MUST NOT MISS on Seabourn Ovation!

CwazeAndCwaze

Hello again Seabourn Sailors!

I'm Scott, of Drew and Scott and we are Crystal Cruise refugees.  We'll be sailing Seabourn Ovation on March 13th, Miami to Miami.

What are the YOU MUST NOT MISS-es?

Food? Activities? Bars? Lounges? Excursions? Entertainment? Secret Places?

Anything you can share will be greatly appreciated as we face this new experience with excitement and trepidation (new is sometimes scary).

Thanks again for your welcoming support!

Scott

• Thanks 1

Enjoy a pre dinner drink at the bar for the TK Grill.  You do not have to be dining at the TK Grill to enjoy the adjacent bar.  Alternatively, go to the Observation Bar before dinner for appetizers and drinks. 

If you are an early riser, consider going to the Observation Bar very early in the morning as there is coffee, tea and various pastries to enjoy.  I've been there as early as 6:30am.  This is especially fun if the ship is coming into a port. 

Enjoy a Napa Burger around the pool for lunch.  

If the Cruise Director is also a musician, don't miss his/her special performance in the Grand Salon or in The Club. 

Order caviar and its accompaniments anytime--for your suite or wherever you are. 

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hard to say, all your asks are subjective and only you can decide. Our advice … chill out and take it hour by hour, day by day, if something disturbs you, chat with folks in the Square or if needed the Hotel Manager, they are all front and center. New is also enlightening.

4 hours ago, CwazeAndCwaze said:

Hello again Seabourn Sailors!

I'm Scott, of Drew and Scott and we are Crystal Cruise refugees.  We'll be sailing Seabourn Ovation on March 13th, Miami to Miami.

What are the YOU MUST NOT MISS-es?

Food? Activities? Bars? Lounges? Excursions? Entertainment? Secret Places?

Anything you can share will be greatly appreciated as we face this new experience with excitement and trepidation (new is sometimes scary).

Thanks again for your welcoming support!

Scott

We will be on this sailing. Hope to meet you!  Sunrise on the aft with drink of choice from Seabourn square. Definitely pre dinner drink at TK grill bar, I’ll be wearing purple 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, purpleally said:

We will be on this sailing. Hope to meet you!  Sunrise on the aft with drink of choice from Seabourn square. Definitely pre dinner drink at TK grill bar, I’ll be wearing purple 

"Sunrise?"  What's that?  🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Don’t know if you enjoy live music and dancing/tapping your foot, but the Band in the Club lounge, as well as the Seabourn combo in residence, are reliably great and the venue stays open as long as there are dancers. We love it. We’ll be on February 13.

• Like 1

We will also be on this sailing.  In addition to all of the above, try the almond pastries  in the morning.  They can be found in Seabourn Square.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Although I don’t know what color I’ll be wearing, 😊, if it’s pre-dinner cocktail time, I’ll most likely be drinking a Manhattan.  Cheers!  🥂

Anne Marie

• Like 1

We were on Ovation in January. In the Observation bar in the late afternoon and evening there is a piano/vocal duo not to be missed. Both extremely talented - but the female vocalist is the best I have ever heard. Period! OMG! And a stunning dresser as well. Hope she's still there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, twodjs said:

We were on Ovation in January. In the Observation bar in the late afternoon and evening there is a piano/vocal duo not to be missed. Both extremely talented - but the female vocalist is the best I have ever heard. Period! OMG! And a stunning dresser as well. Hope she's still there.

Completely agree about Adelia (and Andrew)!  They boarded the Ovation last November (brand new to Seabourn but have performed on other cruise lines before) and they were an instant hit.  Besides her singing talent, I especially like her joy and spirit and her repertoire - she sang some South African songs that are not the same old, same old.

• Like 2

On the first evening sail away,  be sure to go up to the Sky Bar.  We have met some great cruisers there.  And, it is a wonderful vantage point for a sail away. 

After you get settled in your suite on the first day, consider going by the TK Grill and meeting the crew member there.  If you want additional reservations, you can ask her what is available.  We like to make reservations for four--even if we do not initially know anyone else on the cruise.  We always meet people and it is fun to share a reservation. 

Check out the hot tub at the bow of the ship.  Mr. SLSD and I like to go there right after lunch.  We are not pool deck people, but enjoy the hot tub and sometimes have it all to ourselves.   Crew members come by to take your drink order here.  

