Has anyone booked Jubilee out of Galveston?

firefly333

6 hours ago, kitten816 said:

Is she going to have anything new from Mardi Gras, from what I saw in the comparisons, I see Jubilee with 2 less bars and minus Emeril's

I watched his video finally and the to be reveled areas. The ship is sure laid out different.

Excuse his carnival enthusiasm.. he is a carnival guy.

5 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you for the valuable information.  We have a one way England cruise coming up on NCL to Amsterdam in June so it’s a great help!!

I'm happy to help.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise in June.

Graham.

• Like 1

This is one of the times that a change my company made a few years ago will actually help me! I had 4 weeks vacation accrued but it was often hard to take more than a week at a time. They then changed to something called My Time, where we no longer have a preset number of days of PTO... just get it approved by your manager (and it's much easier to do now) and you can get the time off. What I've found since this began is I often don't end up taking my full increment of PTO each year.

This was especially designed to allow us to do things like this TA, where I'll be taking at least 3 weeks, if not more with the time I'll spend in London before the cruise as well as driving home to Florida from Galveston afterwards (I'll need to fly out from Houston and leave my car there since I have to drop the fur monsters off at my daughter's to watch for us while we're gone).

So I've already given my boss a heads up that I'll be out of office for the better part of November, 2023!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival is building a port off of Belize City.

I've seen the island where they are working on that but it looks like it is still going to require tendering from to the mainland but will be from the island instead of directly from the ship. I don't know all the facts on this but that would seem to still exclude the huge ships.

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

I've seen the island where they are working on that but it looks like it is still going to require tendering from to the mainland but will be from the island instead of directly from the ship. I don't know all the facts on this but that would seem to still exclude the huge ships.

I thought the same thing when we passed by it in our shuttle boat on our Vista cruise back in August. Why would they do that, if you STILL have to shuttle to shore? Perhaps they are building a private island exclusive to Carnival Corp fleets? I dunno. 

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I thought the same thing when we passed by it in our shuttle boat on our Vista cruise back in August. Why would they do that, if you STILL have to shuttle to shore? Perhaps they are building a private island exclusive to Carnival Corp fleets? I dunno. 

Not sure. I'm guessing docking vs anchoring will provide some advantages.

Guest BasicSailor
18 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Don't even know if we like Mardi Gras or Celebration yet. And Carnival is supposed to be getting a second hand ship this (?) Year. And another XL ship in the future. Think we'll wait on this one 

Any new info on this Secondhand ship? Will it be from the Carnival family?

Guest BasicSailor
25 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Costa Magica. A destiny class ship.

Destiny class 😌 Thanks, I'll do some homework through google.

3 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Any new info on this Secondhand ship? Will it be from the Carnival family?

Some. Yes.

It will need to be Sunshined, and renamed, of course. As there is no more Destiny class, it will become Sunshine class. It will be interesting to see what Costa remnants they don't/can't get rid of. Of course some things will be odd anyway, since Farcus designed for Carnival and Costa.

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Like Triumph, Victory. I don’t know if they plan to sunshine/sunrise/radiance it but it’s that type of ship.

Google found this,  Carnival's original Destiny class vessels that include Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Sunrise, and Carnival Radiance.Costa Magica will undergo a formal drydock and transformation before joining the fleet in mid-2022. The vessel's new name and features have yet to be announced

Guest BasicSailor
5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

This site has hicups ,lol

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Some. Yes.

It will need to be Sunshined, and renamed, of course. As there is no more Destiny class, it will become Sunshine class. It will be interesting to see what Costa remnants they don't/can't get rid of. Of course some things will be odd anyway, since Farcus designed for Carnival and Costa.

I was wondering why sources were saying Destiny Class. As I am in agreement with you.

Edited by BasicSailor

Guest BasicSailor

Still makes me curious as to why Carnival would take on another Destiny type ship especially in covid times?  

Costa Magica will undergo a formal drydock and transformation before joining the fleet in mid-2022. The vessel's new name and features have yet to be announced.

5 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Still makes me curious as to why Carnival would take on another Destiny type ship especially in covid times?  

Costa Magica will undergo a formal drydock and transformation before joining the fleet in mid-2022. The vessel's new name and features have yet to be announced.

Destiny class (along with Fantasy class) can visit ports larger ships can't (like Cuba). Magica is the "youngest" ship of all of them. Carnival did lose 4 Fantasy class ships to the pandemic.

10 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Costa is part of the parent company's ships or it was. So moving a ship around in the same family isnt the same as taking on some outside ship. 

Guest BasicSailor
4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Destiny class (along with Fantasy class) can visit ports larger ships can't (like Cuba). Magica is the "youngest" ship of all of them. Carnival did lose 4 Fantasy class ships to the pandemic.

Thats' true but mid 22?  You would think they're going to keep these ships full enough to sail?

Guest BasicSailor
9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Costa is part of the parent company's ships or it was. So moving a ship around in the same family isnt the same as taking on some outside ship. 

Agree, still makes me curious as to why the switch. Costa may have trouble filling their ships.

10 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Thats' true but mid 22?  You would think they're going to keep these ships full enough to sail?

I am doubting that timeline, but all of Carnival's current ships will be back in service before summer, and summer is the busiest season for cruising with higher prices.

They could do a sunshine in a couple of months, but they need to start selling cruises soon if the ship is going to sail this summer 

OTOH, some time ago I wondered out loud if the ship might take over the Europe cruises that Pride is going to do this summer. Hmmm 

15 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Agree, still makes me curious as to why the switch. Costa may have trouble filling their ships.

This isn't the first Costa ship that came to Carnival. Splendor was being constructed as a Costa ship when moved to Carnival 

Guest BasicSailor
7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

This isn't the first Costa ship that came to Carnival. Splendor was being constructed as a Costa ship when moved to Carnival 

I remember that as well, further research shows Carnival will be taking on another Excel- class ship in 2023, previously assigned to AIDA Cruises. Strange times indeed.