How Long to Receive FCC?

Croooser

Hi,

Looking for info on how long it took you to receive FCC for a cancelled cruise?

We cancelled a Sky Princess TA on 9/22/21. Our TA indicated that based on the timing and Princess policy that we would receive $2030 refund and $2158 FCC. Refund was received on 9/26/21. Can't complain about that at all.

But... FCC still not showing up and our TA says that she was on hold 3 hrs yesterday and another 3 hrs today and then was hung up on both times. She is going to try getting the agency's  Princess rep involved.

So, is over 90 days to see FCC the norm these days for Princess? Or, are we experiencing something out of the norm?

Thanks,

I was told up to 28 days last week from my Cruise I cancelled on 23rd Dec..

Hope it's not going to be 4 months as I booked a new cruise and the FCC value is still outstanding. The rest of the value is paid and because I booked direct, they have put a note on my account so as soon as it is available it will be used to pay the outstanding balance.

My new Cruise is in 88 Days.

• Thanks 1

I cancelled my Dec 19 cruise on Royal.  I filed an online claim with AON before the end of the year.  They responded a few days ago that I did not qualify for refund which I knew.  I was surprised to get the FCC posted to my account 2 days ago.  That was fast.

• Thanks 1

IN the Book with Confidence FAQ they say you should contact Princess if you have another cruise in mind. Strangely they say you must cancel and rebook, you cannot simply change date. We just cancelled Feb 19 and booked same itinerary for Apr 2 and paid for second cruise.  Another poster said Princess provided a refund to credit card when FCC was posted to their account.

I wonder what happens if FCC does not appear before second cruise.

9 hours ago, clarky213 said:

I was told up to 28 days last week from my Cruise I cancelled on 23rd Dec..

Hope it's not going to be 4 months as I booked a new cruise and the FCC value is still outstanding. The rest of the value is paid and because I booked direct, they have put a note on my account so as soon as it is available it will be used to pay the outstanding balance.

My new Cruise is in 88 Days.

Call or have your TA call; they can transfer FCC directly to the new cruise 🥂

• Like 2

Thanks to all of you who shared their experience. Had to maneuver to get it done. But did get it done. When the agency escalated to their Princess rep, the FCC was issued and applied to a future booking already in place. 

Lesson learned. With Princess escalate any admin issues or it may or may not happen.

YMMV

• Like 1

Hi All, would love to confirm the book with confidence policy. We are booked on a 2/20/22 cruise and we want to cancel. We made final payment in November 2021. We can't seem to get a straight answer from Princess regarding whether we will receive FCC for the full amount we paid. The person we spoke with said "it's up to Customer Relations."

It was our understanding when we booked that we could cancel after final payment and up to 30 days before sailing to receive FCC for full amount as long as we sailed by 12/31/22. Is that correct?

I appreciate hearing from anyone who has gone through this with Princess.

Thanks!!

3 minutes ago, max&toni said:

Hi All, would love to confirm the book with confidence policy. We are booked on a 2/20/22 cruise and we want to cancel. We made final payment in November 2021. We can't seem to get a straight answer from Princess regarding whether we will receive FCC for the full amount we paid. The person we spoke with said "it's up to Customer Relations."

It was our understanding when we booked that we could cancel after final payment and up to 30 days before sailing to receive FCC for full amount as long as we sailed by 12/31/22. Is that correct?

I appreciate hearing from anyone who has gone through this with Princess.

Thanks!!

Correct, except that the penalty for cancelling at 30 days is 50% of cruise fare. This would be returned as FCC and the rest returned as cash refund. The reason reps say, "it's up to Customer Relations." is because Princess has a separate group that handles cancellations - refunds - FCC.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 8:33 PM, jwattle said:

Call or have your TA call; they can transfer FCC directly to the new cruise 🥂

All sorted now, the FCC appeared on Friday (22 Days after cancellation), and has now been applied to my new cruise.

• Like 1

Here is our experience.  We cancelled on Jan 12th (38 days before our cruise in Feb).   

We were/are to get the following:

- 1 Full Fare, plus both sets of port taxes fees credited back to our credit card

- 1 Full Fare, plus Princess Protection, Plus FCD back to our cruise account as a FCC.  FCD must be used by Jan 28 (day it actually expires) and the FCC has to be used and sailed before Dec 31 2022.

Bank received the credit back to our CC on the 13th of Jan and credit was showing up on the 14th. (no delay at all)

Today we are at 9 days past cancellation and no FCC to our Princess account yet.  

We have another cruise booked, aft corner balcony, for the fall and we really, really want to use our previously used FCD for this trip (vs paying the $1,000 CAD deposit).  Have an aft corner balcony on courtesy hold.

I called Princess, yesterday 9am, and spoke to an agent in less than 5 minutes.  She could not see the FCC, but said that it was taking around 2 weeks for the FCC's and FCD's to be credited back.. So she extended our courtesy hold until next week (25th). 

She said to call back on the 25th an if the credit is not yet applied ask to speak to Customer Relations and they can most likely assist, especially with the FCD that expires on the 28 of Jan.

Has anyone seen how long FCC are currently taking to get credited back?

Edited by Valiamo

8 hours ago, Valiamo said:

Here is our experience.  We cancelled on Jan 12th (38 days before our cruise in Feb).   

