Oasis Chartered Cruise During Covid…Do they have to Follow the same Covid Protocols?

BennyBrun

31 minutes ago, D4 said:

@Pratique I really feel for you.  

I’m curious  … about how long before the sail date did they notify you that you were being displaced due to a charter?  3 months, 6 months, a year?  

On Jan. 7, 2020, we booked Oasis for Jan. 16, 2022. Royal notified me about the charter on Dec. 1, 2020. The first email went to spam - this was the follow up email telling me I had missed the deadline to rebook. Not sure when the first email went out, probably in October or November 2020.

So to answer your question, we had 13 months notice for the charter. We immediately rebooked on Symphony for Jan. 8, 2022. On that one, we received less than 24 hours notice of cancelation. We had already been exchanging emails with the concierge. I hope Royal doesn't make a habit of this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

These are not traditional cruising people who are much more likely to not abide by the rules. I quoted one guy and that says it all. If you don’t want to see that then that’s on you. Are you on this cruise because it sure sounds like it. It’s a free for all on these cruises and there is nothing Royal can do about it. It seems there are plenty of other of people on here who agree with me so that should tell you something. 🙄

How many drug overdoses and other related issues have there already been? I’m guessing you have seen the post that someone copied and pasted from one of their forums. Why would someone post that others should quit posting what is going on on this Oasis cruise if they knew it was wrong? 

You keep saying Royal isn’t doing what they are supposed to do. Exactly how are they supposed to control these crowds? I’m sure Royal can use your expertise help. 🙄

No, Renee, I'm simply not an arrogant outsider generalizing a group of 5000+ people for something that the cruise line knew was going to happen and subsequently allowed to continue. Groups of these passengers are absolutely not being safe and I would not want to be on this sailing, however they are not being reprimanded for behavior and the events, organized by the charter company, were approved to be hosted on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Side note- how many Alpha Alpla Alphas did we have on our most recent Allure cruise over the holidays? Three, two heart attacks from severely overweight individuals likely overindulging on vacation. 

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@kruzerci

You might want to read the rest of this link by the medical team hired by Atlantis and what they had to say. This is in no way your normal cruisers or the medical team wouldn’t be saying this.. They have to point out some things which is pretty sad.

http://www.back2stonewall.com/2022/01/death-reported-on-atlantis-events-gay-cruise.html?fbclid=IwAR0W0EBUdYZTDVkO4t2hal9vJU8syDZvA2VdzCsizPPljk3P8e7Q9fmTXgc

@ReneeFLLYou may want to read the history of events listed in this article. Was it wise of Royal Caribbean to continue this partnership with Atlantis given the history and to allow this to sail? These charters have been going for over a decade; they knew exactly what to expect. The passengers knew what vacation they were signing up for and the cruise line knew what type of experience they were allowing. By your logic, the sailing should have been cancelled given the current environment, but they took the cash. 

Side note- have you looked at the overdose statistics within the United States as a whole? Tragically, this is happening on cruises not under CC and media spotlight, as well. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

In my defense- what I meant by “lifestyle choice” was drugs, cramming together at big dance parties, loud music.  I didn’t mean anything else.  Sorry if I offended anyone 😞

Completely understandable!

• Like 1

I’m sailing with my daughter who is developmentally disabled this Sunday on Oasis. I’ve been pretty stressed about even sailing and now I have to worry about her getting poked by a needle that was leftover from the Atlantis event? And don’t come at me about that statement. It in fact happened when our pet sitter overdosed and died in our home when we were on vacation. I really wish I hadn’t seen these posts. 

24 minutes ago, irishgirlsnest said:

I’m sailing with my daughter who is developmentally disabled this Sunday on Oasis. I’ve been pretty stressed about even sailing and now I have to worry about her getting poked by a needle that was leftover from the Atlantis event? And don’t come at me about that statement. It in fact happened when our pet sitter overdosed and died in our home when we were on vacation. I really wish I hadn’t seen these posts. 

Cancel, CWC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, irishgirlsnest said:

If you are concerned cancel. Tonight is your last chance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, irishgirlsnest said:

What an . . . oddly random thing to be worried about. 

Cruise ships are professionally cleaned between each sailing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DevonfromAcme said:

Huh?  Are you somehow insinuating that the crew carries around random drug filled needles to stick passengers with?