Enjoy room service breakfast in your suite prior to an early morning excursion at a port.  You can order what you want--even if it is not on the room service menu.  

If there is a Bridge Tour and you don't respond early enough and it is full--you can ask for an additional tour and usually your request will be granted.  

Go to cooking demonstrations offered in the Grand Salon.  We have enjoyed them--humor is usually an aspect of these demonstrations.  

If you like a particular waiter in the Main Dining Room, don't hesitate to ask to be seated at one of their tables for subsequent meals.  

If you like a serene quiet breakfast, don't miss having breakfast in the main dining room.   We also enjoy having lunch there.  We are not buffet people and enjoy a white tablecloth meal. 

The staff at Seabourn Square can help you with most any issue that comes up.  Don't hesitate to ask them for whatever you need. 

At embarkation, be sure to ask to be seated on the deck outside of the Colonnade for lunch.  It is such a great way to start a cruise.  

Avail yourself of the $50.00 bag of laundry.  Seabourn will provide a laundry bag.  It doesn't look very big, but you will be amazed at how  much laundry can be stuffed into it!  Be sure to accurately count your laundry items on the provided form--otherwise, your laundry will be delayed.  I am terrible at counting pairs of my husband's socks---you just have to get the count right.  The laundry will be returned folded and/or hanging in your closet.  They do a great job. 

Accept some of the dinner invitations to dine with officers, entertainers, etc.  It is a great way to learn more about how the ship works and meet fellow guests.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SLSD said:

On the first evening sail away,  be sure to go up to the Sky Bar.  We have met some great cruisers there.  And, it is a wonderful vantage point for a sail away. 

After you get settled in your suite on the first day, consider going by the TK Grill and meeting the crew member there.  If you want additional reservations, you can ask her what is available.  We like to make reservations for four--even if we do not initially know anyone else on the cruise.  We always meet people and it is fun to share a reservation. 

Check out the hot tub at the bow of the ship.  Mr. SLSD and I like to go there right after lunch.  We are not pool deck people, but enjoy the hot tub and sometimes have it all to ourselves.   Crew members come by to take your drink order here.  

Enjoy room service breakfast in your suite prior to an early morning excursion at a port.  You can order what you want--even if it is not on the room service menu.  

If there is a Bridge Tour and you don't respond early enough and it is full--you can ask for an additional tour and usually your request will be granted.  

Go to cooking demonstrations offered in the Grand Salon.  We have enjoyed them--humor is usually an aspect of these demonstrations.  

If you like a particular waiter in the Main Dining Room, don't hesitate to ask to be seated at one of their tables for subsequent meals.  

If you like a serene quiet breakfast, don't miss having breakfast in the main dining room.   We also enjoy having lunch there.  We are not buffet people and enjoy a white tablecloth meal. 

The staff at Seabourn Square can help you with most any issue that comes up.  Don't hesitate to ask them for whatever you need. 

At embarkation, be sure to ask to be seated on the deck outside of the Colonnade for lunch.  It is such a great way to start a cruise.  

Avail yourself of the $50.00 bag of laundry.  Seabourn will provide a laundry bag.  It doesn't look very big, but you will be amazed at how  much laundry can be stuffed into it!  Be sure to accurately count your laundry items on the provided form--otherwise, your laundry will be delayed.  I am terrible at counting pairs of my husband's socks---you just have to get the count right.  The laundry will be returned folded and/or hanging in your closet.  They do a great job. 

Accept some of the dinner invitations to dine with officers, entertainers, etc.  It is a great way to learn more about how the ship works and meet fellow guests.  

Thank you SO much for all of these wonderful tips!

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the deck party towards the end of the cruise. All of the senior officers serve you and our cruise director Chris sang to us and was amazing! 

I would also recommend one of the Thomas Keller special dinners in the colonnade. The free yoga and meditation classes in the spa were great. We were the only two in all the classes we signed up for. 

As others have said, the observation bar is great for pre-dinner drinks. They have a nice selection of hors devours as well.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

CWAZEANDCWAZE, TOM&TERRY......

OMG...THANKFULLY YOU ARE GOING TO BE BACK AT SEA,,,, YOU ALL ARE LIKE FAIRY DUST BEING SPREAD ALL OVER THE GLOBE.

YOU ARE LIKE THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWNS OF CRUISING.....

