Pre cruise Testing

bucky0926

Where do you go to get a PCR test with results guaranteed back in 2 days?  My only test was a PCR test in Sept. when I caught a cold and wanted to make sure it was not Covid (it wasn't).  It took 3 days to get the results...  I don't care if I have to pay, I just want timely results.  What is everyone else doing?

3 minutes ago, bucky0926 said:

Where do you go to get a PCR test with results guaranteed back in 2 days?  My only test was a PCR test in Sept. when I caught a cold and wanted to make sure it was not Covid (it wasn't).  It took 3 days to get the results...  I don't care if I have to pay, I just want timely results.  What is everyone else doing?

Is this for an unvaccinated person??

Just now, GTO-Girl said:

Is this for an unvaccinated person??

No a vaxed couple.  Got this from RCI:

Pre-Arrival Negative Test
Required

COVID 19 PCR TEST , or COVID 19 ANTIGEN TEST

Collected from: 03/10/2022 - 03/12/2022

Just now, bucky0926 said:

No a vaxed couple.  Got this from RCI:

Pre-Arrival Negative Test
Required

COVID 19 PCR TEST , or COVID 19 ANTIGEN TEST

Collected from: 03/10/2022 - 03/12/2022

So you can take a PCR …OR….the antigen (rapid) test.  

I would highly suggest you take the antigen (rapid) test so you can get your results anywhere from 15 min to 2hrs.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

So you can take a PCR …OR….the antigen (rapid) test.  

I would highly suggest you take the antigen (rapid) test so you can get your results anywhere from 15 min to 2hrs.

+1. We went to CVS with a appointment for the rapid PCR, nurse asked if it was for a cruise. We said yes and she gave us the rapid antigen test instead. She said the antigen test is far lees accurate at finding covid and that is the way to go.  Also no charge at CVS three weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

+1. We went to CVS with a appointment for the rapid PCR, nurse asked if it was for a cruise. We said yes and she gave us the rapid antigen test instead. She said the antigen test is far lees accurate at finding covid and that is the way to go.  Also no charge at CVS three weeks ago.

I tried to make a CVS appt online and it said I didn't qualify for free test and it would be $139. How did you make your appt, online? testing for travel was not one of the options in the online appt reasons why.

23 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

I tried to make a CVS appt online and it said I didn't qualify for free test and it would be $139. How did you make your appt, online? testing for travel was not one of the options in the online appt reasons why.

It was online, it was a CVS in Temecula CA.  Test was January 8th, appointment was made about 4 weeks prior. Test was not in the store, they had a 6x10 trailer in the parking lot. I just checked and the testing is now inside with a $69 dollar price, they do take insurance. We are both over 65, they may have billed our medicare advantage plan, if so it was unknown to us. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

36 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

In that case, surely you have a headache? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JuliaMS said:

I highly recommend the BinaxNOW home and proctored test.  The 2-pack ordered through RCCL's link to optum, or optum.com, or emed.com is about $35 each with free shipping.  The 6-pack is $150.

Easy to do.  I posted a detailed description here, post #6:

• Like 1

Go to either Optum or emed websites and buy the binax now AG test kits for approx $35 each with free shipping.  You can then do the test online with a proctor monitoring you and get results while on video call and they email you the lab certificate.

Or try Walgreens for their ID now, rapid Naat test or CVS rapid antigen test which should be free.  Has been for all our tests there.   They each have different timeframes on how far out you can schedule the appt.

We last tested there jan 7th for our jan 9th cruise and had results in about 1 hour.

If needed you could say on cvs questionnaire that you may have been exposed to someone with covid.  Your not lying because none of us know for sure if exposed when you go to a store, etc.

Can confirm, with Binax Now AG test we had the results emailed to us within minutes, ready to print at home, and results are also available right away on the Navica app. You can show the printed document or the app at the port.