Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

35 minutes ago, LeMonjat said:

Infinity sailing 15th April from Lisbon has now disappeared from the Celebritiy website. 

That's right, it was still there in the morning and has disappeared tonight. I also noticed that two or three 7-day sailings in June and July have gone as well, leaving holes in the schedule. Strange...

Perhaps worse is still to come...

5 minutes ago, grayjay said:

That's right, it was still there in the morning and has disappeared tonight. I also noticed that two or three 7-day sailings in June and July have gone as well, leaving holes in the schedule. Strange...

Perhaps worse is still to come...

Now several people on the FB group are reporting being contacted already to move their bookings. One says their “Personal Celebrity Rep” has confirmed cancellation letters/emails will go out for the cancelled sailings on Thursday. Not long to wait now…..

The 2023 sailings for Infinity have all cabins available- I was planning on moving a cruise this April on the Equinox to an Infinity one in April 2023. It will be interesting to see what happens when I bring tomorrow to try and move my booking.

43 minutes ago, LeMonjat said:

Now several people on the FB group are reporting being contacted already to move their bookings. One says their “Personal Celebrity Rep” has confirmed cancellation letters/emails will go out for the cancelled sailings on Thursday. Not long to wait now…..

It would be interesting to know what months you are talking about.

Finally! Some clarity. Based on two years of Infinity speculation and discussion, especially CC chatter over the last couple of weeks, I can definitely say that what follows is without a doubt Infinity's fate for 2022 and 2023. See for yourselves and plan accordingly.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

1 minute ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Finally! Some clarity. Based on two years of Infinity speculation and discussion, especially CC chatter over the last couple of weeks, I can definitely say that what follows is without a doubt Infinity's fate for 2022 and 2023. Plan accordingly. See for yourselves........................

All the Edge sailings will be shifted to Infinity.

16 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

That's a radical statement for someone to make and even more extreme for you to continue its perpetuation. Not saying it isn't so but the statement is rather flimsy in the current wording. Nothing there to validate or verify. "Someone" is not a good source.  

Someone is Bob Barrows.......

Now this is getting a bit unfair and it's about time celebrity told it's booked passengers what is going on. I accept putting cruises on hold pending a decision is a sound business move. BUT....

Looking at marinetraffic INFINITY HAS JUST SAILED FOR LAS PALMAS!!!

OK who's the yahoo who said there would be an announcement?  Well now, it's tomorrow.  Where's the announcement?  I do see a few canceled cruises for Infinity but not nearly as many as I expected.  Is there some other list coming out?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

16 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Finally! Some clarity. Based on two years of Infinity speculation and discussion, especially CC chatter over the last couple of weeks, I can definitely say that what follows is without a doubt Infinity's fate for 2022 and 2023. See for yourselves and plan accordingly.

As I expected, I was able to book the Infinity for the April 26th, 2023 sailing. 
You do not elaborate on Infinity’s fate in your post, and I could not see that anyone else has spelt out what is happening. 
I am fully expecting to be cancelled, which would be a pity as I really like the itinerary, but it was better to move my deposit as a stakeholder rather than lose the associated OBC.

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

OK who's the yahoo who said there would be an announcement?  Well now, it's tomorrow.  Where's the announcement?  I do see a few canceled cruises for Infinity but not nearly as many as I expected.  Is there some other list coming out?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

Thursday for the announcement …..that’s what I’ve heard. 

9 minutes ago, downsmead said:

As I expected, I was able to book the Infinity for the April 26th, 2023 sailing. 
You do not elaborate on Infinity’s fate in your post, and I could not see that anyone else has spelt out what is happening. 
I am fully expecting to be cancelled, which would be a pity as I really like the itinerary, but it was better to move my deposit as a stakeholder rather than lose the associated OBC.

My post was made rather sarcastically, kind of tongue-in-cheek. There is nothing to see and to plan for accordingly, even though Celebrity has put it out there. No firm footing on land or sea. 

2 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

My post was made rather sarcastically, kind of tongue-in-cheek. There is nothing to see and to plan for accordingly, even though Celebrity has put it out there. No firm footing on land or sea. 

Totes agree with you, although my final payment is due in 2 days, so I'd really appreciate some clarity from Celebrity on this.  It's the difference between us taking a sailing on 5/5/2022 or just having a 17 day vacation in Italy or the South of France.  At this point I'm leaning to just a vacation.

1 minute ago, baabtx said:

Totes agree with you, although my final payment is due in 2 days, so I'd really appreciate some clarity from Celebrity on this.  It's the difference between us taking a sailing on 5/5/2022 or just having a 17 day vacation in Italy or the South of France.  At this point I'm leaning to just a vacation.

What is a “vacation”?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

😂 . I had enough issues looking for a cruise to replace our Caribbean one 🤦‍♀️, and still have a future cruise deposit to apply before the end of the month! I will probably try one of the E class ships - I missed out on the first Apex sailing ( the 4 day cruise) which was cancelled due to Covid. Just need to find an itinerary I like. Talk about first world problems!

Edited by downsmead

27 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What is a “vacation”?

Fly to Italy, Buy a Eurail Pass and traipse around Italy since we've never visited.  Still have flight out of Barcelona, so we can spend a couple of days in Provence before moving on to our return flight.  Not a "Cruise Vacation" but a "Land Vacation"

2 minutes ago, baabtx said:

Fly to Italy, Buy a Eurail Pass and traipse around Italy since we've never visited.  Still have flight out of Barcelona, so we can spend a couple of days in Provence before moving on to our return flight.  Not a "Cruise Vacation" but a "Land Vacation"

Good plan. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Someone said it was today.  Now tomorrow.  Maybe Friday?

(tongue in cheek 🥴...) Celebrity promised to give an annoncement on Friday? Well, I'm sure they didn't say of which year...

By the way, checking again I noticed that cruises between August 27th. and October 12th 2022 have gone...

Drydock in France or Spain?? Another computer glitch? Loading off passengers to other ships??

Hiding in Greenland? There's more to come...

• Like 1