Drink Package Cost

32 minutes ago, gpatters71 said:

I’m a first time cruiser on Royal Caribbean. I’ve been reading your posts about the drink package. Can I order a bottle of wine and have it delivered to my cabin? Not sure how to do this. Thank you.

Not as part of the drink package.  You can pre-purchase bottles of wine and even small bottles of liquor with mixers to be delivered to your cabin via the RCCL website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Drink prices are considerably cheaper where I live. 

A mixed drink, say Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks, is about $11 + 18% gratuity onboard.  Last week, I ordered that at my local Long Horn Steakhouse.  It was $12 + gratuity + 9% sales tax.  I was at the Omni hotel in Nashville a few months ago and they were charging $20 for that drink. 

Beer is probably cheaper.  Last week, we were at our favorite local pizza parlor and my IPA was $4.25, my wife's Michelob Ultra was $3.50 (both draught, not cans). 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 11:19 AM, vjmatty said:

Taking some sips from an individual drink is not what they mean by "sharing" the package.... it is when you get someone else their own drink using your package.

Thank you for letting us know what RCG defines as sharing. 

Edited by bucfan2

6 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Drink prices are considerably cheaper where I live. 

It depends on where you live, obviously.  I could not believe how cheap the drinks are on ship compared to the drinks where I live ($16-20 standard for normal cocktails; more if using non-well spirits.

On 6/27/2022 at 8:07 PM, rudeney said:

Oh I agree - sharing a few drinks on a single DBP isn't going to make price go up.  But I still don't think RCCL's drink prices are all that high.  Of course they charge more than I'd like  to see, but $10 for Chivas on the rocks is less expensive than our local Outback Steakhouse charges.  

I was at a cocktail bar this evening that charged $17 for my cocktail, and that was one of the less expensive ones on their menu.

I agree that $13 isn't an outrageous amount of money for a drink, especially if you live in or around more popular cities. 

Beer around here is $7-$10/pint, but that's for craft beer. Not sure what mass market beer costs, I imagine it's probably cheaper.  

Edited by ARandomTraveler

9 hours ago, gpatters71 said:

I’m a first time cruiser on Royal Caribbean. I’ve been reading your posts about the drink package. Can I order a bottle of wine and have it delivered to my cabin? 

You can get a bottle at one of the many venues around the ship and have it kept there for future consumption or brought to another venue. 

Just now, FamilyCruiserUK said:

So question is it cheaper to get the drinks package onboard on the first day?

Cheaper than what? 

Prepurchasing?  Doubtful, but the answer could also be "it depends".

Buying a la carte?  Again, "it depends".  How much alcohol will you drink?

14 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

So question is it cheaper to get the drinks package onboard on the first day?

I think pretty safe to say No on virtually anything pre-purchase vs purchase on board.  Virtually always more on board.

One technicality would be that you can purchase the package partially through the trip.  I think the cruise still has to have 3-4 days remaining but they'll let you purchase it at the daily rate for just the remaining days, whatever that minimum number of days is.  It would almost definitely be more per day at that point but you'd have saved a few days without it, provided you had the self control not to go crazy with purchasing a la carte in the meantime.

Edited by PMGS247

7 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Cheaper than what? 

Prepurchasing?  Doubtful, but the answer could also be "it depends".

Buying a la carte?  Again, "it depends".  How much alcohol will you drink?

Sorry, To be clear are the drinks package deals better if you purchaes them on day 1 or better if your pre purchase. 

For example the current price for brilliance in aug is £50pppd. Do they offer better deals on board (buy 1 get 1 50% off etc) for those that have cruised recently and have purchased the drinks package.

Not interested in the "is it worth it debate".

14 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Sorry, To be clear are the drinks package deals better if you purchaes them on day 1 or better if your pre purchase. 

For example the current price for brilliance in aug is £50pppd. Do they offer better deals on board (buy 1 get 1 50% off etc) for those that have cruised recently and have purchased the drinks package.

Not interested in the "is it worth it debate".

You will find that yes they do offer buy one get one half price but the price is not the original pre cruise price you where hoping to get. It will most certainly be at the higher price. I would pre purchase at a price I deem acceptable and am comfortable with paying.

43 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

You will find that yes they do offer buy one get one half price but the price is not the original pre cruise price you where hoping to get. It will most certainly be at the higher price. I would pre purchase at a price I deem acceptable and am comfortable with paying.

Thank you. 👍

20 hours ago, gpatters71 said:

I’m a first time cruiser on Royal Caribbean. I’ve been reading your posts about the drink package. Can I order a bottle of wine and have it delivered to my cabin? Not sure how to do this. Thank you.

Don't forget that RC allows you to bring on 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. Don't forget your corkscrew!

• Thanks 1