Complimentary Covid mask?

Johnc3211

We received 4 great masks in our Holland America cabin in Dec. Will be going on a Carnival cruise on Jan. 31st. We were wondering if Carnival was going to also provide masks. The Holland masks fit perfectly, were cloth and wash easily and keep their shape.

3 hours ago, CruiseBro16 said:

I forgot to mention that there was a note that came with these saying to ask my steward for more if needed. 

I had asked our steward for another and he said he needed permission from his manager. My husband like the fit of these better as they went over his beard easier.

Guest BasicSailor

This mask looks to be vented on the side vs what was actually given out.

The vented mask protects you, but not others. Air is exhaled through the vent. 

N95 Mask

13 minutes ago, my kids mama said:

Where do you buy 50 N95 or KN95 masks for  $7?  Can you please share?  I haven't found Them anywhere close to that price. 

In early December I bought 50 KN95’s for just under $30.  Late December bought 50 for a family member, cost $50.  Now the same thing is $90!

58 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

This mask looks to be vented on the side vs what was actually given out.

The vented mask protects you, but not others. Air is exhaled through the vent. 

N95 Mask

These are not acceptable … look up at the CDC.

N95 has straps that go over and behind your head. Those are almost an automatic perfect fit. 

KN95 are less form fitting, they go over the ears.

Fabric masks are not rated for virus protection.

N95 masks are good for inhalation and exhalation protection for yourself and other humans that are near by.

Kn95 are good for both, but must be made to fit the completely to the face.

Loose fitting and cloth masks do very little in the way of protection for you and other humans that are close by.

I know, because I wear them for work. Lieutenant/Paramedic 32 years.

Edited by fireofficer5
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, normandes said:

There is no CDC rule, for cruise ships, on what mask is acceptable cause as of 15 January all CDC cruise mandates expired.

I get what you are saying.  I just think it is a good bet that the cruise lines (at least out of the U.S.) will continue to follow the CDC recommendations on acceptable masks.

I can be wrong, as my library of betamax movies will attest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Threads like these give me hope! When people are complaining about complimentary items that they should be bringing themselves, it means things are slowly returning to normal. A thread about the complimentary Sky Zone socks and T-shirts not being quality enough should be along soon and then things will feel normal. My kids still have their shirts and wear them sometimes. Normalcy and first world problems are a great sign of things to come. 😆 

• Haha 1

To clarify.....the KN95 and the K95 masks are just "recommended" by Carnival and cloth masks are just "discouraged" by Carnival correct?  Meaning I can still wear my cute sparkly cloth ones on board and that will be accepted?  TIA

4 hours ago, Top_of_the_Cube said:

I get what you are saying.  I just think it is a good bet that the cruise lines (at least out of the U.S.) will continue to follow the CDC recommendations on acceptable masks.

I can be wrong, as my library of betamax movies will attest.

5 hours ago, normandes said:

There is no CDC rule, for cruise ships, on what mask is acceptable cause as of 15 January all CDC cruise mandates expired.

Too funny, you just dated yourself with the Betamax comment😆😆😆I still think  Betamax was the better quality😄

• Like 1