4 Category Upgrade Sale

ORV

I know this has been posted many times but I can't seem to find the Terms and Conditions on this and the way it works. I realize it's only certain cruises, and there's a link in the email that takes you to them. What I can't find is how it works. There is a link on the cruise I'm looking at for the special offer T & C, but when you click it it doesn't explain the details, just says contact your Travel professional for pricing.  I think it's within the category, and excludes the top suites. Does it start at the b-4 level? 

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

reading the T & C s for  WINTER SALE

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

It does not say if any Categories are except from the promotion  that I could see

Not much  about the  category upgrade at all

I’ve read on these boards that, for example, its not possible to use the category upgrade to go from a Concierge level stateroom to a penthouse level stateroom. So, it is restricted to some of the lower levels. I don’t have anymore details than that…..

19 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I’ve read on these boards that, for example, its not possible to use the category upgrade to go from a Concierge level stateroom to a penthouse level stateroom. So, it is restricted to some of the lower levels. I don’t have anymore details than that…..

Some of the itineraries do have upgrades to PH, and they are typically the largest total savings. For example, one itinerary I looked at had a PH3 for the price of an A1. PH3 price went from $5199 to $4249, a $950 savings; the next best savings was $450 for a B4 at the C price.

Edited by AMHuntFerry
fir->for

24 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I do not think that is  the case I have seen posts where people went from A to PH

Top suites are probably excluded or difficult to use the upgrade promo

JMO

10 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Some of the itineraries do have upgrades to PH, and they are typically the largest total savings. For example, one itinerary I looked at had a PH3 for the price of an A1. PH3 price went from $5199 to $4249, a $950 savings; the next best savings was $450 fir a B4 at the C price.

Thanks that is helpful.  It seems they would have gotten more mileage out of this promotion if they'd listed these savings on the itinerary page.

8 minutes ago, davencl said:

Thanks that is helpful.  It seems they would have gotten more mileage out of this promotion if they'd listed these savings on the itinerary page.

Having paper catalogs from Jan/Feb2022 really helps do comparisons. There is a pdf from a few days ago too....I'll see if it's still on CC...

Here it is (scroll down until you see a pdf):

Edited by AMHuntFerry
added link to pdf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Having paper catalogs from Jan/Feb2022 really helps do comparisons. There is a pdf from a few days ago too....I'll see if it's still on CC...

Here it is (scroll down until you see a pdf):

That's great just what I was looking for.   Not sure why Oceania doesn't just link this on their website.  

36 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

so it looks like only A & B  categories  are in the upgrade sale

you can go from A to PH  or  B to A  categories

🤔

OOPS

I need new glasses 😐

some sailing do have insides & C category cabins  in the  sale 

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

It is possible to go from Concierge to a PH3.  Take a look at the difference in price between a PH3 and and a PH2 .  If that difference is more than 400/500 pp you are seeing the Category upgrade price.

On the lower categories you should see the top of one category and the bottom of the next level at the same price.  Never includes top 3 suite levels and you can't go from Concierge to a PH2 or 1.

I guess I wouldn't call this a category upgrade sale.  It's really just a sale of higher categories reduced to a lower category price.  I.E. you don't book a lower category and then get upgraded.  I suppose  from  a sales perspective calling it an upgrade sounds better....

1 hour ago, davencl said:

I guess I wouldn't call this a category upgrade sale.  It's really just a sale of higher categories reduced to a lower category price.  I.E. you don't book a lower category and then get upgraded.  I suppose  from  a sales perspective calling it an upgrade sounds better....

You pay for a lower category and get a better cabin.  Why carp?

I don't really understand what's available to me in this promotion? So if I want to book the cheapest B level with Veranda, what else is available for me to upgrade to? I went through the booking process, and though my cruise is eligible, I'm not seeing a way to upgrade for free.Screenshot_20220217-083055.thumb.png.53e3b42c4d6708d7b76bedcadd7ff24e.png

2 hours ago, Heartlander1965 said:

I don't really understand what's available to me in this promotion? So if I want to book the cheapest B level with Veranda, what else is available for me to upgrade to? I went through the booking process, and though my cruise is eligible, I'm not seeing a way to upgrade for free.Screenshot_20220217-083055.thumb.png.53e3b42c4d6708d7b76bedcadd7ff24e.png

If I'm understanding others here correctly, I believe the price for the sale is built in and already listed. Or if you're really serious contact your TA or if you don't use one call Oceania. 

• Like 1