AND AS FAR AS YOUR COMMENT ON BEING OLD(65) UNTECH & DRINK TOO MUCH....MY GOODNESS WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO LIVE FOR...YOU HAVE A DELICIOUS RELATIONSHIP &  GUCCI - ESQUE FRIENDS & BEAUTIFUL  PUPPIES TO SLOBBER ALL OVER YOU UPON YOUR RETURN(HOW YOU MIX ALL THAT UP IS UP TO YOU 2).

SO KEEP SPREADING YOUR FABOO GLOBALLY...MIAMI HASN'T SEEN ANYTHING LIKE YOU ALL SINCE JAMES DEERING!!!

HUGS DAHLINGS!!!

WOW!!! LOL!!!  I'm loading up an extra bag of Fairy Dust as I type!!!!

XOXOXOXO

• Like 1

Don’t go to Sushi.  If one had not been to Umi Uma it would be nice but does not hold a candle to Umi Uma

They probably are not doing “Shopping with the Chef” but if you ever on a cruise that has it do That. 

Order caviar and champagne delivered to

your suite when you are getting ready

for dinner.  It is a nice treat pre cocktails in Observation or TG Bar.

Have fun

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2022 at 5:49 PM, SLSD said:

Enjoy a pre dinner drink at the bar for the TK Grill.  You do not have to be dining at the TK Grill to enjoy the adjacent bar.  Alternatively, go to the Observation Bar before dinner for appetizers and drinks. 

If you are an early riser, consider going to the Observation Bar very early in the morning as there is coffee, tea and various pastries to enjoy.  I've been there as early as 6:30am.  This is especially fun if the ship is coming into a port. 

Enjoy a Napa Burger around the pool for lunch.  

If the Cruise Director is also a musician, don't miss his/her special performance in the Grand Salon or in The Club. 

Order caviar and its accompaniments anytime--for your suite or wherever you are. 

Excellent points.  Mrs Banjo and I do much the same and some days enjoy tea in the observation lounge as well.  They serve finger sandwiches and appetizers as well.  I am an early riser and enjoy coffee and pastries every morning while watching the world around me or just reading in the quiet time of the  morning .

Edited by crusinbanjo
  • Like 1

@CwazeAndCwaze A few additional thoughts:

* swap the Welcome Champagne for anything else you prefer
* all complimentary wines are available every day, just ask for what you'd like
* grab a seat at the Sky Bar for sailaway on embarkation day
* TK Grill Bar is great spot for pre-dinner cocktails
* Caviar in the Pool is a ton of fun
* try the TK Napa Burger and TK Yountwurst at the Patio Grill
* have dinner at Earth & Ocean.  Fab menu.  Go early as it fills up fast
* don't miss the Galley Lunch, if still offered
* don't miss Chef's Dinner in The Restaurant
* don't miss Officers on Deck party on final nite before disembarkation
* accept dinner invites to hosted tables in The Restaurant at least once
* Sushi is worth a visit on Encore/Ovation.  Menu on formal nites is quite special
* souffles in The Restaurant are usually excellent
* house made gelato is pretty decent
* SB breadsticks are legendary and addictive
* special order any meal with 24+ hour notice
* purchase an FCD while onboard to get 5% discount on future cruise

Finally, resist the natural temptation to compare and contrast everything to Crystal.  Just appreciate the differences and enjoy Seabourn for what it is.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, MightyQuinn said:

@CwazeAndCwaze A few additional thoughts:

* swap the Welcome Champagne for anything else you prefer
* all complimentary wines are available every day, just ask for what you'd like
* grab a seat at the Sky Bar for sailaway on embarkation day
* TK Grill Bar is great spot for pre-dinner cocktails
* Caviar in the Pool is a ton of fun
* try the TK Napa Burger and TK Yountwurst at the Patio Grill
* have dinner at Earth & Ocean.  Fab menu.  Go early as it fills up fast
* don't miss the Galley Lunch, if still offered
* don't miss Chef's Dinner in The Restaurant
* don't miss Officers on Deck party on final nite before disembarkation
* accept dinner invites to hosted tables in The Restaurant at least once
* Sushi is worth a visit on Encore/Ovation.  Menu on formal nites is quite special
* souffles in The Restaurant are usually excellent
* house made gelato is pretty decent
* SB breadsticks are legendary and addictive
* special order any meal with 24+ hour notice
* purchase an FCD while onboard to get 5% discount on future cruise

Finally, resist the natural temptation to compare and contrast everything to Crystal.  Just appreciate the differences and enjoy Seabourn for what it is.

Wonderful.  Thank you so much!