What’s the ‘double last guest discount’?

dcsam

3 hours ago, dcsam said:

Anybody know what this ‘discount’ amounts to?
Thank you

Well first off, you had to sail with Viking previously to make you a Past Guest.  Could be either River or Ocean.  This makes you a member of the Explorers Society or a Past Guest.  When you book your second cruise, each person gets a $100 discount.  So double Past Guest equals $200.  When we booked our 3rd cruise there was a double past guest discount and we got $400 per person.  We usually book one cruise at a time and take it.  We don't have any OBC to lose or vouchers to use by X date.  I think any discount matters and we welcome it.

2 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Well first off, you had to sail with Viking previously to make you a Past Guest.  Could be either River or Ocean.  This makes you a member of the Explorers Society or a Past Guest.  When you book your second cruise, each person gets a $100 discount.  So double Past Guest equals $200.  When we booked our 3rd cruise there was a double past guest discount and we got $400 per person.  We usually book one cruise at a time and take it.  We don't have any OBC to lose or vouchers to use by X date.  I think any discount matters and we welcome it.

Believe it’s $200 credit when you book within 1 year of last cruise and $100 when you book within 2 years of last cruise.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, FetaCheese said:

Can confirm.  Got an email offer from V last week, Flash sale, free air, Bev pkg, 1 cat upgrade, then got a quote from TA, and would receive $400pp discount also.

Wow... I never got email offer from Viking.  May I ask what sailings are on sale?

According to my Viking rep, if you sailed within the past 12 months, your PP discount of $200pp is doubled to $400pp. If you sailed more than 2 months ago, the normal $100pp is doubled to $200pp. Brand new Viking customers receive $200pp SBC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squawkman said:

According to my Viking rep, if you sailed within the past 12 months, your PP discount of $200pp is doubled to $400pp. If you sailed more than 2 months ago, the normal $100pp is doubled to $200pp. Brand new Viking customers receive $200pp SBC. 

Did you mean to type two or twelve??

26 minutes ago, millybess said:

South America?

Curious about the current flash sales promo (FL22), I did a live chat with a Viking agent.  Basically only sailings in spring 2022 are on sales, including Mediterranean, Adriatic, and even Alaska.

4 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

We usually book one cruise at a time and take it.  We don't have any OBC to lose or vouchers to use by X date.  I think any discount matters and we welcome it.

We usually book a second cruise before (or maybe onboard) our upcoming cruise. That way we can use the six month final payment date available when you already have a cruise booked. You have to request that at the time of booking, as it is not generally offered.

I’m going to take back what I just posted about the increase in Alaska’s rates.  Tonight it looks like they’re back to where they’ve been for quite some time. For a day or two, they were higher - not the case any longer. 

11 hours ago, sleepybobo said:

Curious about the current flash sales promo (FL22), I did a live chat with a Viking agent.  Basically only sailings in spring 2022 are on sales, including Mediterranean, Adriatic, and even Alaska.

I'm in the UK and had an email about the Caribbean cruise in March. Mega discount offered.