Weather Concerns

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Pack some warm clothes .....

image.thumb.png.640ea199cf2dd81fb44d7f2fd0763c9b.png

Oh the panic.  😉  Back home, those levels of 'wind chills' in January are called 'a January Thaw' (the previous Farmer's Almanac 'nickname' is now gone as no longer PC).  🤫

From local Miami forecast.  It's going to be brutal.  😆

Weather.JPG.bb4f950365f1746287aa3efabb48c467.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Always laughs when people compare FL weather to that up north....when it gets into the 20/30's in FL....ITS COLD by any standards....but by FL standards....thats brutal damaging weather.

Was really just having fun.  No intent otherwise.

Yes, we too laugh (sarcastic, humorous like society was pre-PC) down here in the winter versus back home in the north when we see the reaction to anything less than sunshine, heat and humidity.  It's fun.

Also, just referring to south Florida.  Florida is so darn 'big' (geographically) by our standards - north to south and east to west. 

The weather is as disparate above south Florida (which was my Miami weather reference regarding the Port of Miami re: the OP's departure) (i.e., also home, only in 'winter' season) as it is below upper New England (i.e., home, now only in the opposite 'summer' season).

Again, no offense intended.

FLORIDA.JPG.54982795d29ff2fff722cd83ad6733be.JPG

590206444_hOME(2).JPG.2148443fcf8e189a58ed0318c8509839.JPG

• Like 1

Saw up to 2000 flight cancellations into/out of and in the country already tomorrow.

"Boston's Logan airport, which is a hub city for JetBlue and Delta Air Lines (DAL), has 257 cancellations. For Saturday, JetBlue (JBLU) has axed 50% of its schedule. About 13% of American's schedule and 12% of United's (UAL) schedule for Saturday has also been canceled."

Glad you're getting out today!

My sis in Boston is actually looking forward to 2+ feet of snow. But she won't have to go anywhere this weekend and lives in apartment with underground parking.

The cancellation started in NYC/NJ area.  Delta direct flights to FLL/MIA all cancelled for 1/29.  Very very very few options left for 1/30 departure that will meet the ship on time flying on Delta in the NYC/NJ area… the hoops we jump through to get on a cruise ship!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Saw up to 2000 flight cancellations into/out of and in the country already tomorrow.

"Boston's Logan airport, which is a hub city for JetBlue and Delta Air Lines (DAL), has 257 cancellations. For Saturday, JetBlue (JBLU) has axed 50% of its schedule. About 13% of American's schedule and 12% of United's (UAL) schedule for Saturday has also been canceled."

Glad you're getting out today!

My sis in Boston is actually looking forward to 2+ feet of snow. But she won't have to go anywhere this weekend and lives in apartment with underground parking.

The cancellation numbers are increasing for tomorrow, including the 5:30am flight that the OP had switched to.  Hope he gets out today!

May be an image of text

5 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

Well I hope they keep us updated because the suspense is going to kill me.

I think the OP mentioned arriving in Charlotte around 9:30 pm.  There is a Delta flight leaving Logan at 7:50pm which appears to be on time.  Hope that is their flight and they at least arrive in Charlotte tonight.

Looking at departures, there are a ton of canceled and delayed flights.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mek said:

I think the OP mentioned arriving in Charlotte around 9:30 pm.  There is a Delta flight leaving Logan at 7:50pm which appears to be on time.  Hope that is their flight and they at least arrive in Charlotte tonight.

I thought they mentioned American not sure.  

2 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I thought they mentioned American not sure.  

There is an earlier American flight that has left and is arriving at 9:19 - let's hope that is the one they are on

I'm in Virginia, we only got about  2 to3 inches of snow here in Southwest Virginia. Stopping probably  around 10pm for us.

Charlotte has rain right now there will be a change over around 10pm so they should be able to get out, total for Charlotte is only up to 2 inches of snow, so they should be fine.

Edited by Jimbo

Not the OP but was scheduled to leave NYC area on 1/30 to MIA but all the morning flights were canceled for 1/30 and all day 1/29.  Luckily I was on top of the situation and rebooked (not by phone) at the airport that’s semi close to drive to and caught the last flight that was not cancelled to ATL on Friday night.  Now just have to rebook the FL portion at ATL.  Stay tuned… it’s going to be an adventure!

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Made it to Miami!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Glad you made it to Miami! Thank you for letting us know. You had a lot of people pulling for you. Enjoy the suite life!

17 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Yay!  We are half way there!!! In ATL waiting to rebook with lots lots of people!

Hope you can get rebooked out of Atlanta quickly. At least you’re well on your way now. We’re pulling for you to make your cruise, too!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Yay!  We are half way there!!! In ATL waiting to rebook with lots lots of people!

Last resort, if you cannot get a flight, maybe you could rent a car and drive.we are in NE Ohio and decided rather than fly to FLL, we would drive.  Don't have to depend on the planes/pilots/weather to get there. We are leaving 5 days before our cruise, and if severe winter weather to forecast, we can leave sooner. Will stay with family once we arrive in Florida.

• Like 1

Once you are out of the NE/E region and down to Atlanta it’s much easier in terms of finding flight availability.  Getting assistance from the airline that’s a different story.  All the car rental at ATL is not allowing one way rental because they don’t want their cars to be all driven out.  After spending the night at the airport we are rebooked a noon flight.  We had PLENTY of company.  This was the line this morning at 4:30AM.  This is nothing compared to last night earlier this morning!

0AA600BA-6789-42F7-A620-F8BFDC2EAAEA.jpeg

• Like 6

So happy for you cruisetorelax! 

I usually go ahead and just buy a new seat rather than wait in those lines and have the seat availability disappear. It depends on the airline, some can have reasonable last minute flights (not Delta).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

We're supposed to get our COVID tests today for a Monday sailing & our testing locations (due to NE storm) are dropping like flies! 

Had four locations scheduled for today/Saturday and now down to one!

Might want to book a back up one at the airport in FL just in case!  Only the iguanas are dropping down in FL 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4