Enchanted Princess balcony, can you tell me your fav deck or cabin?

Dall

I feel like a fish out of water, we’ve only sailed Princess once back in 2015 so I don’t feel as at ease when booking as I would another line.  Pros and cons on different decks?  We’re doing a regular balcony on Enchanted Princess in December 2022.  Any guidance will be appreciated 😀

It helps me to go to the Princess website and look at the deck plans. That way, you can see which decks and balconies are larger than the others. We like aft balconies, but care needs to be taken in the choosing, since some are deeper than others.

I also  will do a search on the "images" tab when I do a search like from my Yahoo home page. For example, I may do a search for "Grand Princess aft" and then I can see the aft balconies. Or you can search for a side view, etc.

The Enchanted is pretty new, but you can do a search on one of her sister ships.

• Like 2

An issue with the newer builds is that the lifeboats are built out from the sides and can actually block your direct view of the ocean even in cabins that are not obstructed. Take a look at the photos of the ship and then look at the deck plans where an outline of the lifeboats can be seen. This is more of an issue on the lower decks like Dolphin.

We don't book minis or suites but always book balconies. The size of the balcony is more important to us than the size of the cabin.

• Caribe deck balconies are not larger on the Enchanted (or on any Royal class ship).
  • As someone mentioned, you can tell the larger balconies (Premium Deluxe)on the aft by looking at the deck plans. (Dolphin, Baja, Riviera and Marina) - but Marina is right under the Lido. We were once aft on  Dolphin on the Regal and we did experience some soot problems.
  • Dolphin deck forward and aft have larger balconies. (D145 - D227, D701 - D725) Some are Premium Deluxe Balconies.
  • Dolphin deck mid ship also have larger balconies but may be looking down on an obstruction, Emerald deck does has them too, but are obstructed and your view could be completely blocked - hopefully someone who has been in one can chime in. Your view looking up will be blocked by the seawalk on Lido - so no sky views.
  • We were surprised by Sun Deck - we had cabin S202 on the Sky and it had a larger balcony than is indicated on the deck plans. I would assume all those cabins in that line have the same sized balcony.
  • Emerald Deck has a few unobstructed balconies E111-E118 - but I've never been able to score one of those - they are always booked very early - probably by Elite passengers.
  • There are some great obstructed view balconies  forward on Emerald Deck, E101-E110, and all the way forward on Marina and Lido M101-M104, L101-L104. A few years ago we were in one of the Lido cabins on Regal and although some will say that you can't go on the balcony while the ship is moving, we found this to be untrue - although it was windy when standing. The balcony railing is metal instead of glass, but the balcony is huge and it's fun to be all the way forward.
  • Mid ship minis from Caribe on up have larger angled balconies. If you look up from these angled balconies you will be looking straight up to the seawalk and will not see the sky. Some people complain of light radiating down from the seawalk.
  • Premium mini suites (M107, M108, L107, L108) have amazing balconies - all the way forward but you have a balcony on the side of the ship too. You get club class dining with this booking.

I can't tell you anything about the suites or inside cabins. Hope this helps!

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I don't recall which ship it was, but we had a much larger than normal balcony on Caribe deck on one of our cruises.  I wish I could remember which ship...sorry.  And if I recall correctly, not all balconies on Caribe were large.

Only on Grand Class ships. Not on the Enchanted. Most balconies on the Enchanted are 9ftx4ft, but there are some that are angled and some that are larger.

Go to the Princess.com site. Select onboard our ships, Enchanted Princess, deck plans. Search around. Notice the check box for internally connected cabins. By selecting individual cabins any differences will be shown in red print.

Note balcony cat cabins "B" do not have an interior sofa. Deluxe balcony cabins "D" have a two seat sofa. Mini suites "M" and full suites "S" also have sofas.

• Like 1

Enchanted Sun Deck regular balcony cabin. 

Balconies on this deck are deeper than regular balcony cabins on other decks and are fully covered. So convenient to Retreat Pool, Lido Deck, Markeplace/food. And a bar right outside. These cabins are deck 17 forward and mid-forward. Some have mentioned more motion here but we did not notice this. The only downside is its a long elevator ride down to decks 5/6/7. 

• Like 2

If you want a standard balcony cabin they are more or less all similar.  There are a few exceptions where the balcony fronts are not straight e.g. D424.  Emerald Deck is worth avoiding as the lifeboats obstruct the view to soma extent, other than that I think you need to study the deck plan and work out what infrastructure you want to be near and away from.  Vertical access via lifts is also a deciding issue for many.

Regards John

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, john watson said:

Emerald Deck is worth avoiding as the lifeboats obstruct the view to soma extent

however, these obstructed balconies are usually cheaper than regular balconies, so if you don't mind the view, still want a balcony and want savings, they are totally worth it.

IMG_0054.JPG