Nov 5 Allure cruise cancelled; limited options

DandDM

1 hour ago, bgoff60 said:

Same boat.  We WERE in a JS.  Called to plead my case and ask for any 'reserved rooms that they held back.  He assured me after a 20 minute hold that nothing was held back.  YMMV.

Ended up (For now) downgrading to an OV Balcony.  Will loose the QUAD points but will still get double points.  OBC goes down to the OVB rate as well ($100).  

The rep DID say that I could try calling back "later" (like maybe after January 25th!...) and IF a JS becomes available, I get bumped back up to that room category for the same (Protected) rate...AND be back on for QUAD points.  

Either way - a week cruising is better than a kick in the butt!

Sorry about the lack of cabins…personally apologize as we got one of the last JS on any of the listed sailings. Looked the next day and all were booked. 

That is good news about them potentially offering to price match if cabins open up later, hope cabins open up and they honor it!

We decided to switch to the October 1 8 night cruise on Allure in a balcony. When our TA called on Sunday to make the changes, she was able to get them to hold 7626, a J3 cabin, for us until revenue opened on Monday morning. She was told that they had J3 cabins available but that they weren't open for booking due to limiting of capacity. When she called back yesterday morning, she was able to get 6640, a J3, booked for us. Apparently they didn't have a record of the hold put on 7626. That worked for us, but then yesterday evening she got a phone call from the agent she'd spoken to on Sunday, who had noticed that we were in a different cabin and made the change back to 7626 for us. 

Needless to say both our TA and we were both surprised and delighted to have this level of customer service from someone at Royal Caribbean. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe seeing this thread again will help others for getting their Suites back that Royal said weren't available. Royal opened up cabins again right after the deadline.

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe seeing this thread again will help others for getting their Suites back that Royal said weren't available. Royal opened up cabins again right after the deadline.

Not a big surprise but there are currently only JS guarantees available. Will continue to check to see when they start opening up cabins directly.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:35 PM, Coralc said:

If you keep the same booking number, and the cruise is before Dec. 31, 2022. You should keep the double points. The booking onboard OBC is also transferable. You will not be price protected for other sailings. 

This topic has taken a different turn, but if I can take a step back and ask a question about keeping the double points...

I'm booked on the Oasis in December and want to change to the Wonder. TA says I can move with the same booking number and keep the promo, but I'll have to pay $100pp change fee. Worth it to me to keep double points. Would this really work?

On 1/11/2022 at 9:35 PM, Coralc said:

If you keep the same booking number, and the cruise is before Dec. 31, 2022. You should keep the double points. The booking onboard OBC is also transferable. You will not be price protected for other sailings. 

This topic has taken a different turn, but if I can take a step back and ask a question about keeping the double points...

I'm booked on the Oasis in December and want to change to the Wonder. TA says I can move with the same booking number and keep the promo, but I'll have to pay $100pp change fee. Worth it to me to keep double points. Would this really work?

47 minutes ago, J&L~SetSail said:

Sorry. Double tap🙃

Its not you, its cc doing the double posts. There is no way you or I could post the exact same post twice in a row lol. They need to fix it. If I hang up I know it's going to be another double post. I go in and try and edit the 2nd one, but miss some. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, J&L~SetSail said:

I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as the sailing is before Dec. 31, 2022 and you keep the same booking number.  

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi There.  The OP here with an update that I think is unbelievable...

Since January, I have been watching ship availability pretty regularly.  A couple OS and Aqua suites opened up and were quickly gone.  However, this morning, I did my regular check and a crown loft suite was available; first one I've seen since this all started.  I questioned if it was even worth my time to make a call, but decided to do it so called by 'big box' TA.

ROYAL HONORED THE PRICE PROTECTION FROM JANUARY AND GAVE ME THE CROWN LOFT SUITE!!!!

It was actually pretty easy, no negotiation or tense discussion, just the request, approval and payment.  Confirmed it is showing on my reservation. I'm on cloud nine...way to go Royal Caribbean!!

Cheers,

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, DandDM said:

Since January, I have been watching ship availability pretty regularly.  A couple OS and Aqua suites opened up and were quickly gone.  However, this morning, I did my regular check and a crown loft suite was available; first one I've seen since this all started.  I questioned if it was even worth my time to make a call, but decided to do it so called by 'big box' TA.

