2/26 Panorama Expected Itinerary Change

travelplus

Just a few minutes ago I saw that they reversed the Ports for my Panorama Cruise. I love the new itinerary with two sea days, three port days and then a sea day before coming back to LA. For me  i really do not care the order. What I see in my Planner is that all my shore excursions are messed up meaning that they do not coincide with the days. I imagine that over the next couple of days things will even out .I do not see any shore excursions in the planner. Anyone with prior experience on a flipped itinerary? I have an independent tour in Mazatlan that will switch out the day if its available or refund my money. 

Also  I was able to move my stateroom up to Deck 9 Forward about 7 rooms down from the "Secrete Deck" and staircase up to Deck 10. I  will be standing there on sail in and sailouts(: . I love my new location and its easy access to the Lido Deck, Pizza, Blue Iguana and easy to get down to dining and up to the Serenity Deck.

The ports have been reversed since October due to propulsion problems. They probably thought that they would have the problem repaired by your cruise. The only thing that is different between our October 16th cruise and our upcoming January 29th cruise is that they have extended the time in Cabo by one hour. We are now departing at 3pm. I agree that two sea days at the start of the cruise is better because it gives you more time to decompress and enjoy the ship. Take advantage of the Sea Day Brunch. Once they rearrange the ship tours to the new schedule, then the available ship tours will show back up on the planner.

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up!  Booked on the Feb 19 cruise right before you and on Saturday the ports were in the original order, but I just looked after reading your post and our itinerary has been flipped as well!

I don't care the order either.  I do have a couple of shore excursions booked through Carnival, so I will too watch for that to get corrected.

I was holding out booking anything in Puerto Vallarta for this very scenario as it is the only port I don't plan on booking an excursion through Carnival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jakers said:

The ports have been reversed since October due to propulsion problems. They probably thought that they would have the problem repaired by your cruise. The only thing that is different between our October 16th cruise and our upcoming January 29th cruise is that they have extended the time in Cabo by one hour. We are now departing at 3pm. I agree that two sea days at the start of the cruise is better because it gives you more time to decompress and enjoy the ship. Take advantage of the Sea Day Brunch. Once they rearrange the ship tours to the new schedule, then the available ship tours will show back up on the planner.

Excellent.. Yes I love the idea of the leisurely  Sea Day Brunches  For me the itinerary change is actually a welcome treat unlike other itineraries. Also Puerto Vallarta gets extended by an hour.     I wish Carnival would have just stuck with this itinerary from Day 1 of the Panorama.

2 hours ago, jakers said:

Didn’t someone say they had the original port itinerary a week ago? For our December 24th it was Cabo last just like it has been but I thought I read here that a couple weeks ago or maybe even a week ago, it was back to Cabo first they went??? We plan on doing a redo and ours also has Cabo last just like our December cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smellywax said:

Didn’t someone say they had the original port itinerary a week ago? For our December 24th it was Cabo last just like it has been but I thought I read here that a couple weeks ago or maybe even a week ago, it was back to Cabo first they went??? We plan on doing a redo and ours also has Cabo last just like our December cruise.

Cabo is at the end as of now 

I'm fairly sure they reversed mine, then reversed it again. While, I don't care about the order, it really benefitted our Cabo stay. Before the most recent change, we were going to do I believe 7-2:30 in Cabo, which was awful. It was changed to 10-7. Much better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, travelplus said:

Cabo is at the end as of now 

Well thats interesting because the itinerary change letter i got about an hour ago is for my April 13, 2024 cruise and my March 5, 2022 cruise still shows original itinerary.  Guess i will wait for another letter.  Seems odd to get one for 2 years out first and nothing for the one in 46 days

20 minutes ago, dcsham said:

We had the original itinerary on the January 8 sailing, with Puerto Vallarta last. One thing I noticed on the last night heading back to Long Beach was a strong smell of fuel oil aft in the Havana Bar while we were under full speed. Pretty unusual from my experience. Maybe the engines weren’t handling the full steam very well. 

Oh fiddlesticks that can't be too good on a new ship.  Just imagine if it were your $95,000 brand new Porsche at full speeds!

Edited by travelplus

11 hours ago, smellywax said:

yes they did and that there were no propulsion problems.

