Bermuda Travel restrictions

S&LMom

19 minutes ago, nanrob said:

Confused....  NCL site says that for Bermuda that they now only require the Antigen test and that the travel authorization is $40 per person.   However the Bermuda site listed above and referenced on the NCL site still says that the PCR test is required and that the travel authorization is $75 per person. 

Not clear to me at all as to what I need to do for April 10th departure date.  
😕

According to the Bermuda website the new rules don't go into effect until the 7th.   Take another look at the website on March 10th.

21 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Yes it's likely any required additional antigen testing would be  done on the ship, but in the past the additional test results didn't have to be uploaded nor was another travel authorization required. You obtained your first test and your travel authorization prior to boarding and the results of the subsequent required tests were provided to Bermuda by the cruise line without any involvement of the passengers. It's no different than the cruise line providing a passenger manifest to Bermuda with the passengers' passport information. 

It would be nice if the cruise lines would put out something soon for this season.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

It would be nice if the cruise lines would put out something soon for this season.

There were some indications that the new cruise rules would be available by March 7th, the start date of the new air arrival rules, but based on what happened last year it may take longer to work out the cruise protocols because by necessity they are not uniform for all cruise lines .

The result last year was that the passengers on the first cruises had to wait until shortly before their embarkation date to see what was required.

It isn't just the cruise lines that are causing delays. It's the negotiation process between the cruise lines and Bermuda's health authorities. 

Again, patience will be required.

Our payment is due 3/23 for our cruise on 5/23.  We will be tested 2 days before 5/23 but will not get to Bermuda until 5/26.  Do you think I should wait until 3/23 to make final payment per chance Bermuda will not allow us to get onto the island?  The purpose of this cruise(originally scheduled 1 year or so ago) was to go to Bermuda. If Celebrity doe snot help with needed testing I would not want to go on this cruise.

We are on the Edge next week and could inquire there but think that would be a waste of time.  May just wait until we get back on the 20th before paying.  I will check here to find out what is going on with access to the island and testing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dazey said:

Our payment is due 3/23 for our cruise on 5/23.  We will be tested 2 days before 5/23 but will not get to Bermuda until 5/26.  Do you think I should wait until 3/23 to make final payment per chance Bermuda will not allow us to get onto the island?  The purpose of this cruise(originally scheduled 1 year or so ago) was to go to Bermuda. If Celebrity doe snot help with needed testing I would not want to go on this cruise.

We are on the Edge next week and could inquire there but think that would be a waste of time.  May just wait until we get back on the 20th before paying.  I will check here to find out what is going on with access to the island and testing.

Sure...just wait. There's no need to make final payment earlier than the due date. 

Of course if you make final payment before the due date it would still be refundable if you were to turn around and cancel prior to the due date but you would have to wait a bit before the payment would be refunded to you.

Edited by njhorseman

Good Morning.  I just checked the Bermuda website and it has been updated with the latest requirements.  The travel authorization is now $40 per person.   Also, Supervised Antigen test is acceptable up to 2 days before embarking.  This means the same antigen test can be used for Bermuda Travel Authorization and for NCL at the pier.   No need for PCR test.

Seems clear to me at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 1:51 PM, njhorseman said:

Yes it's likely any required additional antigen testing would be  done on the ship, but in the past the additional test results didn't have to be uploaded nor was another travel authorization required. You obtained your first test and your travel authorization prior to boarding and the results of the subsequent required tests were provided to Bermuda by the cruise line without any involvement of the passengers. It's no different than the cruise line providing a passenger manifest to Bermuda with the passengers' passport information. 

Based on what is now on the Bermuda website you were 100% correct.

• Thanks 1

We did a cruise to Bermuda in December and the Travel Authorization was $75 pp at the time.  Also, at that time you needed to do a PCR test starting 4 days prior to boarding (not Antigen).  We paid $125 pp for the PCR tests and had to travel over an hour to do the tests.  These changes make the process more palatable.

We will do the antigen tests with the home video option provided by NCL.  The monitored tests cost $45 each.  Our plan is to do the tests on Friday morning for our Sunday Boarding.  The tests will meet the Bermuda requirements and the cruise line requirements.  This is a good thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Here is the link to the Bermuda website to apply. I tried to post it in a reply hours ago but it would not post this morning.. 

https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

When you click on the "I am a visitor  arriving as a cruise passenger" box, you're taken to the page explaining the cruise requirements, https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation , but when you click on the "Apply For Travel Authorization" box at the bottom of the page, which is supposed allow you to pull up the form you'll find that it still hasn't been updated with dates corresponding to actual cruises so you still can't begin the application process. 

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

When you click on the "I am a visitor  arriving as a cruise passenger" box, you're taken to the page explaining the cruise requirements, https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation , but when you click on the "Apply For Travel Authorization" box at the bottom of the page, which is supposed allow you to pull up the form you'll find that it still hasn't been updated with dates corresponding to actual cruises so you still can't begin the application process. 

I don't think they will put the dates in until 4 or 5 days before the cruise. You can't test early.

3 minutes ago, dazey said:

And is Celebrity going to provide access to a test?  Not too concerned about cost but want to know I can get the test and enjoy the island.

They will have to if Bermuda is not the first port. Otherwise you will do it at home.

7 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't think they will put the dates in until 4 or 5 days before the cruise. You can't test early.

No... Bermuda actually wants you to submit the application up to a month before the cruise without the test result so they have adequate time to review it . Otherwise they'll get swamped when several thousand passengers on a ship all submit their applications at once. 

Here's what they say right at the beginning of the page to which you provided the link:

Starting March 7 2022, Travel Authorisation Applications can be purchased for $40 up to a month before travel to permit review by the Quarantine Authority. 

21 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

No... Bermuda actually wants you to submit the application up to a month before the cruise without the test result so they have adequate time to review it . Otherwise they'll get swamped when several thousand passengers on a ship all submit their applications at once. 

Here's what they say right at the beginning of the page to which you provided the link:

Starting March 7 2022, Travel Authorisation Applications can be purchased for $40 up to a month before travel to permit review by the Quarantine Authority. 

Are there any sailings that are 30 days or less out? I think it will all work out.

Edited by Charles4515

when we did our travel authorizations for our December Bermuda cruise from NYC, the ship and date did not show up until it was a week or so out.  Also, it was advised that we should not pay for the travel authorization until we had the negative test.  No sense in doing so any sooner.   

Back in December we took our tests on a Friday and uploaded the results that same day.  We had our travel authorizations that same day. (for a Tuesday Departure because at that time they required 4 days ahead)

Bermudas' Travel Authorisation and testing requirements are a mistake in my opinion but it is not my call. It is their country. I love cruising to Bermuda but I am not going through the hoops. Three vaccinations amd proof of that should be enough.  I will wait until more changes are made. Also won't cruise to the Dockyard without being certain that the Orange Line running. Right now would only book a cruise that includes St. George's. 

The travel authori

15 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Anyone know what the travel authorization says? What are they looking for?

Laura

The travel authorization will say that you are approved with your name, date of cruise, passport etc.