Cruise Critic heading out on Seashore on 2/19! What do you want to know?

Cruise Critic Chris

4 hours ago, Svealise said:

When are you sailing? ️  
We are boarding for our first cruise 19/3 B2B 😎 

We hope to be on the same sailing. DW would love a B2B, but she will not do it because I cannot control myself when it comes to MSC donuts.It takes me exactly 3 weeks in between one week cruises to lose the 10 lbs every time.

• Haha 2

• Members
6 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

From your article "In the upper suites, you also get a bottle of your favorite spirit, along with mixers." Where is it written that my Owners suite on Feb 12,2022 sailing should come with this bottle of spirit ? I had to ask my butler and he feigned any knowledge of it. I did get a small bottle of Jack Daniels on my third day after my questioning. We are going back in March 2022 in same cabin and would like to present our butler with this printed amenity. Thank you. Love all your reporting. Thanks to you we now know everything we have been missing and hope to take advantage of next month. Will print out your list from second article.

Hi, our butler told us that the bottle of liquor was included, and kept asking us to choose! We ended up not even opening it, as we were not in our cabin all that much. 

If your butler doesn't know, I would definitely talk to the Yacht Club director. 

1 hour ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Hi, our butler told us that the bottle of liquor was included, and kept asking us to choose! We ended up not even opening it, as we were not in our cabin all that much. 

If your butler doesn't know, I would definitely talk to the Yacht Club director. 

Thank you for your reply. It is definitely an amenity given to Celebrity Suite guests of 2 bottles of spirits in RS and higher, but we have not seen it listed anywhere for MSC's RS or OS list. With the included beverage package these bottle(s) make great gifts. Perhaps we were given it as a token seeing as we were only drinking bottled water. We deduce you are in a RS from your photos and your complimentary cabana on the YC pool deck. Were you comped that cabana at Ocean Cay ? Your glowing reports deserve something special.  Impartiality. It might help a bit if you found something to fault MSC. Though we understand how hard that can be traveling in Yacht Club.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:17 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

I must say that after 50 + cruises on different cruise lines over the last 15 yrs  that is absolutely the worst Elegant Night MDR menu I have ever seen!!!

We left Carnival due to the "Comfort" menu they came out with years ago.  I just looked at Carnival's menus and they now look better than MSC's.  

It's a skinny menu!     I'm wondering if they stripped it down because they have so few people on  board right now .. less chance of waste.    

Any thoughts about MSC's menus from others? 

On 2/24/2022 at 1:41 PM, Cruise Critic Chris said:

I can't get the dailies for the rest of the ship for the entire week but I have one from a sea day and one from a port day. That should give you a good idea of hours.

4D290337-C9E3-4651-87CE-EBC5E7335FD8.jpeg

C4300EAF-B2C4-47B3-9ABA-F26038F5BB03.jpeg

23BFE35A-5EAE-487B-A5DB-21D5C61E140C.jpeg

63549C2F-76C7-4ADF-968A-BF2BF68D323C.jpeg

Thank you for posting! 

On 2/26/2022 at 9:36 PM, amygutman said:

Thank you for the lovely review! Cannot wait to get onboard our April 9 YC cruise...but for now am smiling when I head of to bed dreaming of balcony bliss...

Warmest, Amy

We will also be on the April 9th sailing in the YC!  First cruise ever for my oldest son...gonna have to tell him it's downhill after the YC😂

12 hours ago, psmarkle said:

We will also be on the April 9th sailing in the YC!  First cruise ever for my oldest son...gonna have to tell him it's downhill after the YC😂

I agree! Any day at sea is wonderful, but any day at sea in a Haven is amazing. Hopeful that the YC offers a similar amazing experience. 

We truly are spoiled...I know it's been asked before: would you do one Haven cruise vs 2-4 balcony cruises for the same price. Well - I suppose it depends on the ship but the experience itself, the worry-free, stress-free, awesome service and being made to feel like royalty for a week or so...I'll take Haven (or YC) heaven any day. 

Look forward to seeing you April 9th - 2 pale and chubby middle-agers who have terrible taste in clothing and a (soon to be) 13 year old who is way, way cooler than his parents (just ask him!). 

Warmest, Amy

On 2/26/2022 at 7:49 PM, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Thank You for all the wonderful information. This is going to be my third MSC cruise and you made a great point about the MDR. Service has always been great and efficient, food tends to be hit or miss.

On 3/2/2022 at 9:37 PM, Back Woods Boy said:

Thank You for all the wonderful information. This is going to be my third MSC cruise and you made a great point about the MDR. Service has always been great and efficient, food tends to be hit or miss.

For YC, those mini bottles of liquor are included and you can ask your butler or room attendant to change to your preferred drinks.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 12:47 AM, Ree5676 said:

He’s the best! Sadly he’s leaving this week or next! Right before I sail on 3/12 😢

Good news for you!  They extended him to this week, then he's off!

On 3/4/2022 at 2:28 PM, ashank1m said:

For YC, those mini bottles of liquor are included and you can ask your butler or room attendant to change to your preferred drinks.   

And on some ships out of Miami they have done away with the little bottles in YC and have gone to one big one once.

They have also, on some ships, moved to some items like Twix going to only one then rest are $6.95.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 9:23 PM, ginger123snaps said:

So which complimentary bottle of spirits is included.  I see prices next to those spirits

Ignore the price.  You just pick one.  We had a B2B.  Chose Bombay Sapphire week one and Ketel One on week two.

• 4 weeks later...