Apex Aqua Class

Julma

Are there any bad (obstructed view, loud) Aqua class rooms?  I was thinking about putting a move up bid in, but I don't want a bad room.  We are in a Sky Suite the week before and I thought maybe I'd be better off asking once I'm onboard about moving up the following week..  Maybe they could tell me the room I'd be bidding on.  

With the IV cabins the view is primarily straight out unless you stick you head out the window.  There are some Aqua cabins next to a bump out and those would have some obstruct the view but not significant.  

As for bidding doubtful that anyone on board would be able to tell you what cabin you would be bidding on.  The Move Up bidding is done by computer and I think it is outsourced.  

Been discussed often.  The IV rooms are an acquired taste.  While Blu food is good the venue is in a weird spot compared to S Class.   Frankly, I'd prefer dining next time on E class in the 4 unique main restaurants.  If there's a sunset veranda to bid on, that might be a consideration.  Enjoy your cruises whichever you choose. 

Edited by marieps

I'm on a B2B on the Apex.  We have a Sky Suite week one and an IV week 2.  The bid from IV to Aqua is $70pp.   Never been on the Apex, but have done the Edge a few times and always had a suite.  This time, with the low passenger numbers, thought we'd save some money and not do a suite the second week.  Our last cruise in November the suite only areas were crowded.

For $70 pp I would take the offer.   If there are a lot of cabins available I doubt that they would give you the worse one.    Even if you had a so called obstructed how would it affect anything?    How often do you sit on the balcony looking out?   If you want a view go to a different deck and sit their.  When I am sitting on the balcony I look in one direction,  if their is a obstruction I look the other way and it disappears. It is like framing a photo or movie 

In AQ you get the Persian gardens and also the option of using the MDRs   

You also get the others amenities  of AQ,  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

If you are in a Sky Suite the first leg going to any veranda cabin the second leg would be a huge letdown. Why not try to bid up to another Sky Suite?  Other than Blu, Aqua cabins are still IV cabins and just like most other non suite cabins. 

40 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

If you are in a Sky Suite the first leg going to any veranda cabin the second leg would be a huge letdown. Why not try to bid up to another Sky Suite?  Other than Blu, Aqua cabins are still IV cabins and just like most other non suite cabins. 

The Sky Suite is $2000 more.  We did a B2B in a SS in October and wanted to change it up.  I'll certainly let everyone know how I felt about moving "down".  If the ship were full,  the Retreat was not or I could isolate in my cabin, this would be a different decision.