How Long to Receive FCC?

Croooser

3 hours ago, nho9504 said:

I hope someone can help me to figure out the 30 days mark on our March 12th Sky Transatlantic to Southampton.

Also how exactly the FCC is calculated given the 30 days deadline falls between 50% and 25% refund dates.  I imagine it would be the 75% cancellation fee (on the cruise fare portion only, with the the taxes refunded to Original form of payment).  Is the tax portion including the port taxes which we have no idea as it is incorporated to the fare,  while other taxes and fee are separate item. 

It is weird as the regular cancel time is 15-28 days 75% loss, then 29-44 days 50% loss, and over 45 - 74 days lose the deposit amount.  In normal times you would lose that % amount as per the days remaining.

As the Cruise with Confidence gives a 100% refund you have between 75 days to 30 days to take advantage.  It crosses over, but I would rather the 100% use of my funds than just getting 25% or 50% refunded.

My guess would be that your day 30 would be the 10th of Feb. 

You will get back

• 1 full fare plus Port Fees - refunded to credit card (very quickly applied service)
  • 1 full fare plus; Princess Insurance refund; and FCD if you had one applied as a FCC to be used before 31.12.2022 (used and sailed).  Reports on this thread are about 6 weeks for the FCC to be applied, unless you have a booking you want to make, then you have to chat with Customer Relations, escalate the issue .
Edited by Valiamo

Thanks for the info on the new terms of 29 to 44 days to receive 50% refund and the rest being FCC under Cruise with Confidence.  The dates of 50% and 75% penalty applied on my Guest copy issued on Nov 26 was different from the 29 / 44 days.

Please correct me if my understanding below is incorrect - 

I don’t understand why I would lose the deposit if I cancel now?  

The cruise was paid in full on one single payment a few days after booking.  No deposit was involved.  One small FCC incentive from the 2020 Sky transatlantic canceled by Princess that would expired Dec 31 2022 was used.  

I would most likely to cancel at the 30 days deadline under Cruise with Confidence.   I will get back what is calculated by Valimo’s reply.  1 cruise fare and the FCC used to book this cruise back to FCC.  We do not have Princess insurance (never bought it despite have had hundreds days with Princess as we felt self-insured suited us better).  No FCD either since we requested it refunded before it’s expiration in Apr 2021.

I probably would rebook the Enchanted transatlantic on Apr 9th.  So I need to follow up the FCC refund once canceling the Sky.

With the horrendous hold time with Princess call center, I would initiate the cancellation a few days before the deadline.  On Thursday my TA said she made 4 calls to Princess, each time she was on hold for over an hour then the call was disconnected.  This is not the right way to do business.  

Edited by nho9504
Confused on loss of deposit.

I canceled a b2b cruise the middle of September just after I made final payment.    My credit card was refunded over $9000 within two weeks.   I still am waiting for the other $9000 plus to be given in FCC's.    I need to make final payment for 2 cabins for our next cruise in a little over a month.  I have called many times to see where my money is but they keep telling me soon.  My TA has made calls and can't get any info.   I am getting very frustrated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nho9504 said:

With the horrendous hold time with Princess call center, I would initiate the cancellation a few days before the deadline.  On Thursday my TA said she made 4 calls to Princess, each time she was on hold for over an hour then the call was disconnected.  This is not the right way to do business.  

It is interesting that Travel Agents are having such high wait times.  I called this week, and was speaking to an agent is less than 5 minutes and in total spent 9 minutes on the call  (Jan 19th at 8:58AM).   My TA who cancelled my previous cruise (5 days prior) was on hold for 90 minutes the first time and almost 2 hours the second time.   He kindly suggested that if we were planning on re-booking soon, that we "DIY" and not involve him, which is fine by us as DW was a cruise TA and book is so easy.

• Like 1

Did Princess take care of you on your issues when you called direct on cruises booked thru your TA?

The thing is, cancellation has to come from TA if booked thru TA.  My TA was handling her other customers on Princess issues and would add my questions on her list.  She never gets thru on Thursday.  I did not bother to follow up now I got my answers from here.

Shouldn’t they have a dedicated line for the agents?  It seems they deliberately make things difficult for the TAs so to steer customers to book direct,  Fir me though, this year would be our last year sailing with Princess, elites notwithstanding now the benefits are so diluted (the fight to get the 50% discount on the prebought internet as reported on this board  is the most annoying thing to me).  We sailed Odessey on a B2B in December.  My TA did not have to be on hold forever to get things done.  She also often has group rates on Royal.  Royal status reciprocates to Celibrity.  More incentive to switch to Royal.

