Paris to Rome by train

homeschoolmom3

Just starting to get information on our 12 night Mediterranean cruise. Thought was to spend 3 nights in Paris then take a train to Rome for 3 nights before the cruise. Train travel is not our norm. There are direct trains leaving Paris just before 7 in the morning arriving in Milan just after 2pm. Next train leaves at 2:30 with a direct to Rome. Can non- athletic, middle-aged adults get luggage,  get off of one train then miraculously find a different train in 23 minutes when we do not know the language. (Would already have train tickets purchased) or do we need to give ourselves more time? Thank you in advance 

Your best source of train information anywhere in the world is 'The Man in Seat 61' 

www.seat61.com

For instance, he says the best site for information about European train timetable is the Deutsche Bahn site (in English) - details on how to access it is on his website.

www.bahn.de/en

I don't know when you plan to travel, but a dummy booking for a random date in May, shows a connection in Turin, with over an hour between trains which seems preferable to 23 minutes!!!

Might be worth a look at his website??

Edited by sailing canary
Add website details
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget to add up the time it takes to get to the airport, check in, fly, get your bags, and get to your hotel.

The train goes city center to city center and it is a great experience. Yes, use the amazing high-speed trains,  not regular trains.

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1

The Paris to Milan is all in Trenitaia Frecciarossa trains.  I believe the Milan to Rome part is the same.   Trenitalia is the website to look at.   I was browsing yesterday and I could do First Class for less than a flight.  I might do this trip just to breathe between all my other things I'm doing on this trip.  

• Thanks 1