Specialty Dining - Eclipse

kstetser

We will be sailing on our first Celebrity cruise in late July on the Eclipse (Hubbard Glacier).  We are booked in a Celebrity Suite.

I do not understand about the specialty restaurants/suite guest process.   Do I just book them through the website?  What is included with our suite vs. upcharge?

Would love reviews/comments on the various restaurants.   We will be celebrating my birthday on board.  2 vegetarians in our party and we are all foodies.

Thanks!

Kathi

In a suite, your assigned dining room is Luminae. There is no charge there. It is open for all meals on sea days and breakfast and dinner on port days. It is very much a step above the main dining room experience.  Many people feel it is as good as or better than the available specialty restaurants. You can google or youtube for menus.  This is a smaller, quieter venue with impeccable service. If you want something not on the menu, the chef will most likely be able to accomodate if asked 24 hrs. in advance. So you might wish to ask for a special vegetarian selection You will also have access to the usual main dining room daily menus. So lots of choices. There is always at least one vegetarian selection in Luminae each evening and I believe also in the main dining menu.  The upcharge specialty restaurants are Murano, French inspired, Tuscan Grill, Italian steakhouse and Le Petit Chef, an animated show. THese range from $45 to $55 per person. I would wait until on board and trying Luminae before booking these. Your personal retreat host or the Retreat Lounge concierge can make reservations for you. 

Edited by 39august

28 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

In addition to the restaurants mentioned above Eclipse also has a Sushi on 5.  Japanese inspired with al a carte pricing.

Murano is excellent, just tell your Suite assistant (Butler) when you want to go. Book on website or look for sales on first night. 

Most important is to let the Matre'd in Luminae know your dining restrictions and desires and the birthday.  Remember other venues will not usually know you have vegetarian friends.   

I would wait till on board as there are often deals. Agree Luminae is excellent.We only venture once a cruise as the meals there should satisfy a foodie.  Blu is one is in Aqua class is also a smaller quieter venue with staff that will work with you