Got Covid on Celebrity Summit. Here's the approximate timeline, for anyone interested.

Stockjock

6 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

I would contend that if there were adequate supplies of therapeutics to treat the current level of illness created by the majority of Omicron infections the CDC would not be as worried about it as it is but Omicron basically blew the system that was set up out of the water.   Prior vaccines and therapeutics had little use against it so we were virtually back to square one.

Have to disagree.  IMO we are far from being back at square one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I am amazed that the California COVID tracking ap tracked your exposure on a cruise ship!!   That is a very sensitive application or were you exposed by another California resident on the ship?

I could be wrong, but I think your state or national health agency is simply the reporting party.  But I think the apps work with any phone enabled.  In other words, if I was California and I exposed someone in or from the UK who had their app enabled, I think they would get the notification.  So I think that having your local app is probably okay, regardless of where you are.

In my case, I was probably still at sea in the Caribbean when the exposure occurred and I got a notification.  While the reporting party could have been from CA, odds were that they were not.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

s - do you think a burgundy blend or merlot would work, too???

LOL

In health and bon voyage

One would be think a blend would cover more angles than a varietal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

I would contend that if there were adequate supplies of therapeutics to treat the current level of illness created by the majority of Omicron infections the CDC would not be as worried about it as it is but Omicron basically blew the system that was set up out of the water.   Prior vaccines and therapeutics had little use against it so we were virtually back to square one.

It's been a blip of cases, the vast majority with the sniffles and congestion. Tragically, some have succumbed to the illness, but we are hardly worse off than with earlier surges. 

Just to add to the timeline, my GF has tested positive for covid, but is asymptomatic. The 2nd line on the rapid test is only faintly visible.  We are not sure if she got it on the cruise or sometime after that.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 1:25 PM, markeb said:

You mean like most of Europe has done for the last 40 years... 😀 Cameras, not cell phones.

Australia too.  Some tollroads pick up your card on entry.  Pull up to the booth to pay your toll.  Get there too early (obviously speeding) and the toll is lots bigger.

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Just to add to the timeline, my GF has tested positive for covid, but is asymptomatic. The 2nd line on the rapid test is only faintly visible.  We are not sure if she got it on the cruise or sometime after that.  

Hope your GF remains asymptotic. 

Thanks for not only reporting to us of your experience, but being a responsible citizen. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Hope your GF remains asymptotic. 

Thanks for not only reporting to us of your experience, but being a responsible citizen. 

No problem.  The last thing I want to do is spread it to others.

As a side note, the way that Celebrity did contact tracing on my cruise, and again I was not symptomatic on the cruise, but that was via cameras.

They canceled one show because a performer had been near someone who tested positive so they wanted to make sure he was negative.  I asked an officer how they made that determination, since no one wore wrist bands.  He pointed to the ceiling and said, "Cameras.  When someone tests positive for covid, we review the tapes to see where they went and who they spent time near."  I don't know specifically if those cameras have facial recognition, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Stockjock said:

No problem.  The last thing I want to do is spread it to others.

As a side note, the way that Celebrity did contact tracing on my cruise, and again I was not symptomatic on the cruise, but that was via cameras.

They canceled one show because a performer had been near someone who tested positive so they wanted to make sure he was negative.  I asked an officer how they made that determination, since no one wore wrist bands.  He pointed to the ceiling and said, "Cameras.  When someone tests positive for covid, we review the tapes to see where they went and who they spent time near."  I don't know specifically if those cameras have facial recognition, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

COVID version Big Brother.😀