Ncl upgrade program

bklyn born

Mine was 8 weeks before sail date, but it could have been earlier.

I did not check NCL.com until then. They do not send out upgrade bids, they show the opportunity to bid on NCL.com after you log in.  (At least in my case)

Edited by monl765

21 hours ago, bklyn born said:

How long in advance do they send out bids for upgrades

currently 65 days. That is based on our upcoming cruise. 

Pre-pandemic it was 80 days. 

May extend out once the final payment date extends back out. 

Edited by BirdTravels

we're on the jade apr 8th from athens, and just got the email this morning. we've got a 2 bedroom suite, with a friend taking the the 2nd bedroom, so unfortunately it doesnt pay to upgrade to anything other than t he garden villa, and the minimum bid is 1250 or 2500 for the 3 of us. and thats just the minimum

Question for anyone who knows.  I will have enough points on my NCL credit card to upgrade with points by late next month.  I plan to do that to get into a balcony from my current OV.  Will the categories for upgrades change when I do that?  Right now my options only go to a Club Balcony.  If I upgrade using points any chance I’ll get a chance to bid on a suite?  (I’m on the Gem.)

56 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Question for anyone who knows.  I will have enough points on my NCL credit card to upgrade with points by late next month.  I plan to do that to get into a balcony from my current OV.  Will the categories for upgrades change when I do that?  Right now my options only go to a Club Balcony.  If I upgrade using points any chance I’ll get a chance to bid on a suite?  (I’m on the Gem.)

I was booked in an inside cabin. I could bid on several categories including Haven.  I won a (regular) spa balcony. 

4 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

I was booked in an inside cabin. I could bid on several categories including Haven.  I won a (regular) spa balcony. 

Interesting.  I thought they only went up three categories.  I’m hoping I get more options as we get closer.