Computers

Calton

Celebrity ships have the iLounge, which is a partnership with Apple.  The area has Apple computers for use.  The computers are typically used by guests for quick internet access (email, web browsing, etc).  I'm not sure if video based conferencing is available.  They do not have laptops to rent or borrow, so you need to go to the iLounge to use computers.   They typically will also have a printer available.  The other nice thing about the iLounge is there is an attendant on hand to answer questions and assist.  And if you have an Apple product (iPhone, laptop, etc.) they can help you get it connected up to the wifi.  I suppose they can help with non-Apple devices as well.

Edited by LidoBoy

Explain a little more what it is you need to do.

Will you need access to the Internet? That is not free.

Do you have the forms loaded onto your device and just need to print them?  While they will not allow you direct hookup to their printer, they can usually work out a way for you to I have what you need printed out.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

On Silhouette in October last year the iLounge was closed to stop the spread of you know what.

Depending on your Captains' Club status and/or cabin type you may have access to a concierge that can do this for you.

And depending on how far out your departure date, it might be a bit early to need to contemplate such things.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
add. info

1 hour ago, Calton said:

It is to fill our forms, for the return to the UK.

So for that you will need Internet access.  It is not free; you can buy it by the day if it is not already in your booking package.  You will be able to use their computers if you are not bringing your own snartphone or tablet or laptop

13 hours ago, Calton said:

Do celebrity have free to use laptops or computers on The Edge ? 

It is for filling in some forms.

They do have some Apple Computers that are hooked up to printers.  I don't believe they permit you to use a thumb drive due to possibility of viruses.  

Not sure what apps may or may not be loaded.   I know they have Safari Internet and you will need an internet account to access.   I know for sure you can browse the Celebrity Website without an account.

15 hours ago, upwarduk said:

So far, I have not see cruises from UK which don’t have AI.

Hello,

Cruises without AI, Simply Sail, are only available from 90 days out from date of sailing.

Regards,

Cublet

7 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Not so.  Military rate Cruises and blue chip club Cruises and some others can book at Simply Sail rates beyond 90 days.  

Also there are many people who were booked on rates that were not “always included” from Before Times, then Lifted and Shifted to today

No comment.

image.png.7ecf75979a34166be5c8d2e3c6dc4cc7.png