Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Any luck with finding the Navigator technical assistance phone number? 🤔

On Tuesday morning, I emailed the Navigator app support people. I still have not heard back. (Behold my shocked face. 😮)

However, the Android version had an update yesterday. So, I opened the old app. Then closed it. (This causes it to be at the top of the list when you go into Settings > Apps in stock Android.) Went into Settings > Apps and Force Stopped the Navigator app. Then I cleared the app cache and the app data. Next, I un-installed the app by dragging it from the all apps tray to the uninstall "button" at the top of the screen. I'm running Android 13 with the May 2023 update on a Pixel 7 Pro.

If you are still with me and your eyes haven't glazed over, Navigator is completely un-installed now. Next, I restarted my phone. (I am a troubleshooting machine.)

After that, I headed to the Google Play store and got the new version of the Navigator app. Once it was installed, I had to log in again, making sure to set up the biometrics.

The phantom cart is now gone.

Final score: Mad Geek Skillz 1, HAL Navigator Support 0.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Also, prior to performing the 275 simple steps above, I tried clearing the app cache and data, then updating the app and re-logging in

It did not work.

So I rolled back the app using the APK file I had backed up. At that point, I was back in the previous version of the Navigator app with the stuck, phantom cart item.

I will let you know if I hear back from HAL Navigator app support. We sail in 190 days, so I'm not super optimistic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Also, prior to performing the 275 simple steps above, I tried clearing the app cache and data, then updating the app and re-logging in

It did not work.

So I rolled back the app using the APK file I had backed up. At that point, I was back in the previous version of the Navigator app with the stuck, phantom cart item.

I will let you know if I hear back from HAL Navigator app support. We sail in 190 days, so I'm not super optimistic.

Congratulations.  You are now in charge of the Navigator App Help Desk on CC.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

I've had a few problems with the app, but with some effort and help from this thread, I've been able to sort them all out. What gets my goat is the fact that this app doesn't seem to me to be very useful. The functionality is very limited. I hope it's more useful on the ship than it looks like it's going to be.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I've had a few problems with the app, but with some effort and help from this thread, I've been able to sort them all out. What gets my goat is the fact that this app doesn't seem to me to be very useful. The functionality is very limited. I hope it's more useful on the ship than it looks like it's going to be.

It will have a lot more functionality once you get onboard and sign into your account.  You will also use it to access the ship's wireless.  I used it a lot on my recent South America cruise. 

Edited by Roz
  • Like 3

Version 4.27.1 is now also available for iPhones.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

"What’s New

Jun 1, 2023

Version 4.27.1

We've made several enhancements and bug fixes below deck to make your experience even better.

- Sometimes homepage displays blank."

😂

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

New! Improved! And now lemon scented!

Version 4.28.0 is now available.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

"What’s New

Jun 28, 2023

Version 4.28

- NEW: Keycard Log In

Once onboard one of our ships, you can log in to your account by simply taking a picture of your key card and inputting some information.

- NEW: Connectivity alerts

No connection means the app is not getting any cellular or Wi-Fi connectivity. Disconnected means you are not connected to the ship’s network (while on a voyage.) Connected means you are ready to use your pre-purchased Wi-Fi package or purchase one at that point."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just downloaded the update. One thing that's fixed is the (dining) menu handling. All of the restaurant menus are now handled / open consistently. These are the kind of quality observations you can make if you have (1) application development experience, and (2) insomnia.

You still have to go to the HAL website for some things though. For example, we want to purchase the Elite Beverage Package and that cannot currently be done in the app.

Navigator is still missing the Fast Forward button >>. You know, the one that zooms you past hurricane season and makes the ships come back to Fort Lauderdale. I'll probably never see my favorite feature: a button that pulls up the list of every wine by the glass on the ship that is covered by each beverage package, tells you which venues have them, and sorts them by grape varietal.

All in all, I'm glad to see continuous improvement under the hood. They have 160 days to get it perfect, because then we're shaking it down, live from the Nieuw Statendam. 📲

• Like 6

5 hours ago, POA1 said:

You still have to go to the HAL website for some things though. For example, we want to purchase the Elite Beverage Package and that cannot currently be done in the app.

I purchased HIA yesterday for upcoming cruise on the app whereas the website stated that it was not available for the booking! 🤔 (android 13/Nav 4.28.0)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I purchased HIA yesterday for upcoming cruise on the app whereas the website stated that it was not available for the booking! 🤔 (android 13/Nav 4.28.0)

Interesting. Thanks.

I updated Navigator again today, after deleting the old version and clearing cache, etc., and it correctly shows my cruise departing in 2 days, but when I select "Boarding Pass" it continues to show the boarding pass from a cruise last year, which was not even my last cruise. Go figure...

I've got the bar codes printed out, as always.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Version 4.29.2 is now available for iPhones and newer androids

I am onboard Nieuw Statendam and Navigator updated last night.  

25 minutes ago, gregma60 said:

Anyone know if you can select "events" and have it saved and you get notified when they are coming up in navigator?

-gregma

I believe that can only happen onboard or within 24/48 hours of boarding.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I believe that can only happen onboard or within 24/48 hours of boarding.

Thank you kindly!  Will keep checking, thought maybe this version would change that and I just can't see it.

-gregma

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...