Caribbean P Jan 9 to Mar 13 live review/updates

Waynetor

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Am I missing something ? Today is Feb 21 st.

Nothing to miss.  There is another thread covering the March 6 CP sailing that I and my family will be on.  I simply made the posting in both threads since it applies to both.  It came from a page on the Princess website banner entitled Update to CDC Program.

21 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s an update as of tonight:

I rechecked with the Director of Food services and was told…passenger count is currently:

Feb 27  is about 1400

Mar 6 is about 2100

Mar 13 is about 2300

Mar 19 Panama canal 1900

and

500 B2b’s on Mar 19 going CB to Panama

Of course depends on bookings and cancellations.

Are you saying March 19th is 1900 + 500 B2B's = 2400......0r is the 500 B2B's included in the 1900

Smoking is only allowed in 2 outdoor areas.  One is next to the most forward bar on deck 16.  I have not seen the other, but believe it is on the promenade deck 7.

The way I read the mask message is that it is for cruises starting March 1 and later so next week on the Caribbean P that departs Fe 27 would have same rules as current for the full voyage.

11 hours ago, Waynetor said:

Smoking is only allowed in 2 outdoor areas.  One is next to the most forward bar on deck 16.  I have not seen the other, but believe it is on the promenade deck 7.

The way I read the mask message is that it is for cruises starting March 1 and later so next week on the Caribbean P that departs Fe 27 would have same rules as current for the full voyage.

Deck 7  Aft Starboard side is the other smoking area. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Has anyone had any luck using normal texting while onboard?   I've seen some comments about the app not being useful for that so I'm hoping the normal messaging on all our family's iPhones and Androids will work.

The medallion app does provide texting capabilities BUT there's no audible alert when a test is received which makes it practically useless.

I assume you're asking about texting to others on the ship but it works for ship to any phone as well.

I'm going to use WhatsApp on our next cruise which I've heard works for both android & iPhones as long as you download the app on each one. It can be used for texting & voice calls as well as video calls if that important.

I'll be happy with just texting. 

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The medallion app does provide texting capabilities BUT there's no audible alert when a test is received which makes it practically useless.

I assume you're asking about texting to others on the ship but it works for ship to any phone as well.

I'm going to use WhatsApp on our next cruise which I've heard works for both android & iPhones as long as you download the app on each one. It can be used for texting & voice calls as well as video calls if that important.

I'll be happy with just texting. 

There will be 7 of us each with an iPhone or Android.  I'm thinking once onboard we put them in airplane mode, connect to the ship wifi then try to text each other.  I'm really not inclined to add yet another app when native tools might do the job.

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

There will be 7 of us each with an iPhone or Android.  I'm thinking once onboard we put them in airplane mode, connect to the ship wifi then try to text each other.  I'm really not inclined to add yet another app when native tools might do the job.

After adding the WhatsApp on both our android phones I was playing around with them & switched it to airplane mode and of course it didn't work any longer.

If an android phone gets switched into airplane mode it automatically switches off Wi-Fi so don't forget to switch it back on. 

I dislike adding more apps also but if it works on the ship then I'm all for it. 

5 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Has anyone had any luck using normal texting while onboard?   I've seen some comments about the app not being useful for that so I'm hoping the normal messaging on all our family's iPhones and Androids will work.

On our Jan 23rd sailing, we were able to text back home with relative ease. We also texted each other on the ship but sometimes it worked, sometimes not

You can text within the app but there are no notifications that you have a new message. So you have to go into the app and check your messages to see if someone in your party has tried to contact you.

We found that didn't work.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 8:42 PM, Waynetor said:

The number I was given for next week is 1,419 which is subject to change.  For this week the cutoff for the top 40 lunch is 390 nights.

In Ft. L today it was cloudy.  Temp was to be 77F for a high but with cool breeze it felt cooler.

Disembraking started at 7:15.  All passengers were called by 9 but the last passenger did not leave until 9:35.  Getting back on the ship did not take too long after that.  There were less than 200 doing B2B this week.

NCAA basketball is being shown on in cabin TV as well as in Churchill lounge.

WAYNE THIS IS FOR YOU

We were supposed to go on a cruise on the Island last year and you were going to help me at the Meet and Mingle. Hope you remember me?

If you get a chance go up to deck 9 mid ship where the mini-suites are in the morning when the cabin stewards are working. Ask for Terrance. He was mine for two weeks over the holidays and we became friends. In fact he is leaving on March 6th to go home to India and I am picking him up and taking him to breakfast/lunch and driving him to airport in Miami. Too funny I had to ask him how much luggage he has cause I have a corvette and wanted to make sure it would fit............lol

He is incredible. If you need anything ask him and he will do it.

Tell him I said HI. We talk on What's App along with the Deck supervisor for that deck. Supervisor had to leave a week after I left his mom died in India. Will be back on Caribbean end of April but we also talk on What's App.

