ready to scream in frustration :)

cruise kitty

So...  been on phone with X for the last hour....for our upcoming cruise my dh has been listed as  Guest 2, TBD.....  seemed like a good idea to call as the online system would not let me correct his name (we are almost a month from final payment).   the young woman updated his info, I thanked her, & as usual asked for an updated invoice showing his name/CC # added ...  on my new invoice the price is almost double what our price should be... being handed off from guest service to greet service, none of whom can figure it out...  how could one tiny thing have gone so badly wrong???

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Update:   the wonderful Annice was able to trace back & get everything corrected 🙂

tip:  anytime you do anything over the phone ask for a new invoice to be emailed...   😉

So happy eveything worked out well.  I had a large price increase while getting a reduction...it just happens, but is so frustrating.  My DH was changed to a different country of residence, along with our ages not being accurate.  Happy endings are the best!

• Like 1

I never get off the phone without an email with a booking confirmation, especially if I am not talking to our CVP. Last change I made when she was on vacation I suddenly was charged $400 for making changes to a NRD booking. Since I had made several changes when the fee was waived due to Covid I refused to hang up until I talked to a supervisor. The rep finally came back on and said he got a waiver of the change fees.  When my CVP returned there was still one fee left that I had accepted.  She promptly got that one waived too.  You should see our current booking confirmation, it is 2 pages long with all the charges and credits.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

So happy eveything worked out well.  I had a large price increase while getting a reduction...it just happens, but is so frustrating.  My DH was changed to a different country of residence, along with our ages not being accurate.  Happy endings are the best!

It's a mystery, right?   Anytime I'm actually repricing, I know things will go wrong,  perks will disappear, & it will probably turn into a half day ordeal...  in this case I thought I was pretty safe lol...  it would appear not 😉 

the huge price difference is because while I booked a suite guarantee (meaning I will have to purchase my own drinks/internet).  I already have stateroom assigned..., so it repriced me to the cost of my S2 w/the all inclusive.....more than $7000 more than what I paid for cruise only....between my OBC from my Celebrity visa & my CC discount, the premium drinks & steam internet will cost us about $1200 total for both of us...I'll stick with my guarantee price lol 😉.   happy endings are the best!

• Like 3

On 2/21/2022 at 6:06 PM, cruise kitty said:

Update:   the wonderful Annice was able to trace back & get everything corrected 🙂

tip:  anytime you do anything over the phone ask for a new invoice to be emailed...   😉

oh yes I do this.  funny thing is sometimes the invoices math doesn't add up.

Like when I had an FCC applied, they did not put on the invoice the amount they just lowered the balance due.  I found it odd the invoice did not reference FCC applied.  I mean I have seen them sometimes.  oh well.

And lately the agent might ask me to look at the invoice before hanging up.  I guess they are doing to to avoid call back.

• Like 1

...and I have been on hold now for over 30 minutes trying to get a reprice - about $50 OBC - may not be worth my time?  LOL - not sure why this is so hard with the need to be put on hold on and off for the last 40 minutes!

Update- still on hold now - nearing one hour - on and off hold while the agent speaks to the Resolutions dept to get me my $42 OBC LOL.

I actually called to try and get the CARIBOBC of $200  but they are saying this is only for cruises booked after Feb 10th - and when I say well if I were to cancel now and immediately rebook I would get the lower price AND the $200 OBC - but of course Celebrity can't handle that - too complicated and would take weeks (given FCC/rebooking etc) and my cruise leaves in 3 weeks LOL....

So far in all my interactions with Celebrity on the phone I have NOT been impressed - lots of misinformation/different information/ errors etc.   As a first time Celebrity cruise I sure hope my onboard customer service experience is better than this - I am always stressed out now when I have to call them! 😞

Edited by Froufie

On 2/21/2022 at 6:06 PM, cruise kitty said:

glad screaming in frustration worked for you.  Pretty sure it was not necessary, as per your follow-up 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, LGW59 said:

glad screaming in frustration worked for you.  Pretty sure it was not necessary, as per your follow-up 

Read again, lol....  I was fully prepared to scream in frustration,  however, it wasn't necessary...  I'll save it for when I upgrade our drinks packages lol 😉