Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

26 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Oddly mine was fine too and it was updated. Then suddenly went to look at menus late last night and got that white screen everyone was talking about so I left it thought I would check it this morning and still no luck so I unistalled and reinstalled and now pulls up and up to date but No menus, I checked MDR and Lido, nothing. I have a 14 Pro Max. ...Interesting I always forget to check my iPad since I rarely use the app there but just tried that and getting the same white screen so guess I will go do the same with that. 

Update menu boxs have now reappeared.

For a while, I've been getting an "Oops, page not found" message with a button to return to the home page when I click on the various dining venues, i.e. MDR, PG, Lido, etc.

No info, no menus... nothing. I have the latest version (4.27.0) loaded on my newer Android device, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Has anybody experienced this as well, and/or does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this issue?

34 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

For a while, I've been getting an "Oops, page not found" message with a button to return to the home page when I click on the various dining venues, i.e. MDR, PG, Lido, etc.

No info, no menus... nothing. I have the latest version (4.27.0) loaded on my newer Android device, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Has anybody experienced this as well, and/or does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this issue?

I had that issue yesterday on the web version.  It appears they are updating pages on the website.  The workaround I found was to go back to my account, select the manage booking from there and it dropped me onto the old format.  I was trying to view packages and it kept taking me to a dead shore excursions page 

23 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I had that issue yesterday on the web version.  It appears they are updating pages on the website.  The workaround I found was to go back to my account, select the manage booking from there and it dropped me onto the old format.  I was trying to view packages and it kept taking me to a dead shore excursions page 

I'm not currently booked, so not sure if that makes a difference, but it shouldn't. I'm specifically referring to this issue as it applies to the Navigator app on my Android device.

I have a fun issue. I attempted to purchase a specialty dining dinner on my phone. I decided to complete the purchase on my computer because the app couldn't complete the process.

Now, I'm left with a shopping cart with 1 item at a zero dollar price. I can't get rid of it. (Cache flushed, app reinstalled, the whole nine yards.) I'm going to call Navigator app support to clear the "stuck" record, but deep down inside, I want to buy this item. The price is right and it could be an ah-mazing experience. I just want to check out. I have $0 available on every card in my wallet, so I'd love to buy one of these mystery zero dollar items for every day of our cruise.

Screenshot_20230528-090829.png

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, sltgator said:

When we open our apps today it goes to a white blank page. It looks like app updated two days ago. Anyone else having that issue? Thanks

If you read just a bit earlier in the thread, you'll see that lots of us had it.  Just uninstall the app and then reinstall it and log in again, and you should be fine. 

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

If you read just a bit earlier in the thread, you'll see that lots of us had it.  Just uninstall the app and then reinstall it and log in again, and you should be fine. 

Yeah but you need to do this every other day.  It's ridiculous.

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

I'm going to call Navigator app support to clear the "stuck" record

I'm aware of the option to email Navigator technical support (although responses from them are extremely rare), but did not know that you could call them.

Can you share that number?

56 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I'm aware of the option to email Navigator technical support (although responses from them are extremely rare), but did not know that you could call them.

Can you share that number?

I cannot. It's the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and I may have misspoken. If I can locate the phone number on Tuesday, I'll let you know. (Seriously though, I am pretty sure that there is a phone number.)

48 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I cannot. It's the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and I may have misspoken. If I can locate the phone number on Tuesday, I'll let you know. (Seriously though, I am pretty sure that there is a phone number.)

That would be great if there is a phone number. Please let us know if/when you find one.. 😉

On 5/9/2023 at 11:52 PM, lissie said:

Only old people and people with kids have printers anymore! And I certainly haven't had a doubled-sided printers for many years. I'm a tech geek that works from home - but printers are very much an optional extra. 

On our April cruise I tried to pull up our boarding passes on my phone. When we arrived at the check in we could not pull them up. The lady at the check in told us we should have printed them!  So goes the Navigator app...

Last night I uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice. When I open it,  white screen.  Tried again this morning.  I get the Navigator logo and a message asking me if I'll allow notifications.  I click Allow and get the white screen. 

My phone is a new Samsung Galaxy so an updated app should work on it.  No problems with other apps I use that have gone through updates. 

Suggestions?

20 minutes ago, Roz said:

Last night I uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice. When I open it,  white screen.  Tried again this morning.  I get the Navigator logo and a message asking me if I'll allow notifications.  I click Allow and get the white screen. 

My phone is a new Samsung Galaxy so an updated app should work on it.  No problems with other apps I use that have gone through updates. 

Suggestions?

As others have suggested above, you need to go into your settings for apps, find the Navigator app and under Storage clear the Cache and data then sign back into the app. I have to do this every time HAL updates the app.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

@terrydtx, are you saying I have to install the nonworking app,  clear the cache,  and then sign in?  If it's not currently installed, what would be in the cache to clear?  Excuse my lack of technical knowledge. 

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

As others have suggested above, you need to go into your settings for apps, find the Navigator app and under Storage clear the Cache and data then sign back into the app. I have to do this every time HAL updates the app.

I think the only way you can do this on Apple devices is simply to delete the app and then reinstall it. (There’s no option I’ve found for clearing an app cache in iOS, and Google tells me there is none. Just delete and reinstall.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

@terrydtx, are you saying I have to install the nonworking app,  clear the cache,  and then sign in?  If it's not currently installed, what would be in the cache to clear?  Excuse my lack of technical knowledge. 

If the app is installed on your mobile device, just delete it and reinstall it, and then sign in. 

25 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

If the app is installed on your mobile device, just delete it and reinstall it, and then sign in. 

Yeppers. Had to do that with my iphone6 after the update arrived. Navigator works fine since then. Loads a bit slower but I just yell at it until it fully loads.

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Haha 1

After spending months smirking at all the problems others are having revenge struck today and I got the white page (Samsung S21/Android).

Deleted App and reinstall - zilch

cleared cache - zilch

cleared data, deleted app and reinstall and everything works.  Only difference I notice is that menus are downloaded as PDF and do not just open within the App.

v 4.27.0