We were/are to get the following:

- 1 Full Fare, plus both sets of port taxes fees credited back to our credit card

- 1 Full Fare, plus Princess Protection, Plus FCD back to our cruise account as a FCC.  FCD must be used by Jan 28 (day it actually expires) and the FCC has to be used and sailed before Dec 31 2022.

Bank received the credit back to our CC on the 13th of Jan and credit was showing up on the 14th. (no delay at all)

Today we are at 9 days past cancellation and no FCC to our Princess account yet.  

We have another cruise booked, aft corner balcony, for the fall and we really, really want to use our previously used FCD for this trip (vs paying the $1,000 CAD deposit).  Have an aft corner balcony on courtesy hold.

I called Princess, yesterday 9am, and spoke to an agent in less than 5 minutes.  She could not see the FCC, but said that it was taking around 2 weeks for the FCC's and FCD's to be credited back.. So she extended our courtesy hold until next week (25th). 

She said to call back on the 25th an if the credit is not yet applied ask to speak to Customer Relations and they can most likely assist, especially with the FCD that expires on the 28 of Jan.

As I mentioned above, 9/22 cancel and FCC received 1/11. 

I hope it's soon. I ended up canceling my original booking yesterday and booking a new one. The rep who canceled the booking did not explain the consequences of doing so. It was another rep who told me I'd be receiving 50% as an FCC and 50% back to my credit card. I'll keep watching for both over the next few weeks. The good news is that it's not a huge amount of money that I'm waiting for.

21 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does anyone know why the FCC amount it, because I did get more back on my credit card as a refund also, yesterday.

Keep in mind that you will likely get a separate refund from any excursions and/or add-on booking purchases.  That was our experience...

We cancelled on Dec 20th for a cruise at the end of Feb . We used FCC's and new money . The new $ was returned to our CC within 2 days minus $100 per person deposit . The FCC amount has not yet been returned to our accounts . As a Quebecer, the deposit should have been returned to our CC . I'm waiting for everything to be resolved .

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Keep in mind that you will likely get a separate refund from any excursions and/or add-on booking purchases.  That was our experience...

Yes, those purchases were refunded on my cc the next day.  But, what is so strange is that We did get FCC’s in our accounts about 9 days later, then it has been decreased twice since then?

I have not booked any new bookings since then.  Never saw this before.

Nothing has changed in the detail boxes below the Future cruise credits.

I keep doing a screen shot each time.

ughhh

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Valiamo said:

My experience with my last sailing is the FCC took 6-8 weeks to appear both times (two cancellations by Princess)--spring 2020 and summer 2021. I immediately rebooked both times and had to go through the same courtesy hold extension process both times. The second time, I had to pressure them as our final payment deadline was approaching and the FCC had not yet been applied (in the end, there was less than a week between FCC application and final payment). Hopefully yours posts soon!

FAQ for Cruise with Confidence says to inform Princess if you have scheduled a cruise that will use FCC. I did this via Chat. Not sure if it causes any escalation or not. I might have mentioned previously, we paid for two cabins one for us and one for DD and DGD. We got a refund for our portion of Credit Card but so far not for DD's cruise.

59 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

FAQ for Cruise with Confidence says to inform Princess if you have scheduled a cruise that will use FCC. I did this via Chat. Not sure if it causes any escalation or not. I might have mentioned previously, we paid for two cabins one for us and one for DD and DGD. We got a refund for our portion of Credit Card but so far not for DD's cruise.

Wait, what ? Some cruises won't take FCC's ? 😲

1 hour ago, richstowe said:

Wait, what ? Some cruises won't take FCC's ? 😲

Hmmm - our next cruise is Apr 2 to replace Feb 19, we were concerned about Omicron surge, especially for Granddaughter. I am concerned that FCC might not be granted in time, that's all

I hope someone can help me to figure out the 30 days mark on our March 12th Sky Transatlantic to Southampton.

We are hoping we can keep the cruise but it hinges on how UK, and other EU countries handling the Covid restrictions on arrivals.

Problem is, in order to be protected by the CwC, one must make a decision 30 days before sailing - very unfriendly comparing to Royal / Celebrity's 48 hours before...  But that is another topic.

Also how exactly the FCC is calculated given the 30 days deadline falls between 50% and 25% refund dates.  I imagine it would be the 75% cancellation fee (on the cruise fare portion only, with the the taxes refunded to Original form of payment).  Is the tax portion including the port taxes which we have no idea as it is incorporated to the fare,  while other taxes and fee are separate item. 

My TA was trying to add my questions on her pile to talk to Princess but she has been on hold for over an hour then phone went dead, FOUR times today!  This is not the right way to do business.  The experiences in dealing with Princess are so frustrating to us that these elites are seriously thinking this year would be our last to cruise with Princess.

nho9504. It looks like you have a couple of balls in the air. Is your primary concern that you want to stay with the cruise and want to make your final decision at the 30-day point?

Princess added to their 'inside 30 days' policy. You should check it; it mentions problems due to government regulations added after the 30 days has passed.

29 - 44 days is 50% bracket, so 30 does not straddle this. Looks like you could cancel now and just lose deposit. The 30+ day rule would give you FCC for the Deposit amount.