Cheers - first time ever!

cellfree

We like the Twilight Zone (pina colada with Midori and Blue Curacao added). Partner likes the Mocha Chocolate Escape as a dessert drink. Lots of tasty frozen drinks at Red Frog and Blue Iguana. The specialty dining restaurants have good special cocktails if you are in there.

I might be one of the few that doesn't rush to Alchemy. If you haven't tried it though then it's worth checking out, because you might like it.

One thing to also know if you like drinks of just plain whiskey, etc. You can't order a "double" pour with Cheers. The first pour of the drink counts as one whole drink, so you have to wait 5 minutes before they can charge you again for another drink. It's kind of a pain.

• Like 1

I loved the spiked coffees at Blue Java! My favorite was the Irish Coffee (coffee with Irish cream and jameson Irish whiskey), but added to a cappuccino. Give a little extra tip the first day and I had no problem with the crew member adding it to a cappuccino instead of a regular Americano coffee.

In October, I basically worked my way down the Alchemy menu. Except things with tequila or gin. 

Same with Serenity’s bar menu. 

The Italian Nightclub (that might not be it) in the dining room is really good. As is the tiramisu martini. And my favorite drink will always be a Grey Goose lemon drop on the rocks. 

• Like 1

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

• All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $20.00 or lower menu price 
  • Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages
  • Packaged water in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants
  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the guest folio when this program is used within US waters. The tax is based on the state's tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily program rate). For example: if the drink price is $5 and the tax is 10%, the guest's Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.50 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call). Cheers Package is inclusive of VAT, if and as applicable on European cruises. 

15 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

You can use your on-board credit to purchase cheers prior to sailing if your cruise if Mid-March or later.

Thanks!  We sail in February so I guess we may wait to purchase once we are underway which maybe more expensive, I think. 

On 1/19/2022 at 6:33 PM, famof4togo said:

My AM favorites are bloody mary's, mimosa's and bellini's.

Pool side  - Miami Vice (half pina colada / half strawberry daiquiri) or sex on the beach.

Evening - Pineapple / Jalapeno martini, plain ole champagne (sparkling wine more likely), or a lemon drops...

Mmmmmm lemon drops.:..(in Homer Simpson’s voice)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/19/2022 at 8:55 PM, beerman2 said:

Deal Closer from Achlemy Bar as mentioned above. A chocolate lovers dream.

I don't think that's the name of it, but you will see it. It may be chipotle pineapple... I'm sure I'll get bashed if thatvisnt correct. It is very good though!

On 1/20/2022 at 2:08 PM, CruiserLucas said:

We like the Twilight Zone (pina colada with Midori and Blue Curacao added). Partner likes the Mocha Chocolate Escape as a dessert drink. Lots of tasty frozen drinks at Red Frog and Blue Iguana. The specialty dining restaurants have good special cocktails if you are in there.

I might be one of the few that doesn't rush to Alchemy. If you haven't tried it though then it's worth checking out, because you might like it.

One thing to also know if you like drinks of just plain whiskey, etc. You can't order a "double" pour with Cheers. The first pour of the drink counts as one whole drink, so you have to wait 5 minutes before they can charge you again for another drink. It's kind of a pain.

That twilight zone is good!

Mimosas (with pineapple juice) in the morning

Tropical drinks during the day - mojitos, Twilight Zone, Kiss on the Lips, Miami Vice, etc

Champagne and/or Bellinis at night

And water, lots of water in between or with drinks.  But I like the "cheap" bottled water, no Evian or Perrier for me.  😂 

25 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

I don't think that's the name of it, but you will see it. It may be chipotle pineapple... I'm sure I'll get bashed if thatvisnt correct. It is very good though!

😂😂 Google can be your friend, “Deal Closer” it is. Had many of them 😂😂.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:12 PM, famof4togo said:

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

• All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $20.00 or lower menu price 
  • Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages
  • Packaged water in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants
  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the guest folio when this program is used within US waters. The tax is based on the state's tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily program rate). For example: if the drink price is $5 and the tax is 10%, the guest's Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.50 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call). Cheers Package is inclusive of VAT, if and as applicable on European cruises. 

This topic has been super informative thank you everyone!  I'm sailing on the Mardi Gras 2/5 (Soooo Close!!!) and have started looking at some of the menus for the locations on the ship! Would anyone be able to help with the following? I have the Cheers package so would I still be able to order :

The Growler from Pig and Anchor (would the 25% discount apply and then could I use the package for the refills?)

The tasting flights (beer and whiskey?)

Get the "Hog Size It" even if I have to pay for the glass separate would I be able to get it refilled on package?

These totally aren't deal breakers I'm just getting really excited and don't want to miss out on anything or look foolish when ordering!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 7:04 PM, ninjacat123 said:

If you like tequila ask for a Fiery Tropical Martini at Alchemy. Not on menu but very tasty with a bit of mango heat.  My DH orders the Caribbean Manhattan also not on Alchemy menu. !!

Hmm, I wonder if the AB can make me a Tropical Cable Car?  I don't even remember what's in it, but, I had it on HAL to Alaska and loved it! 

Edited to say, here is the recipe from HAL, yum! 

Ingredients:
1 ounce Captain Morgan
1 ounce Malibu Rum
1 ounce house-made sour
1 ounce pineapple juice
Dash Angostura Bitters
1/8th Grapefruit wedge

Mix ingredients together with ice and pour into a martini glass.

Edited by maureencruiser
added recipe
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, CheersPkg4Us said:

About anything from the Alchemy Bar. Be sure to ask for premium brands on mixed drinks at other bars such as Gentlemen Jack, Bombay Sapphire, Gray Goose or Don Julio ...ect. my wife really likes the Chocolate Mocha Getaway from about any bar not named Alchemy.

Is this only at the Alchemy bar or could I do this anywhere with a cocktail? This is awesome btw!