Deluxe beverage package/ bottled water question?

I'm on a ship right now and the water is in cans, not bottles. - A generic can of Royal Caribbean filtered spring water.

Although I ask for a bottle of water, they give me a can. Maybe you're right and you can specify a brand.

I didn't answer your question, just added something else to wonder about. 

Edited by SG65CB

2 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

I'm on a ship right now and the water is in cans, not bottles. - A generic can of Royal Caribbean filtered spring water.

Although I ask for a bottle of water, they give me a can. Maybe you're right and you can specify a brand.

I didn't answer your question, just added something else to wonder about. 

If you just ask for "a water", they will by default give you the cheapest option.  You can also ask for a S. Pellegrino.  

(The canned waters are due to the ease of recycling and move away from single-use plastics. Aluminum cans are infinitely recyclable.)

• Like 1

I have to chime in here...Before COVID, for both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, they specifically noted Evian in the marketing materials to identify what's available on the drink packages, so, I would always order Evian.

The bartenders worked very hard to not give me Evian water even lying about it being out of stock or saying it's not allowed. (This was on both the Liberty of the Seas and the Equinox.) They insisted on providing a generic bottle of water. In some cases when I could see the Evian behind the bar, they tried to talk me into two generics instead of a single bottle of Evian. The generic bottles of water might cost them a nickel or less. Evian definitely costs them more than that.

On both ships, I did call the beverage manager to better understand why this was an issue and that did lead to Evian becoming more readily available. (On Celebrity, they even sent an entire case of Evian to my cabin as an apology.) I don't like to complain about things and was disappointed they put me in that position but I like being lied to even less.

I understand their desire to make more money but since it was part of the sales pitch, I wanted the higher priced product. (I typically drink tap water at home and Costco bottled water on the go.)

As of today, Royal no longer identifies Evian in their marketing. They call it "still and sparkling" waters. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/beverage-packages

If you pay cash, I'll bet you can easily get Evian. If you use the drink package, I'm betting they'll do everything to pass off the cheaper option. As Brillo noted, the rules state any beverage less than $13 so Evian should be accessible.

I'll find out in June! If you find out earlier, let us know!

Edited by cruisinfly
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

Any drink up to $13 is covered with the Deluxe Beverage Package.

7 minutes ago, cruisinfly said:

I have to chime in here...Before COVID, for both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, they specifically noted Evian in the marketing materials to identify what's available on the drink packages, so, I would always order Evian.

The bartenders worked very hard to not give me Evian water even lying about it being out of stock or saying it's not allowed. (This was on both the Liberty of the Seas and the Equinox.) They insisted on providing a generic bottle of water. In some cases when I could see the Evian behind the bar, they tried to talk me into two generics instead of a single bottle of Evian. The generic bottles of water might cost them a nickel or less. Evian definitely costs them more than that.

On both ships, I did call the beverage manager to better understand why this was an issue and that did lead to Evian becoming more readily available. (On Celebrity, they even sent an entire case of Evian to my cabin as an apology.) I don't like to complain about things and was disappointed they put me in that position but I like being lied to even less.

I understand their desire to make more money but since it was part of the sales pitch, I wanted the higher priced product. (I typically drink tap water at home and Costco bottled water on the go.)

As of today, Royal no longer identifies Evian in their marketing. They call it "still and sparkling" waters. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/beverage-packages

If you pay cash, I'll bet you can easily get Evian. If you use the drink package, I'm betting they'll do everything to pass off the cheaper option. As Brillo noted, the rules state any beverage less than $13 so Evian should be accessible.

I will be on the Allure first week of April and intend to find out.  We usually order the Evian case to our room and it’s now a case of the cans as the water option and if I’m going to pay why would I buy the same product you get at every bar when I have drink package.  Was hoping for a bit more crisp water package option.  Gotta stay hydrated between my 9+ alcoholic drinks per day.  The water keeps our alcohol package one step shy of an AA meeting.  

• Like 2

Yes, you can bring up to 12 bottles of 16 oz waters onboard per cabin. 

I have only seen flip top (soda can style) water cans or the tall skinny alum. bottles with screw cap.

Can always bring your own water bottle and go to one of the self-serve areas that offers filtered water and put in a glass then fill up your water bottle.   You are not allowed to fill up your water bottles at the self serve locations.    

Water was in bottles on Mariner last week anytime I asked for it at the bars.  Only time I saw the cans were the 4 that were pre-stocked in the suite next to the coffee maker.  Maybe they are using the last of them & switching over.  Also we had 1 big Evian bottle in the fridge but it wasn’t replaced when we drank it.

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

the tall skinny alum. bottles with screw cap.

They had these in two sizes on my 7-day Navigator, but the 4-day and 3-day after that were only the regular cans. 

I don't mind the screw-top aluminum bottles at all, but the cans are a bit too flimsy, plus not resealable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisinfly said:

I will be on the Oasis 3/6 and I will ask for Evian and definitely S Pellegrino- love it. I will post my results on my live report for you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruisinfly said:

I don’t see anywhere that they promise Evian.  They simply state still or sparkling water.  So you make the workers jump through hoop after hoop because you don’t like older marketing materials, yet you gladly drink generic bottled water at home.  As if Evian is any better than whatever generic bottled/canned water they were going to give you.  In my experience pre Covid, they never used Evian for the drink package (only cases ordered or individually purchased).  

Next time, maybe just write corporate an email and save the poor workers in the ship?  They have enough stress as it is right now with Covid.  Imagine what they are thinking as you escalate your complaints about the brand of water you get.  I can only imagine the thoughts in their head.  

• Like 6

On 2/11/2022 at 9:51 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I have heard some ships still occasionally find a plastic water bottle but not the "norm".

Royal policy is to find a alternative to plastics water bottles when available. They are not trying to find plastics water bottles. I can't believe I'm saying this " in the olden days " water came out of a tap 🤣 and the joke was to sell ice to the Eskimos. Sell water in plastic bottles 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Royal policy is to find a alternative to plastics water bottles when available. They are not trying to find plastics water bottles. I can't believe I'm saying this " in the olden days " water came out of a tap 🤣 and the joke was to sell ice to the Eskimos. Sell water in plastic bottles 🤷‍♂️

Yes, they do whatever they have to to be environmentally friendly.    I was simply saying that some ships the passengers are still finding plastic bottles being used in some venues.

On my last sailing the bartender handed me plastic bottles in the middle of the cruise and said I guess they found them somewhere in storage area because we had alum before and after that one night.