Complimentary dinner for 5 star mariners, per cabin or per member?

rim140

Hello all... please remind us? Mariner benefit chart is not very clear which states two complimentary dinners in your choice of Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, or Canaletto. Is it per cabin or per member? My husband and I both are 5 stars.

9 minutes ago, rim140 said:

Hello all... please remind us? Mariner benefit chart is not very clear which states two complimentary dinners in your choice of Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, or Canaletto. Is it per cabin or per member? My husband and I both are 5 stars.

To the best of my knowledge, the complimentary dinners have only been in the Pinnacle Grill

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/marketing-assets/mariner-society/documents/Holland-America-cruises-Mariner-Reward-Chart.pdf

Where are you seeing Tamarind and Canaletto please?

The 2 complimentary dinners are per person.  So you and your husband can go twice.  Does not apply to any surcharge items of course 😉 

17 minutes ago, kazu said:

To the best of my knowledge, the complimentary dinners have only been in the Pinnacle Grill

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/marketing-assets/mariner-society/documents/Holland-America-cruises-Mariner-Reward-Chart.pdf

Where are you seeing Tamarind and Canaletto please?

According to the 9/30/2021 chart there is a choice of the 3 restaurants. URL and downloaded file

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html

mariner-society-grid-09302021.pdf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

According to the 9/30/2021 chart there is a choice of the 3 restaurants. URL and downloaded file

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html

mariner-society-grid-09302021.pdf 498.66 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks - I didn’t see that one.

make sense since the other two are less $$

Thanks everyone for feedback. We had Pinnacle dinner last night, had Canaletto tonight and asked staff to charge us for the dinner since we're going to Tamarind tomorrow for complimentary dinner 😀.

• Like 1

So.........here is a puzzle:  if we go to Tamarind the first night, Canaletto the next and then the Pinnacle:  which 2 will be the complimentary ones?  The first two? the two most expensive? The two least expensive?

As noted by the above post #11, do you specify (and HAL does it your way) or does HAL decide?

Edited by SilvertoGold

10 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

So.........here is a puzzle:  if we go to Tamarind the first night, Canaletto the next and then the Pinnacle:  which 2 will be the complimentary ones?  The first two? the two most expensive? The two least expensive?

As noted by the above post #11, do you specify (and HAL does it your way) or does HAL decide?

I think you should be telling them which ones are the freebies.  I have zero faith that they will do it on their own.  I know someone will quickly post that they didn’t have to do it.  On the ships I’ve sailed on it was necessary.

11 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

I think unless you discuss it with the manager of each, they would default to the first two.  Not because of cost, just because they will use free ones first before they charge.

12 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

After my experience last month, I would do the most expensive ones first, trust me (long story).

On 1/8/2022 at 3:59 PM, SilvertoGold said:

Thanks, Dave and all.   I thought it might be best to just do the two we want free first.  Sounds easier than arguing it out or asking the Front Desk or Managers.

Trust me - it is much easier.