16 hours ago, compozer said:

I canceled a b2b cruise the middle of September just after I made final payment.    My credit card was refunded over $9000 within two weeks.   I still am waiting for the other $9000 plus to be given in FCC's.    I need to make final payment for 2 cabins for our next cruise in a little over a month.  I have called many times to see where my money is but they keep telling me soon.  My TA has made calls and can't get any info.   I am getting very frustrated.

I think it is time for you to write emails to various higher ups at Princess to get this resolved before your next final payment.  Someone has posted the email addresses in one of the Princess threads, may be is on this one.  You should also be able to find info from Elliot’s advocacy site.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/princess-cruise-lines/

13 hours ago, Valiamo said:

It is interesting that Travel Agents are having such high wait times.  I called this week, and was speaking to an agent is less than 5 minutes and in total spent 9 minutes on the call  (Jan 19th at 8:58AM).   My TA who cancelled my previous cruise (5 days prior) was on hold for 90 minutes the first time and almost 2 hours the second time.   He kindly suggested that if we were planning on re-booking soon, that we "DIY" and not involve him, which is fine by us as DW was a cruise TA and book is so easy.

Do you mind to tell what issues you need to contact Princess, and are the issues resolved?

An update to this thread.    We had our FCC's credited to our accounts this morning.   Cancelled on the 11th of Jan and Credit received on the 24th (1 day less than 2 weeks).   

Next is to get our FCD applied to our cruise accounts and get that benefit applied to our account.

• Like 1

Just now, nho9504 said:

Do you mind to tell what issues you need to contact Princess, and are the issues resolved?

We had no real "issues".   We wanted to apply our pending FCC and and an expiring FCD to a newly booked cruise, which cannot be applied on the website.   I wanted to use our $100 FCD on our newly booked cruise, vs paying the $1000 deposit (booking from Canada).

25 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

We had no real "issues".   We wanted to apply our pending FCC and and an expiring FCD to a newly booked cruise, which cannot be applied on the website.   I wanted to use our $100 FCD on our newly booked cruise, vs paying the $1000 deposit (booking from Canada).

Got it.  Were  you able to get the pending FCC applied?

That is a huge difference between the FDC and actual deposit.   I did not know the FCD can be used in lieu of the required deposit.  But then it might be due to almost all our cruises are booked as “pay in full after booking is required”. so the deposit requirement never comes up.  FCD just goes towards the amount due.

Edited by nho9504

Chat would not help me resolve why my DD's cancelled booking has not resulted in Credit Card refund, while my cruise cancelled at same time has. I asked TA to check, and she found that Princess had not cancelled DD's cruise!

ETA just realized; we are now within 30 days of sailing. Asked TA to confirm earlier cancellation with Princess.

Edited by Tedferg

57 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Got it.  Were  you able to get the pending FCC applied?

Yes the full FCC was applied and used as a deposit, I did not have to supplement it with a CC deposit as well.  

Also the FCC expires 1 year after cancelling, so mine could have been used into January of 2023.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nho9504 said:

I think it is time for you to write emails to various higher ups at Princess to get this resolved before your next final payment.  Someone has posted the email addresses in one of the Princess threads, may be is on this one.  You should also be able to find info from Elliot’s advocacy site.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/princess-cruise-lines/

That is my plan but I thought I would try one more time to call Princess.   I was on hold for 90 minutes and then was disappointed when the rep said she could not discuss it with me because I used a TA.   I told her she had called several times and could not get any information after she called to cancel it.    I said her hold times were ridiculous.  She said "well, you got through, she should be able to!!!"      WOW!

I did not get nasty but stated that I received a credit on my card  for $8833 two days after canceling and was told the $10, 456 would be given in FCC.   I said I have been waiting 4 months for it.  And that I have to make final payment for one in 6 weeks.   She told me I need to file an insurance claim for the rest of my money.   I stated that is not what Princess told my TA - she emailed me right after the call and gave me the amounts.

So, I canceled the first cruise 45 days prior to it and 55 days before the second one.

I called my TA and she looked over her notes and agreed I should be getting the money in FCC's.    She will call the first thing in the morning and hopefully get it straightened out.

