Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

Unfortunately still can't get it to open, even after uninstall and reload.

Edit....the above applies to my tablet. After loading on to my tablet (I have had it there for a couple months), I successfully loaded it on to my cell phone for the first time. It opened immediately. Odd.

Cruise in 3 weeks.

38 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Do I have to delete the app and re-install it in order to get the update?

What do you have it on? On my iphone apps update automatically or I can go into the App Store, search for it, and tap update if there's a new version. Can't help if you're using Android.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Argh. I updated my Navigator app last night and now it doesn't work. I get the "white screen of death." Uninstalled, waited a bit and reinstalled. STILL the "white screen of death", even after uninstalling a couple more times and reinstalling. What is it about repeating the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome? Apparently, that's me. Sigh.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Djb4CC said:

Do we have any idea what has been updated.  A quick look around has not identified anything… maybe it is just an update to allow it to be more stable.

"We've made several important improvements to the application to make your cruise more enjoyable than ever."

Same old, same old cut and paste for every update since v.4.2 last November.

I did note that after updating the daily itinerary for my  April 2022 Panama cruise showed up. 👍

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

I updated two devices and neither shows any change in itinerary - the March cruise still shows Key West in the list. I hope it’s correct because I really like Key West. 

Going to Key West on the Feb 5 and 13 Rotterdam cruises supposedly........knew that was not going to happen. Then on Saturday, my DH itinerary on Navigator showed itinerary changes. No KW on either leg and no Grand Cayman on first leg. New itinerary showed on his itinerary, not mine. Deleted app and reinstalled and there it was. But shorex options don't match itinerary, not does computer access to itinerary. Probably have to wait til onboard to do shorex for the itinerary changes if you have something booked.

Right now, if cruising, seems you just have to go with the flow wherever that may take you. At least, you will not be cooking for whatever time you are on board whatever ship you may be on. ☺️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CruiseMGM said:

Argh. I updated my Navigator app last night and now it doesn't work. I get the "white screen of death." Uninstalled, waited a bit and reinstalled. STILL the "white screen of death", even after uninstalling a couple more times and reinstalling. What is it about repeating the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome? Apparently, that's me. Sigh.

If you have an Android system try this - got into settings - select apps - select the Navigator app - select storage - at the bottom of the screen you will see clear data and clear cache - clear both - then back you and go back into the app and you will need to log in again and it should work.  This process has fixed the white screen issue for many folks.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

If you have an Android system try this - got into settings - select apps - select the Navigator app - select storage - at the bottom of the screen you will see clear data and clear cache - clear both - then back you and go back into the app and you will need to log in again and it should work.  This process has fixed the white screen issue for many folks.

It sure did, and thank you so much! Really appreciate it!

3 hours ago, CruiseMGM said:

Definition of insanity 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iflyrc5 said:

Fixed mine as well. Thank you!!

7 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Fixed mine as well. Thank you!!

Glad it worked - it stopped working for me about a month ago with a cruise starting tomorrow so I was able to work with HAL IT folks to figure it out and have been posting the fix on several CC forums and also several of the Facebook sites for HAL and it seems to fix the issue with Android phones.  

• Thanks 2

can you message others on your cruise through this Navigator app? we are wondering if our apple watches will count as one device and our iPhones another. My husband uses his to monitor pulse and doesn't want to leave it home. we have the wifi package, but am wondering if anyone has figured this out

17 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Navigator app version 4.6.0 is now available.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

And guess what...same problems...white screen. Can't log in on my Android. 

I am technically challenged and I know I will be totally stressed out trying to use this app and will probably get it messed up.  Is it possible to go on a cruise without using the app? On my previous cruises, I just signed in to my booking on the HAL website and was able to fill out all the necessary forms and order excursions etc.  Can you still do that?  Thank you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dot73 said:

I am technically challenged and I know I will be totally stressed out trying to use this app and will probably get it messed up.  Is it possible to go on a cruise without using the app? On my previous cruises, I just signed in to my booking on the HAL website and was able to fill out all the necessary forms and order excursions etc.  Can you still do that?  Thank you.

Yes, you can do everything that needs doing pre-cruise on the HAL Website. Reserve Specialty and MDR dining times (if you have Anytime Dining), book excursions, complete check-in forms, etc. Once onboard, if you bring a laptop, you also have access to the Navigator. Most of it is also available via the stateroom's TV. I am not technically challenged, but do not need a smartphone. DH also has no smartphone and has never brought his laptop. But he may on 2/20 because we have Internet included.

8 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

DH also has no smartphone and has never brought his laptop. But he may on 2/20 because we have Internet included.

Isn't there still a computer station area someplace on the ship? 
I have never brought my laptop, yet have used the computer every day aboard going back a couple of decades. I use the ones provided. 

• Like 1