Can anyone update us re: the notorious foot stool and lounge chair on verandas debacle of 2020-21?

Lunesse

Hey friends.

I seek an update on the lack of decent chairs and loungers on verandas after ships were revolutionized, it's been so quiet on the subject lately, which bodes well, actually. Where are we at with all that? Did our shaking fists at the sky (and Celebrity higher ups) yield the fruit of non-low-backed chairs on verandas? Are the foot stools returned?  Do suites get loungers, and is there any hope of the hearty padded specimen in this screen shot from a room tour in 2019, or are those in Davy Jones' locker at this point?

Can anyone ask for one while on board and get a coveted foot stool, etc. if it's missing?

What say you, recent travelers? Show me your veranda accoutrements! My parents are sailing in July (hopefully) and are in their 80s... the more comfortable the better for them, and I'm willing to do legwork and call ahead if this hasn't been shaken out yet. I think they have a Celebrity suite for their trip, in terms of what type of room.  

Happy sails!

loungeralert.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, laslomas said:

I was on Silhouette in October last year and the footstools were back in Concierge category, 😁 and very comfortable they were too.

Sorry I cannot help with other queries you raised.

woohoo! Don't know what you got 'till it's gone..... I'm happy they were back! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

We sailed on Equinox in Nov/Dec in Aqua class and had footstools as well as the chairs (high backed) where the back reclines.

Wow, nice. That's really good to know they recline. I didn't know that. 

The photo on the top is from a SS on the Constellation Dec. 2021. This ship hasn’t been ruined by Kelly.  The high back chairs recline but are a little tricking doing it. 

The one on the bottom is from a SS on the Summit Nov 2021.  This is Kelly’s better idea to make cruising more stylish.  Design instead of comfort?   I don’t understand the design and there is no comfort

You judge 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5D2DEE65-9136-4B34-A913-E1A6C5578DD1.jpeg

D6F1314C-1C1C-47FB-A8ED-4868810631D3.jpeg

Edited by miched
  • Haha 1

We are on Silhouette in a RS. Here are some pictures. The brown lounger was brought to our veranda by our amazing cabin attendant, Shubert. The white is adjustable. Table and chairs perfect for outdoor private dining.

0599F9AC-FD92-45ED-B974-972DECF4CC67.thumb.jpeg.a28e533f373921046c72bb1e9e3bbf73.jpeg12FC23FE-42DC-439E-8A2F-F4D37C6995E3.thumb.jpeg.3fc60f68e5cf2f50cf1c430b1b8c3b27.jpeg1E2988DB-47AF-4FB7-8C9B-8259F8CACFDF.thumb.jpeg.b3570d5a5453c90e0b399538039dc1ee.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, miched said:

The photo on the top is from a SS on the Constellation Dec. 2021. This ship hasn’t been ruined by Kelly.  The high back chairs recline but are a little tricking doing it. 

The one on the bottom is from a SS on the Summit Nov 2021.  This is Kelly’s better idea to make cruising more stylish.  Design instead of comfort?   I don’t understand the design and there is no comfort

You judge 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

These look like school desk chairs! *boggle*  Hm. 

1 hour ago, asnaleah said:

We are on Silhouette in a RS. Here are some pictures. The brown lounger was brought to our veranda by our amazing cabin attendant, Shubert.

We were on the Silhouette in December in a C2, and Shubert was also our attendant. He was beyond fabulous. 

To answer the OP’s question: we had reclining high-back chairs with footstools on our balcony. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miched said:

You judge 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

If one feels the ships are "ruined", they were not done so by Kelly, EVERY single design change was approved by Celebrity.  Lesson, the one who pays the bills, makes the final decision before writing the check, ask Ms. Moguls Dolly or Oprah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, asnaleah said:

We are on Silhouette in a RS. Here are some pictures. The brown lounger was brought to our veranda by our amazing cabin attendant, Shubert. The white is adjustable. Table and chairs perfect for outdoor private dining.

0599F9AC-FD92-45ED-B974-972DECF4CC67.thumb.jpeg.a28e533f373921046c72bb1e9e3bbf73.jpeg12FC23FE-42DC-439E-8A2F-F4D37C6995E3.thumb.jpeg.3fc60f68e5cf2f50cf1c430b1b8c3b27.jpeg1E2988DB-47AF-4FB7-8C9B-8259F8CACFDF.thumb.jpeg.b3570d5a5453c90e0b399538039dc1ee.jpeg

I don't see the plush lounger that is in some of the suite videos on their website when looking to book a room, which is fine, but then don't show it in adverts! 😃 As long as there is some sort of comfortable lounger, it's all going to be great for them. I appreciate the photos, thank you! I'm attaching a screen shot of their own video I just watched with the nice lounger. Like I said, not a deal breaker at all, but since this may be their last cruise (they say, I hope they change their mind but at early 80's I get it) I want it to be the best it can from what they saw when choosing. 😃❤️ 

lounga.jpg

Edited by Lunesse

15 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

We were on the Silhouette in December in a C2, and Shubert was also our attendant. He was beyond fabulous. 

To answer the OP’s question: we had reclining high-back chairs with footstools on our balcony. 

Sounds like it was awesome! Thanks for the info very much!

4 hours ago, Lunesse said:

I don't see the plush lounger that is in some of the suite videos on their website when looking to book a room, which is fine, but then don't show it in adverts! 😃 As long as there is some sort of comfortable lounger, it's all going to be great for them. I appreciate the photos, thank you! I'm attaching a screen shot of their own video I just watched with the nice lounger. Like I said, not a deal breaker at all, but since this may be their last cruise (they say, I hope they change their mind but at early 80's I get it) I want it to be the best it can from what they saw when choosing. 😃❤️ 

lounga.jpg

That photo is before they started the revolutionizing of the ships. 
We are in a Celebrity Suite on the Reflection next week and hope this furniture is still on the balcony. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

If one feels the ships are "ruined", they were not done so by Kelly, EVERY single design change was approved by Celebrity.  Lesson, the one who pays the bills, makes the final decision before writing the check, ask Ms. Moguls Dolly or Oprah.

Does Kelly only get credit for design changes that people like and have no responsibility changes that are less desirable to most cruisers?  But to your larger point, yes, Celebrity does have the ultimate responsibility for all of the changes.  Someone at Celebrity was not paying attention to details during the design of the E-class ships.

15 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Lesson, the one who pays the bills, makes the final decision before writing the check

LOL--- NOT necessarily ---- LOL

Example--- Let's say Hubby wants to stay in a " regular " balcony cabin , and Honey wants to stay in a large size balcony cabin ( on the hump ) or even worse, a Sky Suite  , where d'ya think they will be staying ? And, Who d'ya think will be writing the cheque, or, providing a credit card number ??? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- NOT necessarily ---- LOL

Example--- Let's say Hubby wants to stay in a " regular " balcony cabin , and Honey wants to stay in a large size balcony cabin ( on the hump ) or even worse, a Sky Suite  , where d'ya think they will be staying ? And, Who d'ya think will be writing the cheque, or, providing a credit card number ??? 

Dolly or Oprah??