Penthouse Suites on Majestic Princess

Notalotofinfo

Just now, jwattle said:

I'll let ya know when we get back in March 😁

We’re in one on the Love Boat sailing. First time in a suite on the Majestic. 
We completed the booking very early when plenty of S3 category were available. 

when I researched it at the time of booking, the only difference from one S3 to another seemed to be the size and shape of the balconies. 

• Like 1

We were on the first cruise out of Seattle to Alaska on the Majestic - we were in Penthouse suite A735. This was different from the other penthouse suites we have been in.  It was made for the Asian market. The sitting area seems smaller but is big enough. The biggest thing is there are two sliding glass doors. One on the side off the bedroom and one off the sitting area. The deck wraps around and is really nice. It is fairly narrow compared to say the aft Penthouses on the Ruby. There are 3 decks that have slightly larger decks - One is the 14th and now I have forgotten the other two. Maybe someone can chime in here that has that info.

I think the Majestic is using Dolphin aft for quarantine - someone please correct me if I am wrong as that info needs to be correct. Anyway would not book Dolphin aft right now if I could help it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlueFish2000 said:

We were on the first cruise out of Seattle to Alaska on the Majestic - we were in Penthouse suite A735. This was different from the other penthouse suites we have been in.  It was made for the Asian market. The sitting area seems smaller but is big enough. The biggest thing is there are two sliding glass doors. One on the side off the bedroom and one off the sitting area. The deck wraps around and is really nice. It is fairly narrow compared to say the aft Penthouses on the Ruby. There are 3 decks that have slightly larger decks - One is the 14th and now I have forgotten the other two. Maybe someone can chime in here that has that info.

I think the Majestic is using Dolphin aft for quarantine - someone please correct me if I am wrong as that info needs to be correct. Anyway would not book Dolphin aft right now if I could help it. 

We sailed in R730 which is an aft penthouse suite with the wraparound balcony. It does have a larger balcony than some of the aft suites on other decks. It was definitely wider than other decks. We loved it and would sail in it again. It was also nice as it was down the hall from the concierge lounge.

• Thanks 1

We just sailed in an aft Penthouse on the Enchanted (B735). As mentioned above, there are two categories of Penthouse Suites on the Royal Class ships. S3 are the aft suites and S4 are the port and starboard suites on Riviera Deck. The aft suites are much larger, both the interior and the balconies. The only partially covered balconies (out to around 7') are on Baja and Dolphin decks, which are also the deepest and largest balconies. We found that there was plenty of room on the side (by the bedroom sliding glass door) to put one of the chairs on the side. The forward Premium Suites (S5) have more interior space than the Riviera suites and they both have the same narrow balconies (maybe 15' x 4'). The advantage of the Riviera Suites is their proximity to the Concierge Lounge and that they are a little more toward the center of the ship. I took a profile picture of the Regal Princess aft a couple of weeks back while we were side-by-side in St. Kitts. I'm also attaching an image showing the back of the Majestic Princess.

IMG_2004.JPG

Screenshot_20180616-000915.png.6dad72afdc9eea97e133f03a98ccef22.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

We sailed in R730 which is an aft penthouse suite with the wraparound balcony. It does have a larger balcony than some of the aft suites on other decks. It was definitely wider than other decks. We loved it and would sail in it again. It was also nice as it was down the hall from the concierge lounge.

That's wonderful news as we are in R730 on the March 5 Majestic! Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upper Bob said:

We just sailed in an aft Penthouse on the Enchanted (B735). As mentioned above, there are two categories of Penthouse Suites on the Royal Class ships. S3 are the aft suites and S4 are the port and starboard suites on Riviera Deck. The aft suites are much larger, both the interior and the balconies. The only partially covered balconies (out to around 7') are on Baja and Dolphin decks, which are also the deepest and largest balconies. We found that there was plenty of room on the side (by the bedroom sliding glass door) to put one of the chairs on the side. The forward Premium Suites (S5) have more interior space than the Riviera suites and they both have the same narrow balconies (maybe 15' x 4'). The advantage of the Riviera Suites is their proximity to the Concierge Lounge and that they are a little more toward the center of the ship. I took a profile picture of the Regal Princess aft a couple of weeks back while we were side-by-side in St. Kitts. I'm also attaching an image showing the back of the Majestic Princess.

IMG_2004.JPG

Thanks so much for sharing this! Great having a view of them!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DiRonT said:

We were in D727 on Majestic in Nov 2021.  Loved it.  The balcony is HUGE and partially covered.  Have D726 booked on Discovery for April 10th.  Here are 2 pics of balcony for D727.

20211106_144711.jpg

20211106_144651.jpg

My family was in this suite in September and I could have moved in forever. I would book this room again in a heartbeat (though bummer if Dolphin aft is being set aside).

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2022 at 11:28 AM, Upper Bob said:

IMG_2004.JPG

Happy to see this! We are in B735 for the April 30th sailing and I did think that balcony area looked interesting!!! 

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2022 at 3:38 PM, DiRonT said:

We were in D727 on Majestic in Nov 2021.  Loved it.  The balcony is HUGE and partially covered.  Have D726 booked on Discovery for April 10th.  Here are 2 pics of balcony for D727.

20211106_144711.jpg

20211106_144651.jpg

I just want to say thank you so much for posting these pictures of D727 on the Majestic. Because of them we just finished booking that particular cabin with the huge balcony, rather than one of the mid-ship Penthouse cabins!! 😉

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just want to say thank you so much for posting these pictures of D727 on the Majestic. Because of them we just finished booking that particular cabin with the huge balcony, rather than one of the mid-ship Penthouse cabins!! 😉

We always prefer aft penthouse suites to the mid ship ones. Great balconies and ltelaxing wake sounds 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We are on the Discovery to Alaska now - but we are in one of the Riviera deck side suites.  It is fine for Alaska as we don't spend as much time on balcony.

• Like 1