Are there any current Covid isolations?

Iris5383

A few weeks ago there were (at least) three conversations about Covid isolations on HAL. Two were onboard and one where passengers forfeited the second leg of a B2B in FLL. I haven't seen any more since. Is it because 1) there aren't any more isolations, 2) nobody isolated wants to write about it, or 3) incentives are offered to not mention isolation.

I hope the Covid infection rate has dropped to zero onboard and DH and I can start planning a cruise, but I'm not optimistic enough to believe that.

Really?  Honestly, if you and DH aren't ready to cruise, it's certainly not the time for you to cruise.  Just because we WISH covid were over doesn't make it over.  Do we need more threads re isolations, or someone writing about being in isolation and lastly, incentives offered to not mention isolation--that's a reach?  If y'all are not feeling comfortable cruising, it's time to wait to plan any cruise vacation.

Edited by 12cruise2

1 minute ago, 12cruise2 said:

Really?  Honestly, if you and DH aren't ready to cruise, it's certainly not the time for you to cruise.  Just because we WISH covid were over doesn't make it over.  Do we need more threads re isolations, or someone writing about being in isolation and lastly, incentives offered to mention isolation?  If y'all are not feeling comfortable cruising, it's time to wait to plan any cruise vacation.

Why are you scolding me for asking the question? In case it matters, DH and I are more than ready to cruise, we've had two vaccines and the booster, but he is on meds that weaken his immunity. Cruising is not worth dying for.

I wasn't asking if incentives were offered to mention isolation, I was asking if they were offered to NOT mention it.

In order to plan, yes, we do need threads that talk about isolation, if it is still happening.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I modified my response to include NOT mention isolation.  But you quoted it before I made my change; it's showing corrected now.  There probably will be isolation for a long time to come as covid is NOT gone, so it is still going to be going around for some time to come.  Hence, my comment everyone's wishing covid were over doesn't make it over.  If finding out if anyone is in isolation makes a difference in your planning, then now is not the time to be planning a cruise.  It clearly is important to you for the cruising experience to be back to normal and it just isn't yet.  HAL still requires vaccination and masks on board and testing two days in advance, so that tells me nothing too much has changed.

The number of isolations has probably dropped considerably, and perhaps no one wants to talk about it. Remember Cruise Critic is a very small percentage of cruisers. I know when we sail in two weeks, I won't be posting about isolation, or positive tests.

Somebody mentioned a couple days ago about numbers of positive tests on KDam doing multiple tests to meet Hawaii's requirements. It was sort of a "I know, but I am not talking, just teasing info" sort of post.

I can’t imagine there NOT being some isolations and quarantines due to Covid. It’s still quite prevalent. And no ship is just going to let people who are known positive or symptomatic run loose. 

For that matter, isolation and quarantine have always been a possibility aboard ship. They would never knowingly allow someone with Noro to run around during a contagious period. Or measles. Or a host of other things.

Are you concerned people infectious for Covid aren’t being identified and isolated/quarantined? Or that they are being identified and isolated?

I am on the Rotterdam now (boarded 2/5). Last week in the Ask the Captain session in the World Stage, Captain Timmers was asked how many people on board were in the Covid quarantine cabins on decks 4 and 5. He said there was ONE person onboard, to great applause. I have no reason to doubt him. Also he said there were around 1700 pax on board. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I can’t imagine there NOT being some isolations and quarantines due to Covid. It’s still quite prevalent. And no ship is just going to let people who are known positive or symptomatic run loose. 

For that matter, isolation and quarantine have always been a possibility aboard ship. They would never knowingly allow someone with Noro to run around during a contagious period. Or measles. Or a host of other things.

Are you concerned people infectious for Covid aren’t being identified and isolated/quarantined? Or that they are being identified and isolated?

I was wondering if Covid is still as prevalent onboard as it seemed to be when Omicron first started. There is no question that those with infections need to be isolated. I want to know if there are many people being isolated now.

3 hours ago, CafeBruno said:

I am on the Rotterdam now (boarded 2/5). Last week in the Ask the Captain session in the World Stage, Captain Timmers was asked how many people on board were in the Covid quarantine cabins on decks 4 and 5. He said there was ONE person onboard, to great applause. I have no reason to doubt him. Also he said there were around 1700 pax on board. 

@CafeBrunoThat's what I wanted to know! That is very good news. Thank you. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The number of isolations has probably dropped considerably, and perhaps no one wants to talk about it. Remember Cruise Critic is a very small percentage of cruisers. I know when we sail in two weeks, I won't be posting about isolation, or positive tests.

Somebody mentioned a couple days ago about numbers of positive tests on KDam doing multiple tests to meet Hawaii's requirements. It was sort of a "I know, but I am not talking, just teasing info" sort of post.

@CruiserBruce Would you post from onboard if you tested positive and were put in isolation? The threads by (I think these were the names) RiversEdge and NMCruiser, who were in isolation, and another thread by the person not allowed back onboard for the second leg of a B2B, gave helpful and pertinent information to everyone with cruises planned and to those of us holding back from planning for now. 

1 hour ago, Iris5383 said:

Would you post from onboard if you tested positive and were put in isolation?

I would post if I was in isolation...why not?  I wouldn't have anything to hide, plus it would be a way to help the time pass by.

Also, like was stated above, the ones who have posted from isolation provided helpful information to those planning to cruise.  I found it especially informative to read RiversEdge say her and her husband only had about 30 seconds to decide whether to isolate together or not.  Had they known that, they may have had a conversation pre-cruise to plan out their "what ifs" before needing to make a snap decision.  It was also informative to hear that the person in isolation will get credit for days in isolation whereas the partner not in isolation doesn't get credit.  Knowing that could sway some cruisers' decision whether to isolate/quarantine together or not.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Iris5383 said:

A few weeks ago there were (at least) three conversations about Covid isolations on HAL. Two were onboard and one where passengers forfeited the second leg of a B2B in FLL. I haven't seen any more since. Is it because 1) there aren't any more isolations, 2) nobody isolated wants to write about it, or 3) incentives are offered to not mention isolation.

I hope the Covid infection rate has dropped to zero onboard and DH and I can start planning a cruise, but I'm not optimistic enough to believe that.

We are sailing on the Rotterdam in 5 weeks and right now I feel pretty good about what's going on with Covid. I think we might  have reached endemic stage and things will soon be back to normal with the Cruise Industry. We took 2 cruises in December and things were fine and then Omicron set things back. I've noticed that a few ships have been reclassified as Orange on the CDC Cruise Ship site which is good news. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

We are sailing on the Rotterdam in 5 weeks and right now I feel pretty good about what's going on with Covid. I think we might  have reached endemic stage and things will soon be back to normal with the Cruise Industry. We took 2 cruises in December and things were fine and then Omicron set things back. I've noticed that a few ships have been reclassified as Yellow on the CDC Cruise Ship site which is good news. I originally said Orange which was wrong.

Edited by MISTER 67