Relocated Stateroom....

1 hour ago, DFWJean&Bill said:

We chose a specific balcony cabin 8th floor in front of ship, the location we prefer) months ago for an upcoming cruise.  About 2 months ago we received that letter and they moved us to back of ship 9th, We were told front deck 8 is set aside for quarantine ?   We asked for refund of the portion of money we paid extra for “picking our own cabin”, we were told no.  Our travel agent also tried.  She tried to move us to front but nothing much left.   We decided to just be happy to be cruising.  I think it is going to be the new normal for a while.

Have you reached out recently to see if you can switch cabins, if you didnt sail yet.  

They may have that area reserved for crew quarantine when they do changeover.

3 hours ago, crbonfiber said:

Did you forget to mention the mention the $100 OBC per stateroom? This is what happens in the Covid era. If you are not happy cancel and book another time. Its unfortunate but thats life these days.

There  is 14 of us... We are traveling from all over the county. The 100.00  OBC has no bearing on this,  What does this have to do with anything? I was asking if this happened to anyone else....BTW  I am well aware of COVID. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Quarantine area is on deck 2 or 3 near the medical center in an OV cabin.  

Plus the number of positive cases is way down on ships.  It was the couple holiday weeks when omicron was peaking and ships were sailing at near full capacity when they had major problems.  

Not always deck 3. Can be any deck wherevthey group them together. 

This happened to a member of our group - luckily, she was one of the two cabins that were NOT on our hallway. She got the OBC and moved from a deck 6 OV to a deck 8 balcony.  On our cruise, deck 6 was set aside for covid - luckily, they didn't need as many as they were prepared for.

So they moved 2 of us down 4 floors, not even near each other.... Have to tell you we not happy, I will keep you all posted on the outcome.... When we get on board the ship we will find out if they in fact are being kept empty because they want to provide social distancing or being used for quarantine or if someone with more clout wanted those rooms....  I really can't imagine them being used for social distancing or quarantine as the rest of my family hasn't been moved.....Stay tuned.... 

• Like 1

This happened to us in October but I was not prepared at all.  I booked a family inside since my son has autism/ADHD  it is easier to not be on top of each other and then my husband went into interior right next door.  This way we could switch off and have breaks if need be.   When we were embarking they told me that our paper scans did not match what computer said.  I started to panic and asked what they had down.  She said 2 interior rooms on 2 different decks.  I said no, we did not change our rooms.   She said we would need to go to guest services.  It was all a blur for a while after that because I was panicing.  The thought that I would be on a deck seperated from husband, I just knew I was going to be not having any breaks or easy walk next door.   And now my son and I in a much smaller room.  What was this purpose of me planning this all out.    Guest services did not tell me why it happened and I explained situation and that we had to be near each other.  Long story short - took about an hour but we ended up getting two rooms across from each other - an interior and a balcony.  Worked out fine but not a great start to vacation.  Also luggage came super late because of the room switch.  When I was talking to stateroom host she said hardly anyone booked on the floor I was originally on - I think the ice rink floor.  She said maybe they moved everyone on that floor that way they could skip cleaning 1 fooor because cleaning was taking very very long now.    

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lolalow said:

This happened to us in October but I was not prepared at all.  I booked a family inside since my son has autism/ADHD  it is easier to not be on top of each other and then my husband went into interior right next door.  This way we could switch off and have breaks if need be.   When we were embarking they told me that our paper scans did not match what computer said.  I started to panic and asked what they had down.  She said 2 interior rooms on 2 different decks.  I said no, we did not change our rooms.   She said we would need to go to guest services.  It was all a blur for a while after that because I was panicing.  The thought that I would be on a deck seperated from husband, I just knew I was going to be not having any breaks or easy walk next door.   And now my son and I in a much smaller room.  What was this purpose of me planning this all out.    Guest services did not tell me why it happened and I explained situation and that we had to be near each other.  Long story short - took about an hour but we ended up getting two rooms across from each other - an interior and a balcony.  Worked out fine but not a great start to vacation.  Also luggage came super late because of the room switch.  When I was talking to stateroom host she said hardly anyone booked on the floor I was originally on - I think the ice rink floor.  She said maybe they moved everyone on that floor that way they could skip cleaning 1 fooor because cleaning was taking very very long now.    

That would make sense, but in your case they moved both rooms.

But in the OP, they moved one room out of 3 and left the others.  So not that reason.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Duffys wife 1957 said:

Update on Royal Caribbean moving our staterooms. We got our original rooms back… aft rooms they were amazing! The rooms were not given to other families. They listened to reason as our other family members were next to us!!! Happy happy happy! 

Plus, I don't think social distancing is an issue anymore.  With the mask mandate dropped as of 25 Feb, they're probably not moving people anymore.  

5 hours ago, Duffys wife 1957 said:

This was Feb 6 social distancing was still an issue then  but  we got our staterooms 

back so we are happy.

Did you get your rooms back before you boarded, or did you have to go to Guest Services once on the ship?

If you don’t get your room back, be sure to see if someone else is in that room.  If so, you can complain, after the cruise, to the loyalty people that they pretty much lied to you. You may get some benefits for your next cruise. That doesn’t help you now, but it ever hurts to think about the future. 

24 minutes ago, tserface said:

If you don’t get your room back, be sure to see if someone else is in that room.  If so, you can complain, after the cruise, to the loyalty people that they pretty much lied to you. You may get some benefits for your next cruise. That doesn’t help you now, but it ever hurts to think about the future. 

The OP already posted that they got their room back.