Covid Testing Change Coming?

jhannah

5 hours ago, Mary229 said:

My TA described her recent NCL procedure.  She was tested, antigen, at the pier.  If anyone tested positive they were then given a PCR test.  She said the double test, both costs borne by NCL, seemed to prevent anyone from being needlessly left ashore.  

There are at least 12 of us who wished HAL would of had that procedure in San Diego to Hawaii in January....😞

Edited by PSR

So, is HAL also going to adhere to the CCL statement regarding Documentation of Recovery where no pretesting is required to board if they are fully vaccinated, had COVID and have a recovery statement from their healthcare provider?

Edited by PROCRUISE

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

To my knowledge HAL has not yet updated the policy.  I expect they will tomorrow.  My TA always forwards me the briefing they send. 

I agree with you as I cannot find it on the website and I think the HAL offices are closed today for the holiday.

This is what I was referring to.  It is under the questions in the FAQ's 

COVID 19 Testing Requirements

I Had Covid-19 And Recovered but Still Test Positive, Will I Be Able To Travel?

Exceptions may apply for fully vaccinated asymptomatic guests that have tested positive for COVID-19 in the 90 days prior to embarkation and are fully recovered. Guests will need to provide a letter of recovery from their doctor and laboratory test results that are not older than 90 days. 

The Documentation of Recovery prerequisites include:   

1.    Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago), and 

2.    A signed letter, on official letterhead that contains the name, address, and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official, stating that the individual has been cleared to end isolation, is at least 10 days past their infection start date and can travel. The letter should include the date of the positive test and patient identifiers such as name and date of birth that matches the passport or other travel documents.