I will hold off writing a letter until I hear back from my TA.   But I am really wondering if it is time to switch cruise lines.

We have an Apr 2, 2022, cruise, after multiple cancellations and rebookings, some by Princess and some by me. It is hard to follow credit card refunds and FCC against initial cruise fare. It does seem that final numbers are less than our payments. I had a good chat session with Princess and was not bumped off to TA, however, she did say she had limited access to TA accounts so could not fill in the details of how FCC had been calculated. I need to talk to TA. I am sure it will be a challenge for TA to follow the breadcrumbs.

Makes me wonder if the discount from TA is worth the aggravation of not being able to talk directly to Princess.

• Like 3

This crazy FCC  delay may work out well for me . If the current deadline for the use of these credits is one year from the issue date, then perhaps they will only get around to depositing mine by March . Then I can use them for next years Spring break period which would be ideal. 

I understand this is a minority position .

It's An Ill Wind That Blows No Good explanation, meaning, origin - The  Biggest Idioms Dictionary - YourIdioms.Com

I had a booking for 1/9/22. My son (in our cabin) tested positive 2 days before the cruise, so we had to cancel it. They had the Covid 19 Protection Program that stated we would get a full refund in CC. I re-booked for 2/6/22. I've had to fight like crazy to get the CC credited to my account...they just showed up today, BUT it's less than half of the original fare! I got my excursion and taxes/port fees refunded to my credit card, I realize I'm probably out the insurance amount. I've been on hold for 40 minutes (so far), wondering why they shorted me over $2000. The new cruise is in just over a week, and I'm so stressed out!! Does anyone have any input for me, or experience with this?

19 minutes ago, glfgrljules said:

I had a booking for 1/9/22. My son (in our cabin) tested positive 2 days before the cruise, so we had to cancel it. They had the Covid 19 Protection Program that stated we would get a full refund in CC. I re-booked for 2/6/22. I've had to fight like crazy to get the CC credited to my account...they just showed up today, BUT it's less than half of the original fare! I got my excursion and taxes/port fees refunded to my credit card, I realize I'm probably out the insurance amount. I've been on hold for 40 minutes (so far), wondering why they shorted me over $2000. The new cruise is in just over a week, and I'm so stressed out!! Does anyone have any input for me, or experience with this?

Half is probably posted in an account in his name online; you would need to create a Princess account in his name. It would be in his under future credits

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Half is probably posted in an account in his name online; you would need to create a Princess account in his name. It would be in his under future credits

That's exactly what it was!! Thank you so much!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, generichandle said:

Cancel Feb cruise with CWC on 1/10. Appeared on my account on 1/24. So, 2 weeks for us. 

Same for us, same dates. The credit card refund was within a few days. Not happy with the totals and did see FCC in my account and DWs. I was expecting prior FCC used as deposit to be returned to our accounts as well. FCC detail simply shows 'Applied to Booking XYZ' so the deposit must be included with 'Active FCC'. Credit card refund and FCC do not add up to our initial payment. Initial cruise was cancelled by Princess and Replaced from their Price Match list, so not sure how that all works. TA is checking.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Same for us, same dates. The credit card refund was within a few days. Not happy with the totals and did see FCC in my account and DWs. I was expecting prior FCC used as deposit to be returned to our accounts as well. FCC detail simply shows 'Applied to Booking XYZ' so the deposit must be included with 'Active FCC'. Credit card refund and FCC do not add up to our initial payment. Initial cruise was cancelled by Princess and Replaced from their Price Match list, so not sure how that all works. TA is checking.

Sorry for all your complexities. Ours was straight forward and exact to the penny. We knew we would lose the insurance, but all else was well. 

14 hours ago, generichandle said:

Sorry for all your complexities. Ours was straight forward and exact to the penny. We knew we would lose the insurance, but all else was well. 

I was surprised that you lost insurance amount. However, when I read the T&C for CwC it does not mention Insurance fee. I thought other Posters said they got Insurance Premium refunded, but now that I think about it, it makes sense for it not to be refunded. You had the 'benefit' of insurance even though you did not lose it. Like asking for a refund of last year's Life Insurance because you are still alive 🙂

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Our cruise was scheduled for Jan 19. We cancelled on Jan 5.  Thought we would have to deal with Aon but we received excursions and add-on purchase refunds after 2 days to credit card and full FCC for the remainder on Jan 10th.  I was very surprised!

Did you lose insurance premium?