I just wanted to say that my Carnival Panorama cruise isn't until 7/30/22 and I just got the dreaded email today that it will be in reverse order. Ughh, this pretty much means that Carnival is refusing to send the ship to go get fixed like the Carnival Horizon. I am annoyed as this means you will have a very short day in Cabo, which is my favorite among the 3 ports for that itinerary. I very much prefer the original (Sea Day - Cabo San Lucas - Mazatlán - Puerto Vallarta - Sea Day - Sea Day) itinerary instead.

54 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

I am annoyed as this means you will have a very short day in Cabo,

Everyone complains that it’s a shorter day.  It’s an earlier day, not a shorter day. It’s still about 8.5-9 hours in port.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jedishan said:

Everyone complains that it’s a shorter day.  It’s an earlier day, not a shorter day. It’s still about 8.5-9 hours in port.

I understand what you are saying, but there is a big difference between 6:30am-3pm and 10am-7pm. Nothing is open at 6:30am. You lose a lot of time waiting for restaurants, stores and vendors to open up at the port. The time available to actually do things at the port is shortened because of this. 

• Like 3

On our first Panaorama cruse in October, we had the original schedule with Cabo first, 10 am to 7 pm.

Based on this schedule we had purchased the "Swim with the Dolphins" starting at 1 pm. When they reversed the schedule, the tour was moved to 8 am. While my wife enjoys swimming with the dolphins, she doesn't enjoy getting into a cold pool  at eight in the morning. We cancelled.

5 hours ago, jedishan said:

I love the earlier day. Here is why:

After 3:00 PM we have over 30 hours until we get to Los Angeles to party and as I do not have to be at LAX on the day of departure a late sleep time is not really detrimental. I get time to see sailaway then I can stay up late. The next evening I have Cuchina Del Capitano maybe somewhere around San Diego area. I would love a delayed arrival into Long Beach as I have an overnight Hotel at LAX because of my flight schedule change.

18 hours ago, smellywax said:

Yes, last week I was aboard for the Jan. 8th sailing and we did the original itinerary and we arrived in Cabo at 10am and departed at 7pm which was very nice. Getting into Cabo at 630am when the town is fast asleep and the last tender from the dock departs at 130pm is no fun.

6 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

I just wanted to say that my Carnival Panorama cruise isn't until 7/30/22 and I just got the dreaded email today that it will be in reverse order. Ughh, this pretty much means that Carnival is refusing to send the ship to go get fixed like the Carnival Horizon. I am annoyed as this means you will have a very short day in Cabo, which is my favorite among the 3 ports for that itinerary. I very much prefer the original (Sea Day - Cabo San Lucas - Mazatlán - Puerto Vallarta - Sea Day - Sea Day) itinerary instead.

I am on the April 23rd cruise. I have not received an e-mail and the itinerary in my planner has not changed. I don’t really care which way it works out but will be glad to know so I can make plans for the ports. Also surprised they would confirm a change for July but not April, not sure what the deal is. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I bought 2 Cooking Classes onboard.  Used a gift card.  My hubby is golfing in Mazatlan. So I signed up & added another class for another day. Switching the itinerary means I need to call & cancel. More wait time on the phone … sigh …  😒

The class offered for Mazatlan is now cupcakes 🧁!  
🤣🤣  no thanks —  have made ‘a jillion +’  in my lifetime. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi

On 1/18/2022 at 7:08 PM, Markmom18 said:

Yesterday I bought 2 Cooking Classes onboard.  Used a gift card.  My hubby is golfing in Mazatlan. So I signed up & added another class for another day. Switching the itinerary means I need to call & cancel. More wait time on the phone … sigh …  😒

The class offered for Mazatlan is now cupcakes 🧁!  
🤣🤣  no thanks —  have made ‘a jillion +’  in my lifetime. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Do not cancel just yet Bobbi. I was told by resolutions to wait about a week or so and then call in. They are fixing everything.

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 6:38 PM, sanmarcosman said:

Yes, last week I was aboard for the Jan. 8th sailing and we did the original itinerary and we arrived in Cabo at 10am and departed at 7pm which was very nice. Getting into Cabo at 630am when the town is fast asleep and the last tender from the dock departs at 130pm is no fun.

Find me a Bar that opens at 6:30 AM🤣 Please don't judge me but whenever I fly early in the morning I visit the airline lounge and kick back with a tequila .

Edited by travelplus