Government free Covid tests

Grammyluvs

These are the non proctored tests. So I dont think so. With that said they will be handy for pre travel testing. I plan to use mine prior to flying down to Fort Lauderdale. Much rather find out if I am positive before I leave home.

Then take the proctored test once we are ready to board of course.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pathi said:

These are the non proctored tests. So I dont think so. With that said they will be handy for pre travel testing. I plan to use mine prior to flying down to Fort Lauderdale. Much rather find out if I am positive before I leave home.

Then take the proctored test once we are ready to board of course.

Same here.  They probably are the self test BinaxNOW over the counter.

Won’t know until they arrive.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:57 AM, disneyochem said:

In addition to calling and speaking to a restaurant manager on my first room service order, you are able to select gf bread on your sandwiches.

I don’t worry about vodka in drinks (just the mixes) so pure vodka is gf.  I know that there is some discussion about vodka being gf or not, but as a chemist, vodka is gf.  I don’t drink the flavored vodkas.  Grey Goose, Tito’s, Smirnoff’s, Absolut—all gf regardless of the grain from which they are distilled.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/vodka-be-marketed-as-gluten-free/

I also bring gf food with me on a trip—oatmeal, cereal, crackers, nuts, cookies—but, outside of an occasional bottle of wine, no hard spirits.

Do you have a Nima?  I bring mine on the cruise to test my food as well.

Edited by pedirn
Delete…wrong thread

48 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

For what it's worth since there not acceptable for getting on the ship.

I'll be bringing a couple to test before going home. 

https://www.covidtests.gov/

why - especially if I've been double vax and boosted ? - what is the need to continue with any testing for ourselves? - why keep worrying about infecting others - take care of yourself and let others do the same - make decisions - it's not like this is all new now - it's over 2 years going on

rant

• Like 9

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

why - especially if I've been double vax and boosted ? - what is the need to continue with any testing for ourselves? - why keep worrying about infecting others - take care of yourself and let others do the same - make decisions - it's not like this is all new now - it's over 2 years going on

rant

Right, and what if someone tests positive and has no symptoms, are they really sick? How is having no symptoms being sick?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Right, and what if someone tests positive and has no symptoms, are they really sick? How is having no symptoms being sick?

I should add that they might pass it on to someone else who has no symptoms. But, I guess they could (even with a small viral load?) pass it on to someone vulnerable because they refused to be vaccinated. Well, that was their choice not to get vaccinated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

rant

I just though I might as well test myself at the end of the cruise to see where I stand. 

Princess doesn't since I'm getting off the ship and it is free. 

So why not?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

rant

One of my wife's quilting friends is an MD. She is always masked and is extremely careful at work. She is double vaxxed and has had the booster. She recently tested positive. (They are frequently tested where she works.) She said it felt "like a mild cold" but she did the required 5 day quarantine as she was still able to transmit it to others - whether vaxxed or not.

I agree that those who choose not to get vaccinated are putting themselves at risk and I don't feel responsible for their decision but...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

rant

I worry about infecting others who wished they could be vaccinated but can’t due to medical reasons 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

With this virus you can pass the virus on to others even if you are asymptomatic. That is the problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

rant

With this virus you can pass the virus on to others even if you are asymptomatic. That is the problem. In addition each time it replicates there is a high chance of it mutating.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

rant

And right there is the problem with this country right now.  No concern for others.  

• Like 4