No not at all, but do think there are going to be ALOT more crew walking around with Covid early in the cruise before they test positive spreading it to the new passengers just boarding.

I would not board the ship for that next sailing.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I cancelled the Symphony because of the cases and transferred to the Oasis. SMH.

Omg I really hope they clean the ship really well and hope the crew is ok.

RCL should have never allowed this co to book this crew while Covid cases are so high.

Good Luck

48 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I cancelled the Symphony because of the cases and transferred to the Oasis. SMH.

Omg I really hope they clean the ship really well and hope the crew is ok.

RCL should have never allowed this co to book this crew while Covid cases are so high.

We are scheduled on 1/30 and we have options to cancel if we want to.  Fortunately we have a week to see what happens on the 1/23 cruise.  Hopefully cases are low and we will go back to follow the protocols and continue on with cruising.

• Like 2

With so many crew just sitting idle on other ships not currently operating, wouldn’t they do a large changeout of crew prior to the next sailing potentially to avoid any unfortunate mass spreading of Covid to passengers embarking and to other non-guest facing crew?

Edited by Cruise Gopher

2 hours ago, irishgirlsnest said:

I’m so sorry for all you’ve been through.  Did you come home from vacation and find your pet sitter dead in your house?  That is absolutely horrific!  Were your pets ok?  I hope someone else became aware of the situation and was able to take care of your pets.

I don’t blame you for being stressed about cruising.  It has become so much more complex than it used to be.  (Airlines canceling flights, testing before boarding, quarantine worries, etc.) And now you have to worry about being on the ship right after this charter.  

I wish you the best in whatever you do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevonfromAcme said:

What an . . . oddly random thing to be worried about. 

Cruise ships are professionally cleaned between each sailing. 

Do they pour bleach in the crew member’s eyes and provide counseling for them? 

I can’t imagine what the mostly Muslim Indonesian crew thinks of this. I wonder if they go home with the thousand yard stare. 

• Like 2

Just checked twitter for more info regarding the death on board and encountered some of the videos of what’s happening in the public areas onboard Oasis. It’s unimaginable and can’t be described here. Oasis is forever ruined.

The captain should be fired. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zeroed said:

Just checked twitter for more info regarding the death on board and encountered some of the videos of what’s happening in the public areas onboard Oasis. It’s unimaginable and can’t be described here. Oasis is forever ruined.

I should not have read your post right before bed.  Now I’m going to have nightmares. And judging by your comments, my nightmares will probably be mild compared to what has taken place on that beautiful ship. 🛳 

I feel so bad for the people on the next sailing.  We have a B2B on Oasis in a couple months.

• Like 1

Freedom is currently docking at Coco Cay, and it is the first ship to visit Coco Cay since the Oasis charter was here yesterday.  Freedom has 2,134 passengers and over 400 are children.  I wonder how much special cleaning was done here overnight.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zeroed said:

The captain didn’t book the charter. HQ did. RC is a business. Business need to make money. Shareholders need to be happy. 
If you are truly that concerned, don’t sail on the Oasis. Keep in mind,  your “unimaginable” things are happening all over every other ship in existence. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

The captain didn’t book the charter. HQ did. RC is a business. Business need to make money. Shareholders need to be happy. 
If you are truly that concerned, don’t sail on the Oasis. Keep in mind,  your “unimaginable” things are happening all over every other ship in existence. 

You haven’t seen the pics and vids no doubt. The things that are happening in the public spaces go far beyond a simple social distance policy violation. I can’t even post descriptions here. 

Here’s a minor yet notably ironic thing. At the party by the aqua theater there are men waving very realistic looking full-size M16 assault rifles presumably toys. How the heck did they get through security to board? How is ship security not pouncing on them to make sure it’s a toy?  You can’t bring anything that looks like a surge protector but they can bring machine guns? 
The ship’s cameras are everywhere yet the captain is unaware that there is absolute chaos and sodomy in the aqua theater, pool deck, theaters and hallways that was far beyond what his security could handle? 

I think some here are under the impression that this was just a gay cruise of mostly guys like the friendly and fashionable fun loving man they work with. It isn’t. Please don’t take my word though. Go to twitter and search if you dare. You’ve been warned though. 

The captain is responsible everything onboard and for the horrible optics for RCCL and the entire cruise industry at this delicate time.  He should be held accountable. 

• Like 2