Hope your having fun on the cruise.

If your in club class let me know and I will tell you some people to ask for or for the customer service desk supervisor. He gave me a Stanley Bear on NYE

Kathy

Kathy we are not on club class.  We have had some issues which I have not gone into here yet but am a familiar face at the service desk.  The supervisor here left about 4 weeks ago and a new one is on now.

On Monday night the theatre was full except a few single seats for the only show so for the rest of the week there will be 2 shows nightly.

Yesterday they had a special trivia at 2:22 pm to celebrate the 2/22/2022 date.  All questions had 2 or 22 as part of the question.

Heavy rain in port area as we docked in St. Thomas today but turned out to be a very nice day.  We were followed into port by a NCL and Disney ship.  We are here until 9:30 tonight.  Last night we got a note in the cabin that between 5 and 5:30 the ship would be moving to a new berth so leaving or re-boarding during that time, but we did not move. 

4 hours ago, Waynetor said:

Kathy we are not on club class.  We have had some issues which I have not gone into here yet but am a familiar face at the service desk.  The supervisor here left about 4 weeks ago and a new one is on now.

On Monday night the theatre was full except a few single seats for the only show so for the rest of the week there will be 2 shows nightly.

Yesterday they had a special trivia at 2:22 pm to celebrate the 2/22/2022 date.  All questions had 2 or 22 as part of the question.

Heavy rain in port area as we docked in St. Thomas today but turned out to be a very nice day.  We were followed into port by a NCL and Disney ship.  We are here until 9:30 tonight.  Last night we got a note in the cabin that between 5 and 5:30 the ship would be moving to a new berth so leaving or re-boarding during that time, but we did not move. 

Wayne

You could still go up to deck 9 and see Terrance...............lol

Kathy

I’m on Caribbean Princess now as well (2022-02-24). I’m Canadian and was planning on getting my PCR test to fly home upon disembarkation, as stated on Princess’ website:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

I decided to check with Guest Services today to see if I needed to book a testing time, or if it was walk-in. I was advised that Princess no longer provides COVID testing for Canadians (and most likely other non-US nationalities). The only solution provided was to “check at the airport”. I was told that this change in policy only occurred a few days ago - something about running out of test kits?

Fortunately, I purchased a few proctored PCR and Antigen tests before I left home, so I should be OK.

This is just a heads-up for the consideration of those following me who may be affected by this unpublished change to Princess’ policy.

Also, I would be glad to help answer any questions you might have about this ship and this sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetJock_YHZ said:

I’m on Caribbean Princess now as well (2022-02-24). I’m Canadian and was planning on getting my PCR test to fly home upon disembarkation, as stated on Princess’ website:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

I decided to check with Guest Services today to see if I needed to book a testing time, or if it was walk-in. I was advised that Princess no longer provides COVID testing for Canadians (and most likely other non-US nationalities). The only solution provided was to “check at the airport”. I was told that this change in policy only occurred a few days ago - something about running out of test kits?

Fortunately, I purchased a few proctored PCR and Antigen tests before I left home, so I should be OK.

This is just a heads-up for the consideration of those following me who may be affected by this unpublished change to Princess’ policy.

Also, I would be glad to help answer any questions you might have about this ship and this sailing.

Ahh that's frustrating ! I'm sailing on the next sailing (Feb 27) and booked it with this as a big selling feature, so it was one less stress to worry about. But with that, we are staying in FLL one more night so I'm sure I'll find something...it helps it's only an antigen needed by then thankfully! 

Great back up in having the proctored tests in hand, but there's still no mention of this change on the Q&A. While I know they can change this at any moment, its tough when it's very evident that it should be covered at disembarkation. 

Edited by DMParisHoneymoon

For Covid tests in FLL, try Lab Doctors (check out their site) on 17th St, the plaza across from Embassy Suites.  They do walk in, rapid test for $49 and PCR .

FLL airport (check out their site) also does Covid testing. I think baggage area terminal 3, rapid $69(?) and PCR.

For the past few cruises from FLL, Covid tests, for International cruisers were done after you left baggage area, dock side.

On Princess webinair yesterday, someone asked about post cruise testing and the Senior VP, North Americia, said Covid testing for international passengers were still free and he specially mentioned Canadian needing a rapid test now. .

Edited by phabric
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HSBC said:

Jet Jock_YHZ

Did you order Ocean Medallion in Canada prior to your cruise?  Or did you pick it up at the cruise terminal?

I heard that Princess doesn't send out any Ocean Medallion outside USA.

Thanks!

Only USA get their medallions send to them.  When you order your medallion on MedallionClass app, it asks if you want it to be mailed to you or pick up at dock side.  Canadians pick their medallion at checkin.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, phabric said:

Only USA get their medallions send to them.  When you order your medallion on MedallionClass app, it asks if you want it to be mailed to you or pick up at dock side.  Canadians pick their medallion at checkin.

Spot on!

Cheers