Oasis: Junior Suite vs Ultra Spacious Balcony

jrapps

Considering doing a RoyalUp for an upcoming sailing on the Oasis of the Seas. We have an Oceanview Balcony room booked now and am trying to decide which is more "worth it", the Junior Suite or Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony. Seems to me the Ultra Spacious is a bigger room, and has bunk beds which the kids would LOVE. 

Is there a compelling reason to choose the JS over that? I know we don't get double C&A points on a RoyalUp (and don't really need them anyway). Has anyone stayed in either (or both) and can give me your opinion. Do all the "Ultra" rooms have bunk beds?

6 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Considering doing a RoyalUp for an upcoming sailing on the Oasis of the Seas. We have an Oceanview Balcony room booked now and am trying to decide which is more "worth it", the Junior Suite or Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony. Seems to me the Ultra Spacious is a bigger room, and has bunk beds which the kids would LOVE. 

Is there a compelling reason to choose the JS over that? I know we don't get double C&A points on a RoyalUp (and don't really need them anyway). Has anyone stayed in either (or both) and can give me your opinion. Do all the "Ultra" rooms have bunk beds?

I'd try for ultra, but they are a lot rarer than JS's to begin with. Good luck

28 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Own beds in the ultra vs sharing a sofabed in the JS.  I know what my kids would say.

We've stayed in both. My preference is the Jr. Suite (also attained through a RoyalUp) because I love the larger cabin/walkin closet/proper bathroom. I also much prefer CK for dinner over the MDR. When we were in the suite, I only had one of my kids with me, so she was okay with the sofa bed. In the balcony room, I was with both my kids, so the pullmans were essential. They would not have enjoyed sharing a sofa bed (teenagers at the time, 18M and 15F).

I don't believe the Jr. Suite has pullmans. Depending on family dynamics, that might be a real difference-maker in the overall enjoyment of the cruise.

39 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

We've stayed in both. My preference is the Jr. Suite (also attained through a RoyalUp) because I love the larger cabin/walkin closet/proper bathroom. I also much prefer CK for dinner over the MDR. When we were in the suite, I only had one of my kids with me, so she was okay with the sofa bed. In the balcony room, I was with both my kids, so the pullmans were essential. They would not have enjoyed sharing a sofa bed (teenagers at the time, 18M and 15F).

I don't believe the Jr. Suite has pullmans. Depending on family dynamics, that might be a real difference-maker in the overall enjoyment of the cruise.

There are some JS that sleep 5, that includes a Pullman...on Oasis class ships 

Edited by Scoobydobe7

26 minutes ago, emory2001 said:

For most Ultra Spacious rooms (with sleeping capacity up to 6), you have to have at least 5 people to book them. 

Not for a Royal Up

And they've really relaxed those rules lately anyway. Laura is doing solo on Serenade in the Ultra Spacious OV. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrapps said:

Seems to me the Ultra Spacious is a bigger room and has bunk beds which the kids would LOVE. 

I overlooked that part on my first reply - save the Royal Up money and consider getting a second cabin.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, emory2001 said:

For most Ultra Spacious rooms (with sleeping capacity up to 6), you have to have at least 5 people to book them. 

I've had no issues in booking them with 3  or more guests in the past couple years.  Royal changed the booking requirements on these at the same time that they changed the occupancy requirement for some of the larger suites.

• Like 1