ROYAL HONORED THE PRICE PROTECTION FROM JANUARY AND GAVE ME THE CROWN LOFT SUITE!!!!

It was actually pretty easy, no negotiation or tense discussion, just the request, approval and payment.  Confirmed it is showing on my reservation. I'm on cloud nine...way to go Royal Caribbean!!

Cheers,

Glad to hear they did right by you!  🙂  Have a great cruise!

5 hours ago, DandDM said:

Cheers,

Glad to hear you got your room. If you don't mind me asking is your new cruise on Oct 29th?  If so we were in the same situation and my wife was crazy checking and we were able to get another CLS on this cruise within a few days of the other being canceled. I know we got lucky and it was the only one that worked for our schedule. We lost our side view but were happy to still have a CLS. Yesterday morning my wife still obsessed with trying to get a side view CLS saw one open up and we called our TA and got it. So if your are in 1726 which is the one we just move from, would love to meet in the suite lounge and toast a drink to getting to enjoy a CLS. First time for us.

1 minute ago, lonestarmikeb said:

Glad to hear you got your room. If you don't mind me asking is your new cruise on Oct 29th?  If so we were in the same situation and my wife was crazy checking and we were able to get another CLS on this cruise within a few days of the other being canceled. I know we got lucky and it was the only one that worked for our schedule. We lost our side view but were happy to still have a CLS. Yesterday morning my wife still obsessed with trying to get a side view CLS saw one open up and we called our TA and got it. So if your are in 1726 which is the one we just move from, would love to meet in the suite lounge and toast a drink to getting to enjoy a CLS. First time for us.

Yes, I got your old cabin!  Thank you so much for making it available - I will buy you that drink in the SL. LOL.  I must have missed that side view CLS becoming open, or did you grab the Star Loft suite?  Saw one of those last week.

Had originally booked a back facing CLS as my wife was completely enthralled by the Aquashow on the Symphony.  I'm not sure how much she would have been able to see, and have since read that the side cabins are more desirable, but heck, I'm just happy to be in the neighborhood!

11 minutes ago, Big_G said:

😫

TFW you realize you're reading a thread started 6 months ago.

Yes. We were all originally booked on this cruise and were quite disappointed when it was canceled. I’m happy to read the updates about the good outcomes. We were given very limited price-protected options. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Big_G said:

😫

TFW you realize you're reading a thread started 6 months ago.

Yes.  I started the original thread and still digesting the fact that Royal honored their price protection after six months!

Edited by DandDM
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, DandDM said:

Yes, I got your old cabin!  Thank you so much for making it available - I will buy you that drink in the SL. LOL.  I must have missed that side view CLS becoming open, or did you grab the Star Loft suite?  Saw one of those last week.

Had originally booked a back facing CLS as my wife was completely enthralled by the Aquashow on the Symphony.  I'm not sure how much she would have been able to see, and have since read that the side cabins are more desirable, but heck, I'm just happy to be in the neighborhood!

See you in October, Cheers!

On 1/18/2022 at 9:28 AM, vplsh said:

We decided to switch to the October 1 8 night cruise on Allure in a balcony. When our TA called on Sunday to make the changes, she was able to get them to hold 7626, a J3 cabin, for us until revenue opened on Monday morning. She was told that they had J3 cabins available but that they weren't open for booking due to limiting of capacity. When she called back yesterday morning, she was able to get 6640, a J3, booked for us. Apparently they didn't have a record of the hold put on 7626. That worked for us, but then yesterday evening she got a phone call from the agent she'd spoken to on Sunday, who had noticed that we were in a different cabin and made the change back to 7626 for us. 

Needless to say both our TA and we were both surprised and delighted to have this level of customer service from someone at Royal Caribbean. 

hey, thats my cruise and.... my cabin..........jk but maybe not.  I booked a gty xn. not that its unheard of but I was hoping to get an assignment already.  74 or so days out.  I guess its situations like this that they hold back.  Oh well, seems like my ship just got a bit fuller now that they cancelled.