U.K. Sailings - pre cruise Testing

Alcairns

I was trying to book a med cruise in August this year but was told by the travel agent that Princess wouldn't accept any new bookings with un-vaxed children. My 9 yr old daughter is obviously un-vaxed at the moment as we're in the UK. I am beyond gutted!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

But elsewhere it says masks are not required when eating or drinking. Which, in our case, meant that we only ever wore a mask when walking inside the ship, or in the theatre.  

We have various cruises booked this year, and fully expect the mask guidelines to stay in place.  They guidelines are not onerous, and do not detract from the enjoyment of the cruise. 

It also said that before a family member of mine went onboard last year and they got a letter lying on the bed once they embarked saying that they needed to replace their mask after every single sip. That is onerous. That does detract from enjoyment. Most people hate that.

So why won’t they confirm it will not be imposed this year?

I would be more than happy to wear a mask walking around and in the theatre. Why don’t Princess confirm (in writing) that this is their policy?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

would be more than happy to wear a mask walking around and in the theatre. Why don’t Princess confirm (in writing) that this is their policy?

But policies constantly change. Even if you got something in writing, there would be a proviso stating that the rules could change at any time.

So, even if you got something in writing, it would be basically of no value.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

But policies constantly change. Even if you got something in writing, there would be a proviso stating that the rules could change at any time.

That is a whole new debate Wozz so I will leave it there as I have commandeered the ops thread quite long enough. That kind of policy does not need to change as it is an internal one not impacted by the shifting sands of governments. The company can give clarity if they wish to.

I hope the Op gets their information soon, people need facts.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, devonuk said:

Neither by age or within the time limits unfortunately but if the rules are the same as on the Iona in 2+ weeks time the 9 year olds could go but not the12 year old. 

Confirmed by Princess this evening that there are no allowances for unvaccinated passengers on our cruise in April on the Sky Princess and that includes kids of any age 😡

Not their fault but I spent just under 2 hrs and 3 calls to get a final answer..!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, devonuk said:

Confirmed by Princess this evening that there are no allowances for unvaccinated passengers on our cruise in April on the Sky Princess and that includes kids of any age 😡

Not their fault but I spent just under 2 hrs and 3 calls to get a final answer..!!

That’s disappointing. I hope you manage to get something else organised.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

That’s disappointing. I hope you manage to get something else organised.

Thank you guys… we have 5 others in the pipeline so let’s hope they happen 😬

Iona next on the 19/2 to the Canaries, hopefully 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devonuk said:

Im sorry to hear that but you know as well as everybody on this thread that it would not be a good idea for unvaccinated children - who are at a reasonably high risk of contracting covid from school - to get on a cruise ship with its older, more vulnerable demographic.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

I don't agree. Policies change country yo country frequently yes, but generally within certain perameters - you need a lateral flow test to enter or you don't, you need to wear a mask in shops or you don't, you need to be vaccinated and boosted or not etc. Princess - and any other cruise line - could choose to exceed the likely policies and avoid the need to change them every 5 minutes i.e. maintain regular testing, maintain vaccination requirements. And be clear about what behaviours they expect onboard.

16 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

I don't agree. Policies change country yo country frequently yes, but generally within certain perameters - you need a lateral flow test to enter or you don't, you need to wear a mask in shops or you don't, you need to be vaccinated and boosted or not etc. Princess - and any other cruise line - could choose to exceed the likely policies and avoid the need to change them every 5 minutes i.e. maintain regular testing, maintain vaccination requirements. And be clear about what behaviours they expect onboard.

So, what you are saying is that the cruise lines should implement the most draconian restrictions,  so as to be sure the cruises will go ahead. 

So, no shows, no buffet, no bars open. Who would cruise with those restrictions? 

34 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Im sorry to hear that but you know as well as everybody on this thread that it would not be a good idea for unvaccinated children - who are at a reasonably high risk of contracting covid from school - to get on a cruise ship with its older, more vulnerable demographic.

Wow, there’s a debate in itself 🤔

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So, what you are saying is that the cruise lines should implement the most draconian restrictions,  so as to be sure the cruises will go ahead. 

So, no shows, no buffet, no bars open. Who would cruise with those restrictions? 

Nope. As usual you're leaping to the extreme. They should implement measures which offer a reasonable amount of assurance to their customers so that they can plan and understand what will be required of them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Nope. As usual you're leaping to the extreme. They should implement measures which offer a reasonable amount of assurance to their customers so that they can plan and understand what will be required of them.

But they must implement measures that, by your own words, should exceed the requirements of every country. 

Portugal have for some time been requiring negative tests for all passengers. By your logic, the same testing procedure should  be applied for every country.

6 hours ago, devonuk said:

Exactly what my 2 friends found out by email 2 weeks ago. Notification about this by email & in their Personalizer & Travel Summary for March & April 2022 on Sky Princess 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Has anyone had any luck getting Princess to reply re the pre cruise testing in the U.K. or S&C? I am still waiting for a reply from them.

I think they will wait until the last possible minute before making a decision.  Carrying on with LFTs st Southampton will be easy enough, but I think they may struggle to arrange a similar process in ports such as Barcelona, Athens etc.

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think they will wait until the last possible minute before making a decision.  Carrying on with LFTs st Southampton will be easy enough, but I think they may struggle to arrange a similar process in ports such as Barcelona, Athens etc.

I suspect you are correct.

I also wondered if the new CDC situation would impact, from what I have read lines need to make a decision by the 18th.

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I suspect you are correct.

I also wondered if the new CDC situation would impact, from what I have read lines need to make a decision by the 18th.

My understanding is that the CDC has  authority only for ships when operating out of US ports.  

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My understanding is that the CDC has  authority only for ships when operating out of US ports.  

Yes they do but I think the lines have to declare by line rather than by ship. I may be completely wrong and will happily stand corrected. 

What happens when they move out of / back into US authority. For example Princess is doing a round trip from Southampton to Canada and US in September.

It is currently all a bit of a boorach!