Onboard credit used to reserve shore excursions

Carolyn&Phil

How do I use my onboard credit to pay for reserved shore excursions?  The credit is in my name and I want to use it for both my wife and my excursions.  I  tried to reserve an excursion and it shows that I have to pay for wife's using a credit card.  Is this the only way?  Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Carolyn&Phil said:

How do I use my onboard credit to pay for reserved shore excursions?  The credit is in my name and I want to use it for both my wife and my excursions.  I  tried to reserve an excursion and it shows that I have to pay for wife's using a credit card.  Is this the only way?  Thanks in advance.

yes, you can use posted OBC to book excursions ... actually that is the only? thing you can use OBC for pre-cruise.

In your case, just call Princess and they will handle the booking of the excursion(s) for both of you, using the OBC posted to your account only.  Unfortunately, there is currently no way  to do that online now, as far as I now..

• Like 4

13 hours ago, voljeep said:

yes, you can use posted OBC to book excursions ... actually that is the only? thing you can use OBC for pre-cruise.

In your case, just call Princess and they will handle the booking of the excursion(s) for both of you, using the OBC posted to your account only.  Unfortunately, there is currently no way  to do that online now, as far as I now..

Yes, call Princess and ask for the excursion department (but be prepared for a long wait on hold). They should be able to use it for both of you.

3 hours ago, minnesotasisu said:

I made my excursion reservations online and they automatically used my onboard credits that I had. No need to call Princess

I think the need to call Princess is for the OBC to be used for both people when it is in the name of only one passenger such as the shareholder's OBC which even if it is held jointly is only posted to one passenger.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skynight said:

You either have to call Princess or wait until you are on the ship. Call exactly when they open which I believe is 8am Pacific time.

I also think it requires a call or possibly an online chat when having different amounts of OBC & here are the current times for both options although it might be different for the excursion section.

General Support:
1-800-774-6237

Monday – Friday:
6:00am – 6:00pm PT

Saturday:
8:00am – 5:00pm PT

Live Chat:
Monday – Friday: 6:00am – 9:00pm PT

Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am – 6:00pm PT

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I think the need to call Princess is for the OBC to be used for both people when it is in the name of only one passenger such as the shareholder's OBC which even if it is held jointly is only posted to one passenger.

I generously receive military OBC so we always request shareholder OBC in my wife’s name for our jointly owned CCL stock to balance our amounts. That doesn’t always work because they routinely provide SOBC to the first name on the reservation which is me. Before Booking Support got overwhelmed by requests a quick call to them balanced our amounts so we could easily book excursions online.

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I made excursion reservations for my wife and I even though some of the onboard credit was in my name. It is like a joint account... whatever is mine is hers and whatever hers is hers too

1 hour ago, minnesotasisu said:

I made excursion reservations for my wife and I even though some of the onboard credit was in my name. It is like a joint account... whatever is mine is hers and whatever hers is hers too

Being married for going on 44 years I understand that, but the cruise line considers the OBC in each name as separate. You will need their assistance to allow it to be shared prior to the cruise. Once onboard if both of you are using the same credit card, it will be shared.

17 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Being married for going on 44 years I understand that, but the cruise line considers the OBC in each name as separate. You will need their assistance to allow it to be shared prior to the cruise. Once onboard if both of you are using the same credit card, it will be shared.

As I mentioned I had no problem making our excursion reservations using our OBC online

On our last Princess cruise we used most of the OBC for excursions but had $40 each left.  We tried to combine it to use for an internet package but they said we could only do that once we were on the ship. They said they will hold it for us at the sale price of$75 but didn't and had to pay $99.  We complained to guest services and they credited us with the $25.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ontheweb said:

This is not so. I booked shore trips on line using the cruise personaliser for myself and my partner and on board  credit was automatically deducted from both of our accounts. I did not have nor need his assistance when I made the reservations. In fact he was not about when I made them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

On our last Princess cruise we used most of the OBC for excursions but had $40 each left.  We tried to combine it to use for an internet package but they said we could only do that once we were on the ship. They said they will hold it for us at the sale price of$75 but didn't and had to pay $99.  We complained to guest services and they credited us with the $25.

Thank you, that is what I have been saying about using OBC that it cannot be shared.

3 hours ago, Alcairns said:

This is not so. I booked shore trips on line using the cruise personaliser for myself and my partner and on board  credit was automatically deducted from both of our accounts. I did not have nor need his assistance when I made the reservations. In fact he was not about when I made them. 

Right, you can do that, and I have in the past for both DW and myself. What becomes a problem is using OBC only credited to one person to be used for the other.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:20 AM, minnesotasisu said:

I made my excursion reservations online and they automatically used my onboard credits that I had. No need to call Princess

Did you have OBCs specifically designated to excursions (vs. general OBCs)?