Premium Drinks Package-Upgrade Worth It?

granddutchess

16 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

If it is, I also wonder if maybe I can just upgrade on board for the $12/$13 anyway?

Advice appreciated, I don't want to be pressing them for something I'm not entitled to but this doesn't sound right reading what all of you are saying.

Yes you can do that in every bar or restaurant. 

No big deal, we was asked on our first lunch in oceanview cafe, and my partner did the upgrade. We did not found it worth it though since most wines he liked was around 11USD, and he simply didn't drink enough. But if you like pellegrino and evian water, that is also included. The vitamine water with dragon fruit, which both of us like was unfortunately sold out, but that is also included in the package. I found the spring water included in classic package to be very good, and i also like they put in an aluminium bottle. 

We did a b2b and did not buy the upgraded package on the second cruise, and my partner just paid the two dollar difference up to the 11usd glass wine he liked, and surprisingly  enough 50% of the time, they didn't bother to even charge him for the 2usd, and never bought a slip. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sgadk87 said:

I found the spring water included in classic package to be very good, and i also like they put in an aluminium bottle. 

Watch out opening those aluminum cans of water as you can slice a finger or thumb. Very poorly designed. 

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

You have to tell me the secret word you used to get Decoy as one of the bottles of wine! 

@DaKahunaNothing. Honestly I was surprised to see it also exchanged the Pinot Grigio for a second Decoy which I brought home. Then on the last night a bottle of Chilean cabernet was in my cabin. Maybe they really liked me, not sure why but I did send a note to my CVP thanking him for all his efforts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@DaKahunaNothing. Honestly I was surprised to see it also exchanged the Pinot Grigio for a second Decoy which I brought home. Then on the last night a bottle of Chilean cabernet was in my cabin. Maybe they really liked me, not sure why but I did send a note to my CVP thanking him for all his efforts. 

Luck of the Irish or something like that i guess.   We normally receive the generic Red and White.  On our last cruise we 'donated' the wine to our cabin attendant.  He seemed very appreciative.  If I know we are not going to be drinking it why not give it away.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am sailing in a month on the Ascent and just got an email about upgrading my drink package.  I clicked on the celebrity app and saw that to upgrade right now from classic to premium it was 7.99$ pp/day so I did it. I want my martinis and frozen drinks included and that seemed like a good deal (55% savings).  Not sure if I just caught a flash sale or if this is the normal cost. 

1 hour ago, Southseid said:

I am sailing in a month on the Ascent and just got an email about upgrading my drink package.  I clicked on the celebrity app and saw that to upgrade right now from classic to premium it was 7.99$ pp/day so I did it. I want my martinis and frozen drinks included and that seemed like a good deal (55% savings).  Not sure if I just caught a flash sale or if this is the normal cost. 

They started having that sale about a week or so ago.   Looks like for cruises 2024 my cruise coming up next week still has the wonderful 18.99 for upgrade.   I still did it as I drink a ton of sparkling water and fresh juices from spa cafe 

Granted we were on B2B Edge cruises back in February/March.  Not current. 

Upgrading to premium for drinks was great.  No problem getting the fancy drinks that I wanted or the better scotch for DH.

However - wine was a different story.  Every "premium" wine was never available by the glass in the dining rooms for dinner except for the specialty restaurants.  And even then, they were hit or miss.

But they were available by the bottle.  Gee, what a surprise!

Quite disappointed.  If you care more about wine than drinks you too will be disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

Just keep watching and you might get lucky and see this price that was happening quite often a few weeks ago. 

IMG_1509.thumb.png.10527bac0156800c50d33b7f22bec8a1.png

YES - That is what I paid! I mistyped and couldn't figure out how to correct it!...When they billed me they added a 20% gratuity so I paid a total of $117.32 for the two of us to upgrade from Classic to the Premium drink package.  

2 hours ago, Southseid said:

YES - That is what I paid! I mistyped and couldn't figure out how to correct it!...When they billed me they added a 20% gratuity so I paid a total of $117.32 for the two of us to upgrade from Classic to the Premium drink package.  

I got that today too.

34 minutes ago, Rudy888 said:

Anyone ever upgrade and then want to cancel the upgrade? Is that possible?

I assume it is. I phoned Celebrity and cancelled what I had paid initially for the upgrade and booked the $6.99 price. So don’t see why you just couldn’t cancel. 

4 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

Granted we were on B2B Edge cruises back in February/March.  Not current. 

Upgrading to premium for drinks was great.  No problem getting the fancy drinks that I wanted or the better scotch for DH.

However - wine was a different story.  Every "premium" wine was never available by the glass in the dining rooms for dinner except for the specialty restaurants.  And even then, they were hit or miss.

But they were available by the bottle.  Gee, what a surprise!

Quite disappointed.  If you care more about wine than drinks you too will be disappointed.

Sailing solo next week so bring a bottle onboard although they have 2 bottles of cabernet waiting in my cabin and  I take  those to dinner usually they are excellent wines which they sell by the bottle and enough for 10 nights.  I buy drinks as needed still cheaper than purchasing a package

34 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Sailing solo next week so bring a bottle onboard although they have 2 bottles of cabernet waiting in my cabin and  I take  those to dinner usually they are excellent wines which they sell by the bottle and enough for 10 nights.  I buy drinks as needed still cheaper than purchasing a package

Why do you get two bottles of wine in your cabin?  Is this something to do with how many times you have been on a Celebrity cruise?

6 hours ago, Southseid said:

Mine is still hanging out at 13.99

5 minutes ago, Southseid said:

Why do you get two bottles of wine in your cabin?  Is this something to do with how many times you have been on a Celebrity cruise?

Probably. They are just in my cabin on embarkation day with a card. 

20 minutes ago, purpleally said:

Mine is still hanging out at 13.99

Did you look at it through the phone App, instead of online??? When I looked online it was much more but when I clicked on my Celebrity phone app there was the Premium Drink upgrade sale of $6.99 pp/day (53% off).  I also upgraded the WIFI during a flash 55% off sale. 

34 minutes ago, Southseid said:

Did you look at it through the phone App, instead of online??? When I looked online it was much more but when I clicked on my Celebrity phone app there was the Premium Drink upgrade sale of $6.99 pp/day (53% off).  I also upgraded the WIFI during a flash 55% off sale. 

Thanks. I’ll check it out. Cheers!

On 11/12/2023 at 4:16 PM, Southseid said:

I always get two bottles, one from Aqua class, and one from my travel agent (American Express Platinum Travel)... Honestly, it's such a waste since I'm also getting a beverage package, so I never drink the wine, and I haven't figured out anything good to do with it.

1 hour ago, someguyfl said:

I always get two bottles, one from Aqua class, and one from my travel agent (American Express Platinum Travel)... Honestly, it's such a waste since I'm also getting a beverage package, so I never drink the wine, and I haven't figured out anything good to do with it.

My Celebrity CVP adds them to my booking usually 2 cabs. This morning I went out and bought a villa maria private reserve SV which I'll bring to enjoy on balcony with afternoon cheese and crackers.  I leave Sunday 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

My Celebrity CVP adds them to my booking usually 2 cabs. This morning I went out and bought a villa maria private reserve SV which I'll bring to enjoy on balcony with afternoon cheese and crackers.  I leave Sunday 

Enjoy you wine and cruise. 

• Thanks 1