Carnival Celebration - New Venues?

cmichael1221

8 hours ago, cmichael1221 said:

Anyone hearing any facts/rumors about the new venues on Carnival Celebration?  Just booked her for December and see several "FUN Revealed Soon" icons on the deck plans.

It's ten degrees here this morning and my crystal ball is frozen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching and can't find any leaks or hints anywhere. No new trademarks, web pages, or anything like that.

When the Jubilee was announced, they said specifically they'd be retheming several "zones." Based on the Celebration deck plans, that looks like the French Quarter and La Piazza will be rethemed with new restaurants. The French Quarter is the most surprising to me because most people see to save about the Fortune Teller Bar and Brass Magnolia. I figured they'd be new staples in the whole line, but I guess not. 

Don't know when we'll get to find out. On Mardi Gras, they didn't announce ChiBang until about a month before sailing. 

7 minutes ago, ray985 said:

I've been searching and can't find any leaks or hints anywhere. No new trademarks, web pages, or anything like that.

When the Jubilee was announced, they said specifically they'd be retheming several "zones." Based on the Celebration deck plans, that looks like the French Quarter and La Piazza will be rethemed with new restaurants. The French Quarter is the most surprising to me because most people see to save about the Fortune Teller Bar and Brass Magnolia. I figured they'd be new staples in the whole line, but I guess not. 

Don't know when we'll get to find out. On Mardi Gras, they didn't announce ChiBang until about a month before sailing. 

I’m kind of wondering if each ship will have its own flavor. Like Mardi Gras has a French quarter but maybe Celebration will have a different theme and therefore different bars. It would keep everything interesting and help make the ship itself a destination different than any other ship. I for one would love that. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ray985 said:

I did a trademark search too and didn't find anything!  I was hoping by now some things would start leaking out, to give folks something to look forward to.  I loved Fortune Teller and Brass Magnolia, but maybe they're ready to outdo those venues!!

9 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

I’m kind of wondering if each ship will have its own flavor. Like Mardi Gras has a French quarter but maybe Celebration will have a different theme and therefore different bars. It would keep everything interesting and help make the ship itself a destination different than any other ship. I for one would love that. 

That's exactly what we were thinking, while flying home from Mardi Gras and trying to think of possible options for the zones..  Definitely like the idea of each ship being different though.  I used to love Alchemy Bar and once we set foot on Mardi Gras, I think we only had one drink at Alchemy!

I'm on Mardi Gras next weekend, will see if anyone will give up any hints...

On 1/24/2022 at 11:39 AM, bar10der421 said:

We had to cancel Mardi Gras two days before sailing after I had done lots of research!  We are now booked on Celebration for January, 2023.  I am so hoping that they keep Emmeril's and Rudi's!!!

I would expect them to keep Rudi's SeaGrill, saw a post saying it was fully booked this week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mondello said:

I would expect them to keep Rudi's SeaGrill, saw a post saying it was fully booked this week.

Rudi's is showing on the Celebration's deckplan, so hopefully that stays!!  We ate there back in October and it was fantastic, just got off Mardi Gras yesterday, but didn't get a chance to to eat there.

Emeril's is NOT on the Celebration deckplan though - it's part of the French Quarter area that's supposed to be something all new...

I couldn't get any crew members to give me any hints last week either! 😞

• Thanks 1

OT but there hasn't been much discussion about the extra 92 passenger capacity on the Celebration & Jubilee vs the Mardi Gras. Looks like on Decks 9-15 there's additional cabins in the Aft sections and on some decks around the Aft elevator bank. While 92 additional passengers doesn't seem alot more there isn't additional public spaces (that I'm aware of) to accommodate the extra passengers.

• 4 weeks later...

JH just posted some more info about the “neighborhoods” on Celebration, mentioning 4 out of the 6. Summers Landing, Lido, Ultimate Playground and Celebration Central were announced and those were expected. The two that haven’t been mentioned are The Gateway, replacing the French Quarter and 820 Biscayne, replacing La Piazza according to the deck plans. Most of the venues in those areas haven’t been revealed yet, but I guess we can expect these venues to be themed to the areas they’re in.

It’ll be interesting to see if the deviate from the pizza branding that they have on all the other ships since it’ll be in a new themed area. It’ll also be interesting to see what they do about Fortune Teller Bar considering how popular it’s become. 

Edited by mattcj89

On 1/30/2022 at 1:44 PM, mondello said:

I've heard Rudi's was great but hearing it was fully booked doesn't bode well for when the ship hits max capacity.

People on other lines are used to having to book their dining etc before they even get on the ship. Maybe that is the future for Carnival as well.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mattcj89 said:

JH just posted some more info about the “neighborhoods” on Celebration, mentioning 4 out of the 6. Summers Landing, Lido, Ultimate Playground and Celebration Central were announced and those were expected. The two that haven’t been mentioned are The Gateway, replacing the French Quarter and 820 Biscayne, replacing La Piazza according to the deck plans. Most of the venues in those areas haven’t been revealed yet, but I guess we can expect these venues to be themed to the areas they’re in.

It’ll be interesting to see if the deviate from the pizza branding that they have on all the other ships since it’ll be in a new themed area. It’ll also be interesting to see what they do about Fortune Teller Bar considering how popular it’s become. 

So are we getting a Miami themed ship?

4 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

👍  what stirs your interest, Jimbo?

I need to see a little more meat of what is there.  Glad the  Celebration Central  and BOLT made the cut, but had heard those before.  I know there are two new eateries coming.  I do like the homage paid to past and present.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I need to see a little more meat of what is there.  Glad the  Celebration Central  and BOLT made the cut, but had heard those before.  I know there are two new eateries coming.  I do like the homage paid to past and present.

I think there should be a large mural of all the Diamond members placed on a huge wall somewhere.

🤣

Edited by BasicSailor

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

People on other lines are used to having to book their dining etc before they even get on the ship. Maybe that is the future for Carnival as well.

I think this is true. I booked Rudi’s and Bonsai Teppanyaki already for my upcoming, very full trip on the Mardi Gras when I saw most of the good reservation times were already gone.