Carnival Celebration - New Venues?

cmichael1221

14 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Sure does! Just waiting for the fall 2024 cruises to be released so we can make our decision. When are you going to sail out of New York? You can go watch your beloved Mets play at Citifield, then jump on the Magic for the best sail away in the United States. We will be on the Magic for a B2B in September 2023. I know you are on the Magic earlier in the year, but you could easily transfer the booking, just sayin! :classic_biggrin:

Yeah that trip has been on my radar for a few years. I wish they’d start that New England route in August instead of September. I never know how that NFL season is going to look until April-May.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah that trip has been on my radar for a few years. I wish they’d start that New England route in August instead of September. I never know how that NFL season is going to look until April-May.

Prices usually drop dramatically the very end of August into September. 😎

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Prices usually drop dramatically the very end of August into September. 😎

Definitely. I usually cruise the last week or so of August and maybe just a little bit into September but for some reason those always seem to be Bermuda or Caribbean cruises out of NY. I want that New England and Canada one. Those usually don't start until September for some reason. This year the first one is September 10th. I also want Boston to be back on that route. I don't know what happened there.

20 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

As long as Carnival sells cruises, there is no need for them to shake anything up. 

True, but has there ever been a time in the 50 year history of the company when a ship has ever done 7 day cruises every week of the year to the same 3 ports?  This is what will happen with the Jubilee going to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Mahogany Bay.  Some sailings reverse the order, but it's still repetitive for 52 weeks.

I know that the new ship sailings will carry the sales for awhile, but things do have to eventually change with the itineraries and the length of cruise. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

True, but has there ever been a time in the 50 year history of the company when a ship has ever done 7 day cruises every week of the year to the same 3 ports?  This is what will happen with the Jubilee going to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Mahogany Bay.  Some sailings reverse the order, but it's still repetitive for 52 weeks.

I know that the new ship sailings will carry the sales for awhile, but things do have to eventually change with the itineraries and the length of cruise. 

That's what happens with big boats. Can't tender. If/when Carnival finishes their port in Belize, that will be another option.

16 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

I hope the new port in Belize is as nice as Harvest Caye (NCL private port). For as much as I hate Belize City, Harvest Caye is my new favorite Western Caribbean port. I booked the NCL Bliss next year just to get back to that port. 

I consider Harvest Caye as an upgraded version of Grand Turk.

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That is literally what Panorama is doing for like the next 72 weeks.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jasong38501 said:

That is literally what Panorama is doing for like the next 72 weeks.

I think I've seen some 8-day sailings for Panorama that include La Paz, and some 6-day sailings that call on Ensenada once and Cabo twice.

But for most of the next 26 months, you can visit any 3 ports you like on Panorama, as long as they're Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta.

23 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Definitely. I usually cruise the last week or so of August and maybe just a little bit into September but for some reason those always seem to be Bermuda or Caribbean cruises out of NY. I want that New England and Canada one. Those usually don't start until September for some reason. This year the first one is September 10th. I also want Boston to be back on that route. I don't know what happened there.

Once they reestablish cruising from NYC, there will be northbound

5 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

You're not that far off. It has a huge pool, two story restaurant, and plenty of white sand beach. Three things Belize City is lacking. 

I was there three years ago on the Bliss.    Great ship with a three story observation lounge at the front of the ship and the Cavern Club with the Beatles tribute band playing multiple nights.

On 3/25/2022 at 9:58 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Yes, 7 night cruises out of Long Beach go to Cabo, Mazatlan, & Puerto Vallarta. Every week, same ports, for years and years now. Not a lot of options out of Long Beach, unfortunately. Also their 3-4 days cruises are locked into ports for Radiance. Still travel quite often, which you can see by my signature, however we cruise to be on a ship, not for the ports.

3 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Yes, 7 night cruises out of Long Beach go to Cabo, Mazatlan, & Puerto Vallarta. Every week, same ports, for years and years now. Not a lot of options out of Long Beach, unfortunately. Also their 3-4 days cruises are locked into ports for Radiance. Still travel quite often, which you can see by my signature, however we cruise to be on a ship, not for the ports.

It has been previously reported that on occasion there are 6/8 options, which is not an option so far for the initial Jubilee sailings.  I too sail for the ship, after having 30+ sailings in the Caribbean.