteed by midnight but this location has been fast for even the basic, not guaranteed tests. Assuming that tumbler number one slips quietly into place with 2 negative results we will head to Chicago to catch our plane on Saturday.

Flying out of O’Hare in January would be tumbler number 2. Come on Southwest. We are counting on you.

The last tricky little tumbler is getting out of the dreaded “yellow lane” when we arrive at the port. We are in the first boarding group so they can take as much time as they want, just don’t send me home…it is going to be even colder next week!

CB was our first Princess Cruise many moons ago. Looking forward to returning. This will be my first B2B experience. Can’t wait.

Edited by hsmom
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I know you are trying to be covid safe.  Just spray the button and have the next player "wipe it down".  If they trigger the spin....oh well.  Be sure your spray bottle is 70% alcohol (undiluted).

• Thanks 1

We are also on Southwest Saturday. Boise to Las Vegas- to Texas- to FLL. So many variables! I ordered the home tests from Princess… so we will take those tomorrow. Then a 6 am flight. I did check to make sure there are other flights out that day just in case. I’ll have to look up FlightAware…hadn’t heard of that. If all goes as planned, we will board at 11:30. It’s snowy and cold here in Idaho… I am SO ready for this!! Is it possible to extend your cruise into a b2b after you are on board? 🙏🏼🤞🏼

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I know you are trying to be covid safe.  Just spray the button and have the next player "wipe it down".  If they trigger the spin....oh well.  Be sure your spray bottle is 70% alcohol (undiluted).

Covid doesn't really transmit much via surfaces from what I read a long time back - pretty low chance.  If there is such a concern, perhaps @CineGraphic, or another group member could bring those flimsy plastic gloves they offer in some stores for self-picking items.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

With all the flight issues, I was telling my wife on our drive down to SW FL for the Winter season that I would be driving to the Port if I was cruising now.  Hope things go smoothly for you.  An advantage is you have a major airport to work with with tons of flights.

FlightAware is a great app.  Most of the airlines have decent apps that show you the status of your specific flight, but with FA you can look backwards and see where your aircraft is and if that flight is on time.  Plus you can see how your each flight on your route has gone for the past week...how often it was delayed and where each of those aircraft were coming from.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

With all the flight issues, I was telling my wife on our drive down to SW FL for the Winter season that I would be driving to the Port if I was cruising now.  Hope things go smoothly for you.  An advantage is you have a major airport to work with with tons of flights.

Driving to the port is the best way if you're already staying in Florida. 

No worries about airline travel limitations, luggage or delays.

• Like 1

Following along. We are due to sail on her Feb 20th. Praying we aren’t cancelled. Have a great cruise. BTW, we are in Room 501 on Riviera deck if anyone is staying in that unit would love to hear how they liked it or not. Thanks 

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Driving to the port is the best way if you're already staying in Florida. 

No worries about airline travel limitations, luggage or delays.

I would have driven from Ontario is what I meant.  Too many cancelled flights and all the airport hassles  Sure, it takes a while but we don't mind driving and so much less hassle in today's environment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I would have driven from Ontario is what I meant.  Too many cancelled flights and all the airport hassles  Sure, it takes a while but we don't mind driving and so much less hassle in today's environment.

Oh.

That's only if I had to & they were cancelling my flight. 

No one wants to chance it with todays cancellations. 

4 minutes ago, glfgrljules said:

Well crap. My son tested positive. I’m trying to maybe rebook for next month. Should I do Sky Princess, or CP?

If you prefer a newer ship with an expanded buffet, largo Piazza then it's the Sky.

1 hour ago, glfgrljules said:

Well crap. My son tested positive. I’m trying to maybe rebook for next month. Should I do Sky Princess, or CP?

Shoot......sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next time!

Stay safe!

• Like 2

Hubby just tested negative.  The positives from the funeral we went to on Tuesday are starting to roll in.  Hubby and I were the only ones masked. Now a few last minute errands before our flight tomorrow at noon. Good forecast all the way. 

• Like 5

Whelp that was stressful.  😳  I did my test, no problems, tested negative.  My adult son went to do his test, and the test card was missing from his kit. 🤦🏻‍♀️  Fortunately for us, I brought one extra kit.  Whew!   He was able to do his test, and was also negative.  Yay!  Flying tomorrow, Florida here we come! 

• Like 5